Is this the beginning of the end for DC or the beginning of greatness for DC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCfanyboy, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DCfanyboy New Player

ppl screaming nerfs , nerfs, and more Nerfs, ppl screaming its to easy , it basically dumbed down what is it really, who is pulling the strings here... is it the fan base, is it the devs, is it the board of directors, is it just how we wish to see the the world, is the world getting softer.....i dont know
    The good thing about this game is definitely the combat systems pvp,pve its preety cool but what about everything else

Whats the saying it gets worse before it gets better
    • Like x 4
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

ESO will not kill the game like everyone thinks. However with many players switching to PS4 and PS4 MMO lineup being pretty strong its questionable. However I think the devs trumph card is Halls of Power. If they fail there then yes DC will die for a long time until they have another DLC with raids or powerset.
    • Like x 3
  3. Caseyyeah Committed Player

Is neither an option?
    • Like x 2
  4. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

R.I.P Dcuo. We had a good run...
    • Like x 4
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol when ever anything is changed in the game or a new mmo or big title comes out it's "the end of he game"

From my own personal view and what I've noticed the closest we got to losing people in this game was origin crisis... The time period between origin crisis and sons of trigon the game for the most part was a ghost town almost ... My friends list would have less then 20 people on at any given time Which btw my friendslist is comprised of people I've added due to middle of the raid dc's or people I run with regularly. It's quite a lengthy list

Lots of reasons for this ... The raids were too hard for most of the population...and people felt cheated that the gap between the best gear which could only be obtained through the raids that were impossible for most people, was just too high compared to the purchased gear. A lot of people chalk it up to it being summer time the reason less people were on its funny cause people say this year round in the fall it's cause kids are back in school winter it's cause of the holidays.. I say bull it's cause of origins crisis ..... Sons of trigon started to bring people back and I believe war of the light helped keep people around .. The new system of updates regularly and a new dlc every 3 months seems to be what's keeping the game active...

So no I don't think it's the death of the game
    • Like x 8
  6. Burnt New Player

9 more months until...

Then it's bye, bye! :) I hate how this game has changed :mad:
    • Like x 15
  7. SKAVANGER408 New Player

DCUO is DOOOOOOOMED!
    • Like x 5
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Agreed. If DLC 10 is like SOT, then I'm gone for a while. However, SOE will kill this game, not another title as many believe. Many left this game for Star Wars : The Old Republic and FF, only to return. There was something missing with those games. If any game can put a dent in the player though, it is ESO. It looks just as quick as DC, and looks to be the complete package. The 3rd person view will bring in many new players to the Elder Scrolls world. However, it wasn't WOW that killed Star Wars : Galaxies, it was SOE and their crazy game decisions. So they definitely have experience killing games. This game will never return to it's former glory. Bring back Chris Cao !!!
    • Like x 3
  9. Poo New Player

ESO is no different than the previous versions. Combat is no where near as good or "quick" as DCOU and the third person view sucks (maybe more than 1st person). They had 3rd person view in the other games as well btw.

And please don't mention SWG. I cry a little every time I think about it :(
    • Like x 1
  10. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

When I reference the 3rd person view, I'm think in terms of the console crowd. It seems many just don't like the first person view. It may not be "as fast", but the gameplay, and overall content looks 1000 better than the drool bucket content we have here. But we'll see. I've pre-ordered mine already. I hate DCUO because I love it so much. I just don't know if I can continue with such lackluster content.
  11. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Can't wait for ESO. SOE is catering to the wrong crowd and will kill themselves which is sad because dcuo is still currently an awesome game
    • Like x 4
  12. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

Honestly I don't think the devs quite understand the skinner box. They seem to want a high level elitism mentality so they encourage that, but then that mentality drives away the low tier players.
    • Like x 1
  13. Poo New Player

Meh, I spent hours playing it this weekend. Idk. Maybe I'm just sick of all the fantasy games. I just wanna be able to fly ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

its the end. you should totally get out while you can. can i have your stuff if you do?
    • Like x 8
  15. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Looks freaking awesome!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 3
  16. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

There's been "DCUO is doomed" threads ever since the original boards went up. Yet it's still here. I don't expect it to last forever, but I intend to enjoy it while it lasts. Life's too short to spend all my time in the game pulling my hair out over things I can't control.
    • Like x 5
  17. Vinny Tireshine New Player

I said that it's the beginning of the end when DCUO had that awful Weapon Mastery stream and things have just gotten worse from there. They are pissing off too many fans with their "balance" changes. Balance changes that will also require you to purchase a DLC in order to take advantage of the new fighting mechanic, which seems like where all the nerfs are steaming from, in order to make way for Weapon Mastery.
    • Like x 2
  18. zorile New Player

I have my eye on some new games coming out.i feel the time is near to hang up the cape
    • Like x 2
  19. EPICQ New Player

Good god What the F!!!!!! I wont leave DCUO online tho to much work put in but wow that video game play was AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT beyond.... my mind is tingling.
    • Like x 3
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

If mem
    If memory serves the first "DCUO is doomed" went up 4 hours after the game went live.
    • Like x 5