Is there any content excluded from the Omnibus selection?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Neb153, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Neb153 Level 30

I'm asking because I've been running Omnibus raids daily ever since it was introduced, and I have yet to ever see With A Vengeance, A Black Dawn, and Prison Break pop up in the queue. Just wondering if this is particularly bad luck or if there's something wrong with those instances specifically.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sihvebi New Player

This is a good question. If there are exclusions, I'd like to know what percentage are included and are they rotated with excluded content? I seem to be getting a lot of the same content pretty frequently.
    • Like x 3
  3. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I am very curious about this too, I know random is random but I've been getting the same content quite frequently and it's really unusual. I only run Omnibus for the weekly missions but I seem to always get the same instances.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've had prison break pop multiple times, we even got thru it twice lol. Took awhile thanks to cog turning. As far as I know, only elites aren't a part of it. Thank god, that was a great call by the devs. I'm thinking the others you mentioned aren't in the mix tho which makes me sad cuz I'd like to see those pop
    • Like x 1
  5. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

This is quite a common misunderstanding of how the Omnibus works. Omnibus queues you straight into "the next available content". But the content can still be chosen. Lets say you're queuing for Alerts. So if all 4 players queue through Omnibus then an Alert will be selected at random and everyone heads in. However, if 3 players queue'd through Omnibus, but 1 went into Custom Play and actually chose the Alert, the 3 in Omnibus queue are routed to the Custom Play players queue and you all enter his/her chosen Alert.

As an example, say you and 2 Leaguemates queue into Omnibus (not grouped, separately) but I chose The Demons Plan through Custom Play, as long as others arent ahead of you in the Omnibus queue, Demons Plan will pop for all 3 of you.

In other words, the reason you haven't seen those Raids is because people weren't selecting them. Keep in mind the 3 Raids you mentioned are on the longer side of DCUOs catalogue. Making them some of the least likely to be chosen by players.
    • Like x 4
  6. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I know on the solos that Stemming the Tide and Last Son Of Krypton do not pop at all when you que for a solo.
    • Like x 2
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol u usually prob wont see any of the more mechanic heavy stuff because anyone who has ever ran it, knows to decline that instance. If u do see it, grab ur popcorn, it will be a trainwreck worth watching i guess lol
    • Like x 3
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I think the algorithm is a little skewed, but a leaguemate did get Prison Break to pop.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is most likely the reason. I highly doubt that any raid is excluded. From what the devs said, what this guy mentioned is what’s happening.

A lot of people custom que for the same raids so these are the ones that get filled by the omnibus first. If 8 people happen to be qued into the omnibus at the same time and there is no custom que in place than you will in when a random raid. But since there are so many people you will end up filling the ones that people are selecting. These will include:

Raids that drop pets
    Raids that drop collections
    Raids that are fast (source farms)

These will be the most common ques

You’ll then have less common but still selected custom ques like:

Raids that drop base items
    Raids that give feats that can be done with randoms
    And raids that are next up on players progression (journal clearing)

And finally the random que lol
    • Like x 3
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

And thats not counting the variable of all the times as u get lower on that list that veterans who “know better” decline lol
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yea, I’m actually not surprised that most ques aren’t mostly the same. This is what I thought would happen from how they described it would function originally. The omnibus isn’t its own separate que system. It’s a system that goes along with the already existing ques and helps it move faster. I think it’s a rather good system. Always thought it was (outside of how it originally also qued with duos lol).
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I think its poorly Designed and a complete trainwreck personally.
    Being a supplementary or complimentary thing is a good descriptive tho.

My quam with it really is simple. Its a great example of over engineering.
    All omnibus is doing is Q’n u for all in a set category (raid, alert, etc)
    Did we need a new screen? Did we need to hide the on duty menu? No and no.
    To do this, they simply had to make a check box at the too for each category an call the dumb thing “omnibus”.
    U want to complete the jounal weekly then click the check box at top called omnibus….. so simple…..
    It didnt have to be this mess
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It seems that your issue is more with the UI and the bells and whistles over the concept of the omnibus. It’s true that all it really is, is a que all which we technically already had. Yes the could’ve easily just added another check box to select everything at once. Some will like it others will not. And I understand it. I think the “system” is more geared towards the average casual. The type of person who just wants to click a button and move on. And this UI does seem to mask the toggle of clicking everything at once. I personally like it lol.

The issue you are having with it is again mostly on the UI (unless I misunderstood something). Regardless, the omnibus is technically just a UI thing. It’s just a Shinny click all button. The thing that really changed is the stats clamp on the content, the removal of loot locks, and the addition of the source marks back into these content (relevancy removal). But I do have to wonder how many people would be random queuing into everything at the same time if the omnibus wasn’t there. Would players be random queuing everything or just queuing specific stuff. Did the omnibus increase the number of these random ques or did the weekly mission do it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I don't know we can say they 'never' pop...I agree that I've never seen either of these among a slew of Deep Desires, BoP solo, Meta Research Wing, Gotham Warehouse, Star Labs... Manhiems and Funhouse(thank Jeebus), Regal hotel, the atlantis solo and Spark of Parallax. 99% of time time I get at least 1 of those 10...if i'm skipping a few looking for a good one. The 4 iconic solos and the Raven solo, Greenhouse and a few others seem to be 2nd tier and come up 50% of the time. Stemming and Last Son? Not once that I recall.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh...not sure if I buy this. I tested this theory early on. I grouped 7 toons and queued Omni, I then took a single toon and queued the DD raid. I had all roles accounted for between the 2 groups (tank was solo, I had a heal and troll in the 7 man group, and my 2 groups never matched up. The 7 popped into several others raids...well, queues popped, then I disregarded them 'for science'....tried again...but they never landed in that DD run and the DD custom run only finally popped 10 or 12 min later, then was denied by someone a few times before I de-queued it. The test was a hassle so I have not repeated, but in theory it should have matched at some point.

Could be bad timing, but I had 2 matched groups tailor made for each other and they never matched up and both were waiting at the same time for several minutes at points.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The weekly did + no loot locks of course.
    And yes, its not “omnibus itself” its the time an $ wasted on it when a check box and a weekly would have sufficed. I’d rather the time an effort the devs completely wasted have been used on something actually beneficial.
  17. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Been trying it out myself these last 2 weeks. Remembered i never got the OP Hand style from Demons Plan so have been Custom queuing that. Its popping fast. As for roles and such, the standard settings still apply. If 3 dps queue'd up for omnibus and i Custom Play queue'd for Demons Plan as a dps, but my settings are set so i dont queue into roleless instances, its likely i wont get 1 or 2 of those 3 people. Maybe all 3.

I have noticed however that Elite versions of Alerts do seem to be excluded from the Omnibus queue. Most likely on purpose as some players may not be ready for Elite.
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've had Last Son of Krypton pop for Omni.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Elite versions of content are excluded from omnibus. You have to custom queue into elites, probably with your pre-made or mostly pre-made group.

The operations that actually take you into open world areas are also currently disabled while we sort out handling those.

Other than that it *is* possible for us to curate the omnibus to exclude, well, anything, but that is a failsafe and not the goal of the system.
    • Like x 6
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Lucky, I wish that one would pop for me.