Is there a relaunch posibility or never going to happen? #Transparency

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Many games rebrand and relaunch, like Aion or like City of Heroes: Freedom back in the day. We have episodes and used to have dlc but never had a proper huge expansion or relaunch that could incluse many QoL improvements like graphical upgrades, new character creator, new ways to level up characters or new habilities and ways to customize in a big way.
    We are going 8 years into the game and as Atlantis just proved, they can still do wonders. So there's a chance for this to happen?
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

probably not.
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

While I definitely do not work for Daybreak at this point I'd probably say no. With all the money making schemes we keep seeing like Time capsules, Artifacts, Augments and so on its obvious the game is struggling just to stay profitable and stay ON LINE. We all know that the staff was cut years ago in yet another effort to save cash so the idea that they have funding or even enough Devs to attempt a major reboot seems out of the question.

I suppose anything is possible but I'd say the odds are very much against it.
    • Like x 5
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

Gonna go with "nope" on this one.

While the direction over the past year has certainly made the game more enjoyable for me I don't know that the population numbers make such an idea a winner at this time.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Hmm I could see a 10 year relaunch.
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Ha
    • Like x 2
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

• graphical upgrades
      • PC just got an update, many character models are being updated
    • new character creator
      • yes, the UI there is clunky and inconvenient - but what else needs to be updated?
    • new ways to level up character
      • artifacts
      • augments
    • new abilities
      • artifacts
    • ways to customize in a big way
      • what exactly?
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From the way things look from our limited viewpoint I think it'd be an "either/or" situation. It just doesn't seem like there are the resources available for the devs to keep delivering content on a regular enough basis to keep the pitchforks and torches at bay AND basically rework the game for any sort of relaunch. So it'd be either "keep going the way things are with improvements thrown in when they can" or "stop everything new and add nothing to the game while redoing it."

Honestly I'd have a tough time imagining the game making it through the second scenario unscathed. We STILL have folks ready to pull out the pitchforks and torches any time there's even a hint of a delay for new content releases and more than a few "I'm bored, there's nothing to do" threads popping up shortly after a new episode drops. On top of that I keep going back to an incident in my time with SWG where a group of players repeatedly said "we can wait for new content while you do quality-of-life/bug bash fixes" only to watch them start complaining when the bug bash/fixes took too long for their tastes.
    • Like x 2
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Unfortunately this is one of the major problems the game and in particular the Devs face constantly. We had the whole change from Quarterly to Monthly content because of one group of players that had a tendency to rush out as soon as a new DLC hit and using replays and whatever else (to clarify think the total SPAM teams we had running the Giant Starro, Doomsday and Giant Robot over and over and over with basicaly no reward at all just to get the feat points as fast as possible) and then within a week they had all the best possible armor and all the available feats done and were on here moaning about having "Nothing new to do"

So the devs converted and gave us monthly content. What did we see next? Complaints about no outdoor content, complaints about limited numbers or duos, alerts and raids, complaints about the whole process where it took a couple months and a couple DLC to completely get a whole new higher Cr armor. Now add in the fact that we had numerous complaints about using the same maps over and over and over.. Never getting anything new and different.

So we went back to Quarterly (? well sort of but now it isn't even a guarantee we will see content every three months) and what did we get next? Complaints about the "defeat X number of mobs" weekly missions in the DLCs ( see 410/411/329/303 teams for examples). Age of Justice had no solo challenge.. Gee we had 6 daily outdoor missions that all gave us 1 war bond and two of those missions also dropped a piece of unatunned gear DAILY. And that doesn't even include the daily BOUNTY that drops another piece of gear by defeating a Paradox Demon. What are we seeing complaints about now? The Atlantis DLC is okay but there is NOT enough to do.

the list goes on and on and on and on.. No matter what the dev teams does. No matter who they hopefully make happy they wind up with a different group complaining about the new stuff. So they spend a fortune coming out with a totally new and improved DCUO II and within days, if it takes that long, have a whole crew of players on here screaming about how it sucks compared to DCUO One?
    • Like x 3
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Coming up with new ways to increase profits is not evidence of struggling profitability it is equally evidence of simply finding and implementing new ways to increase profits that haven't otherwise diminished.

Now I'm not saying that's necessarily fact, what im pointing out is the absolutely asininity of your assumption that you somehow believe to know Daybreaks financial position, you truly would just be better suited sticking to what you know and can prove rather than what you think might be going on ;)

Especially when communicating it in a way that purports it to be somehow a well known fact.
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am curious .. Do you actually ever READ a post you don't agree with or just start in with the ragging on whoever wrote it? SEEMS to me the very FIRST thing i said was and I will QUOTE

So basically with that opening statement I let anyone reading it know that anything they read after wards was MY OPINION based on things I have seen in game. And YOU are telling me that the fact that we have Time Capsules that some players spend a small fortune buying because TRYING to get everything available in a certain capsule doing that daily duo is pretty much impossible.

Then they gave us Artifacts.. That started off as a fairly good deal. The only way, at that point to get Nth metal was to PLAY the game. the only way to get Catalysts was to run the specific missions that dropped THAT catalyst. NOW? Tell me what any player in game can NOT go to the market and buy with real cash.

Augments? Yeah you can play the game and salvage armor as it is replaced.. you can also go to the market and just BUY a huge block of nth metal raising them as high as possible

Combat Rating? When this game started the only way to increase CR was to play the game Now? Pull out the credit card and a brand new player with no game knowledge at all is at CR 170 when they leave the character creator.

OHHH add on I was about to hit send and then I remembered this one. remember back when a holiday event arrived and players actually went out and did the daily outdoor and alert to earn holiday cash? Now they go to the market and BUY holiday cash with REAL CASH.

Oh and its been a while and I have no desire to dig around trying to find it but a while ago we had an "official" announcement that while they would not rule out the possibility of some new things in game do to the size of their staff the absolute first priority for many things arriving in the game was that items ability to generate INCOME. And before you even start .. No that does not mean we have not had some things arrive in game recently that were freebies but how many of those had any thing at all to do with making a player stronger and more capable to perform the functions their role requires?

Now once again to make it VERY VERY clear to you.. I do not work for Daybreak , I am not one of their stock holders I am simply stating MY OPINION based on all that and more .. The game is struggling to stay profitable. IF they were not and subscribers and the Premiums buying up each individual DLC and other items like new powers etc as they arrive in game were generating enough income to keep every one happy would all this other stuff even exist? especially when we have seen god knows how many players here basically saying farewell forever because they are tired of it.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Actually yes, I did read it and here let's analyse what you wrote. In my opinion you were not explicitly clear enough as to the fact it was your opinion not to mention the unnecessary misleading it causes your readers... I'll dissect it for you.

<--- this is one sentence here and you end it with the full stop... it could be argued all you're saying here is that you don't work for Daybreak and that this is simply a disclaimer for the fact you don't know whether they'd "relaunch the game", ending with the use of a full stop.

------> you then begin a new sentence and arguably a new assertion that your prior disclaimer is disassociated with, your use of language is ambiguous at best, especially given the strong nature of the following assertion.

... obvious to whom? you? seems rather subjective and an uninformed opinion formed on a horrible lack of information to back it up. Surely it is more common sense to form an opinion, especially one of this nature, on the discernible facts...

How can you possibly know this?!?! This serves no purpose other than to spread fear.

This is no different from any company restructuring to save costs and create efficiency, why is Daybreak somehow different and on deaths door simply for doing it?

The reality is your post serves nothing more than whipping up unnecesary hysteria as to the financial strength and status of Daybreak and that the OP's query is answered through your "feelings" rather than "facts". It's somewhat scaremongering and not a lot different from people that make threads going on about how DCUO must be close to death while citing a screenshot from the watchtower population at 3AM.

To make it clear as well, I don't have a personal issue with you, I just found the assertions made within your post to be unnecessary and or misplaced and probably somewhat unnecessary to the point where they weren't particularly helpful.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1