Is there a reason why PC raid hasn't been fixed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HurricaneErrl, Jul 4, 2020.

1. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I dont complain as much as some, but what is going on with Pheonix Cannon Raid? And why is it still DCing half the group on entry? We had to build 4 separate groups through LFG before we could actually run it today. People see half the group disappear and they decide to leave too before we can invite back the DCd members. Did you guys just give up on it? The DM portals seem to be fixed. I haven't had any issues in there for a while now. But PC raid is still DCing half the group. Is it like this on the EU, switch, and xbox servers as well?
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Haven’t ran that for a while but I think it was still like that for ps too
  3. Kestral Committed Player

They never figured out how to fix the issue and kind of hoped we forgot about it after the next content came out.
  4. Wallflower Level 30

Sadly this has been Dimensional Ink's M.O.
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The game is probably super hard to work with when trying new things out with how old the game is. When using today's tech its a hit and miss which is why they are working on a new mmo. Unreal 5 will make things much smoother When developing. they could develop content at a much faster rate then unreal 3. giving them much more time to work on bugs. Less time working on content means more time working on bug fixes and working with the community to bring a better experience. Unfortunately as time goes on tech gets much harder to deal with in older games especially ones with an open-world like dcuo. They don't have the development team they had when this game was at its best. If they did they'd have more hands to give us a better experience. Old game harder to make content and costs more time. It costs them less to keep the small team they have and give us little return on content., than add a bigger team and give us more. Its a small team making sure it survives rather than a big team hoping the content sells for a big return. The smaller the team the less they care on return. Would u make sure content worked 100% if it was just going to the trash 2 ep later, by trash I mean nobody in it. I bet u wouldn't work that hard on it. Sadly there is only progression in end game. when there should be gear progression with all that trash content sitting there doing nothing. Seems like a waste of dev time to make new content when this game has enough content with nobody in it. They should be thinking outside the box not making more content. That's the problem with dcuo.
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

LOL someone didnt get the memo. A spotlight on a broken episode? Haha
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

What? Yes things should actually work. Is this for real? No wonder things are the way they are when they have players bending over backwards like this to make excuses.
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Its no excuse its facts a new ep will only be enjoyable for 2 weeks. if the devs are lucky enough to add something interesting. But given the fact that there is only progression in that new ep, it gets boring after 2 weeks. It makes u wish things were different in the way the development team goes forward. Im not bending over backwards when saying the game is super boringness and things need to change going forward. An ep will not change this games fate for much longer. We all got hope and hanging around and still supporting it but this is getting pretty sad at this point. No pvp and hardly a pve side. im not bending over backwards when I say this game is still alive but how. It surprises me every day they don't announce its shut down. I feel its hardly hanging on with the little content for progression it has. It surprises me they work on new things and put so much time into it. When they can put that same time back into all that content we already have. so we can stop playing one episode over and over again. Leaving them more time to work with the community for a better game experience. Imagine never getting any more content what they can do with that time. endless possibilities!!
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

We heard "PS3 was holding us back" for how long. I just got a chuckle when you said that it is now new tech possibly holding the game back.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The issue has proven difficult and is still being worked on.
  11. nawanda Loyal Player

That whole episode should never have been released in the dreadful state it was. Thankfully they addressed most of the issues pretty quickly. This bug remains a hair in the soup. Are we really going to have a raid that goes through its entire relevancy kicking people off the game upon launch? It looks that way. Issues like that and the extended lag that was in the current alert for weeks make you wonder how robust the quality control can possibly be. I’d put it on a par with theIr commitment to punishing blatant cheats.
  12. Controller Devoted Player

I've NEVER had this happen to ME before...

I'm on an older Desktop personal computer.

I've seen anywhere from 2-4 players in my raid party drop out at the start of PC raid, though...every single time.

Even when farming the raid in the past when the extra marks have happened....NEVER have DC'd from this raid at all.
    • Like x 1
  13. Siramez Well-Known Player

Same. it never happened to me. my guess is the internet *shrug*
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Now TODAY when I ran it - NO ONE dropped / DC'd.

Not sure if these were PC or PS players.
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Not when it randomly happens to several people on different ISPs.

Honestly, the problem... in technical terms... is a memory leak. What's going on is that somehow your client is trying to write to a section of memory where it can't for whatever reason (lack of permission, already occupied, etc). The problem is in the "arrival" rendering/allocation when you teleport or warp. It's almost as if they used an old block of code via copy-and-paste but used the version of it before it was fixed... or it's as if a fix that was put in exposed an underlying problem.

If they can ever figure out where it is, I suspect we will see the overall number of disconnects go way down because my gut is telling me they're all tied together.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve heard several people attest that if the person with group lead who is starting the queue is a PC player then this won’t happen. I can’t personally confirm or deny this based on my first hand experiences but know several who would confirm it.