Is the Shaded Comic Material ... One of the G.O.A.T so far?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 21, 2021.

1. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m on the EU server where prices are lower because the economy is smaller.

The typical price on the EU server is around 600M.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, not sure if you were agreeing with me or upset at my post?

I would prefer a high price item that is redeemable on whole account that is good. Bedazzling the tuxedo isn't exactly worth the cost. And I'm pretty miffed they always do that. "Here, styles for purchase." "These are not very good!" "Okay, you don't want them anymore." "That isn't what we said!!!" "Oh, okay, here is RNG boxes, that way we get paid and you get what you want." "??????"
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I wish the same man. And I really dig what you've done with it so far.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

I'm sure there will all sorts various versions of this material... blue, red, etc...The hair style having a neon effect would also be a hint of what's to come.
    It will probably show up in a time capsule.

If only we could get the skins to take material effects...that would complete this experience.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

Please, tell me where I can farm it in game as a drop. I'll be here holding my breath.

The only place to get one is from a Booster Bundle. That is a fact. Someone somewhere had to purchase the BB and get lucky opening the box before they could scalp sell one to another player. They aren't just magically appearing in player inventories, bro.
    • Like x 2
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

We are going to go round in circles. Look at the original statement I said was false. I have obtained 4 of those materials and haven’t opened a single Booster Bundle. I do realise that someone else opened bundles. But again, look at the idiotic statement that said that anyone who has that material is a “sad bastard” because they opened bundles. I bought mine on the broker. There is a secondary market for these items. You do not have to open BBs to obtain one. Please try to grasp this. I never claimed they are just magically appearing. You’re ascribing a position to me I haven’t taken, for some strange reason. Maybe you like to argue on the internet or think you’re making some subtle but clever point. You aren’t. You’re stating the bleeding obvious in a way that adds nothing to the discussion. And you have a vocab lesson in your signature. It’s laughable.
    • Like x 2
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

It is definitely very pretty .
    • Like x 1
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's a nice material and really It's something that should of been a holiday gift for members instead of put in a Booster bundle .
    • Like x 1
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Expect variants or multiples of variants over the next year.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

Tintable Material =/= Shaded Comic Material

Most style pieces have three parts to them and you can change each part's color in the Style UI. When you apply a Material to a style, say the Void Material, the finer details of that style are lost and you're left with a single Void-ed out style piece. You can change the color of the outer glow, but that's it; one color. Head Piece: one color [Red]. Chest Piece: one color [Blue]. And so on.

The Shaded Comic Material behaves like a Chroma. When you apply a Chroma to a style piece, you maintain all three separate parts of that style. Take the Smoke Chroma for example. If you applied that to your chest style, one part of the chest WILL be matte black, another part WILL be matte gray, and the last part - the Smoke part - that you can customize to your liking. What if you don't like the matte black or the matte gray bits? Too bad. Gotta wait until Oceans or any other art team member decides to make a Red Smoke Chroma or a Yellow Smoke Chroma.

Enter the Shaded Comic [Chroma]. Not only do you maintain all three separate parts of the style, but for the first time ever, you can actually change each part's color! Head Piece: three colors [Red, Blue, Gold]. Chest Piece: three colors [White, Gold, Red]. Legs Piece: three colors [White, Gold, Blue]. The Shaded Comic [Chroma] needs no color variants as it's 100% customizable as is.

There's no going back to regular Chromas after this... NO GOING BACK! :eek:
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I used my loyalty points that I've been saving up.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Chromas have multiple channels, the Shaded Comic Material only has one channel.
  13. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Yeah. For a starting price of $600 million

(yes, I have actually looked on the broker, and the prices are FAR out of the reach of most people, so the item remains basically unobtainable unless you're a hardcore broker fiend)
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

The Comic does have three channels - three Comic channels each seperate from each other. Materials don't do that.

Oceans stated in the livestream that she had a different name for this thing and I want to believe that it was probably something other than what we're used to. I think she mentioned "Comic Shader"... maybe I'm imagining that. I'm sure whoever ultimately decided on the name did so for consistency's sake.
    • Like x 2
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

It definitely looks like a post-process shader to me. It reminds me of the various "toon" skins introduced in Fortnite this year like Rick Sanchez and the Naruto characters.

edit: Like this add-on for UE4 - https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/ce2cda95e5f54180b2cf7df24566bdf7
    • Like x 1
  16. nawanda Loyal Player

Guilty as charged. I am a hardcore broker fiend. Only because of TCs and BBs. I work the broker as an alternative to buying stabilizers and BBs.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Agreed ..its definitely a "game changer"...

I found my self standing on a set where my screen looked like the bother eye concept art loading screen and I was like hmm that's cool.
    • Like x 1
  18. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Oh, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I kinda agree. I want them to retroactively apply this to my favorite material, THE VOID.
    • Like x 1
  19. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I'm not disagreeing that the price is "steep" for most people but considering that the original Time Capsule's Emblems (Lantern Emblems) go for around 15m-50m (depending on which) a piece, it's not that crazy of a price. We get a good amount of stabilizers now through the daily rewards so I don't see this as being out of reach for people. If it was selling for 1b-3b then yes, I would totally agree with your sentiment.
  20. kallader Well-Known Player

Did a post asking about drop % of bundle since gambling is illegal here and they delete my post XD
    • Like x 2