Is Serums still going to be in game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iAquamanJLA, Dec 15, 2015.

1. iAquamanJLA Well-Known Player

Is serums still going to be in game or was it just replaced by atomic
  2. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Delayed, not cancelled.
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wasn't replaced just pushed back
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I do hope that they make serums, Seemed like a really cool idea.
    • Like x 2
  5. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I would not put a bet on it :oops:
    • Like x 1
  6. krytine Loyal Player

It's funny 5he community was sooooo p%ssed off by the idea that Atomic was originally ally going to be a healer power so sirum was dropped and atomic was made a tank so what's next oh hate water now love water
    • Like x 1
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Well it's in the same pile as the new UI and movement mode customization, Delayed
    • Like x 1
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

community would be pissed if cancelled ... its only delayed as next tank power.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

This is a good question. The answer isn't all that clear.

Last year during SOE Live when they first announced the 3 new powers (then Munitions, Atomic and Serums) they made it know that they really scraped out what they could of memory space to make them possible. This indicated that there just isn't enough memory space left for anymore powers as things are now.

So if they can expand the memory space I am sure that Serums is still on the table for the future, considering the already done work on it. But we don't know the full reasons behind all the changes that got Serums postponed in the first place, so where it's placement on the what's next list is unknown to the masses.
    • Like x 1
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I really Feel like Atomic has powers that were going to be in Serums. Change the effects around on some of the combo powers(melee in particular) and you will get a good physical powerset. Fracture could be replaces by a shoulder bash. They could even take a page out of 8 gates guy's book and have your punches cause so much pressure that you can fire concussive blasts of air at range.

[IMG]

*Devs take note on how to create ranged attacks for a super strength character*
    • Like x 2
  11. Owl Devoted Player

Note the Experimental Serums Slide from SOE Live:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There were plans to add Grappling to the combat system including throws and holds.
    Grappling was a key component of Serums.
    The lack of current Grappling Technology may have contributed to the power being put on hold.
    The UI Revamp would have improved performance and freed up necessary resources.
    The lack of the UI Revamp may have contributed to Grappling not being added to the combat system.
    • Like x 2