Is PVP 96 gear useful?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by LeagueOfV, Oct 17, 2014.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I believe when not wearing any PVP gear, you are raised to fully modded 96 gear. I have a full set of 96 gear, but I haven't tried wearing it yet in arenas. I just take my 96 weapon and trinket, and leave whatever PVE gear on that I'm wearing at the time. On my alts I just wear the old 86 gear. I have been able to KO players will full 99 gear on both my main and alt, which I wasn't able to do before GU 41.

My question is should I be wearing my 96 gear in arenas? I haven't actually gone up against anyone with 96 gear yet. It's either people with full 99 sets (I lose) or no PVP gear (I usually win, lose sometimes). I'm not sure if wearing all my 96 gear will help, or if it will be worse since I only have beta mods in it. I've only done 1v1, so I'm not sure if it makes a bigger difference in groups. Thanks.
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The way PvP gear works now is that if you enter an arenas match with stats below that of entry level gear (cr96) you get buffed up to those stats. So wearing the 96 gear with beta mods, while minimal, the mods are helping. The stat differences between tiers of gear is minimal now, but you do want to work your way up to the best gear.

You can skip right over purchasing the cr 96 gear and go right to 97.