Is legendary membership worth it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Protofreakification, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

In b4 the lock.
  2. Marine Death Committed Player

My friend you replied to a post that is almost 2 years old.
    • Like x 2
  3. 00beaner New Player

as long as you pay 3 months at a time you keep a $10/month fee for subbing. subbing all year gives you $60/yr so yea its plenty worth it. granted it costs an actual $120/yr but half of that goes to in game cash. if you buy every dlc its $40/yr as is and once the market place changes goes into effect it will cost more. so the extra you get is so worth the tiny extra cost
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think most of the positive have already been covered pretty well... Now let's add in some of the negatives you will face as a premium. I am referring to the NEW ones based on the announcement they just made recently about changes in the market place. Do you have any desire to try out the powers coming down the line in the near future? (Munitions, Serum, Nuke and so on) Plan on paying to own each of them in addition to paying for any new DLCs along with all of the existing ones if your just starting out and don't have them yet. From what I read it is going to get to the point where you will pay for just about anything new in game while a Legendary gets automatic access to it and even gets to start using it a week or more before you have the chance to buy it.

Maybe I missed it in the posts I read but add in the fact that legendary players get a 10% discount on anything they do buy from the store so if it costs you 500 SC it costs me 450. Now depending on how many replays, recovery kits and whatever else you decide you need a month that may not amount to a lot of REAL MONEY but it can add up after a while.

Ultimately it depend on the individual.. how much time will you spend playing? Do you plan, like me, to create a number of characters not just ONE? (Replays save you ages of time doing the same feats over and over again .. just BUY them with replays). You'll eventually need to mod characters and as they get higher and higher up the tiers you'll need better and better mods to increase your CR... Recovery kits allow you to get back all of those Exobytes to use again and again ... or you can spend hours and hours and hours hunting for them in Gotham and Metropolis (which means your running around looking for glowing rainbows NOT playing the game). All that costs money (REAL MONEY) so 10% off every purchase along with 150 free replays a month can be a huge help.
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I tried Premium one day...It lasted about 1 hour.

I can't play any game with restrictions in place for me. Just doesn't work for me.

So for me Legendary is beyond worth it.
  6. DieHarderxx New Player

As a casual player, most of the benefits you see mentioned are not worth paying for as there isn't much time to get any real use out of them. I have been playing DCUO about 9 months worth of casual playing time and I paid $60 worth for DLC through T4, amenities and 350 replay badges plus $10 to switch a power on a character which you have to pay for with legendary also. The only thing I find really worth while with the legendary is the "no escrow limit". But I am starting to find the game boring as the waiting to hook up with others to play the lower tiers is getting too long. Plus I keep playing the same missions over and over again now for SP. With leveling up 4 characters, it starting to becoming tedious. Planetside 2 beta is starting shortly so I'll likely be leaving this game for that.

With 9 months of play, the subscription options for the PS4 would have cost me somewhere between $90 to $135 versus the $60 I spend. Not worth it to me. I still own the DLC so if I leave and come back, I have that content to play without having to do a subscription again.
    • Like x 1
  7. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Legendary for 2 years and loving it.............DCUO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Same here!
  9. Batgirl2710 Active Player

Well, I'm going to have a membership soon. Funds will be added to my wallet and I can get a second 1 month membership for free via funds :D
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Please pay attention to the DATES of Threads, it is frowned on to resurrect dead threads.
  11. Batgirl2710 Active Player

12. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

By who, lol, if it's frowned upon by the staff then they should lock them after so long, if it's frowned upon by players who get sucked back into the thread, well that is a whole other story ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. DarthJafo Committed Player

Absolutely. To be honest game is pretty much not playable at free level and only slightly better at premium. This is primarily because of the cash cap. Even at premium you can only buy a full stack of soder or repair..but not both, not without carrying stuff to sell
    • Like x 1