is it yet viable to play sorcery or electricity from the tray?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ApolloMystique, Oct 21, 2015.

1. ApolloMystique New Player

without using weapon attacks?
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Sorcery yes because fury does all your damage. Elec idk
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Sorcery yes. Electricity ( enter your suggested profanity here) no
  4. WildcatHunter Committed Player

come on guys fury doesnt do all your dmg its closer to 50% for an extremely skilled weapon and power clipper and about 70% for the average user. if you guys can crank out even 20k dmg per sec without using a weapon you are still far behind the other powers. so no you can not have a viable dps loadout without weapon dmg. this is further proved by the fact that sorc/earth/nature/elec will be the last powers to be updated for mid-range. the reason for this is we have to wait til weapon dmg is adjusted because you are required to use your weapons for those 4 powers.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just curious: What's your weapon/power clipping strategy?
  6. Veritech Loyal Player

A sorc dps that lets fury do 'all' the damage, is a very bad dps.
    • Like x 7
  7. WildcatHunter Committed Player

your best dmg comes from clipping solar flame or scissor kick with transmutation on almost every weapon attack. the skill comes in being able to clip either power at the earliest possible moment. it also pays to know when to lay down dots and how to keep your rsa up nearly 100% of the time. there are ways to make grand summoning hit like a gorilla on crack. but nah all u need to do is just keep hitting offering right?
    • Like x 3
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

The pet and DoT AMs are designed to be supplemented with weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I was going to say the same thing.
  10. Delta795 New Player

Can you? I guess
    But you will do TERRIBLE damage

Both work best with large amount of weapon clipping
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

You'd still need WM, but you can WM boost elec's arc lightning, which is part of the power back mechanic, too. (So long as you have a charge on something) It helps with it's dps in the short term, when facing small fry mobs that building up the full AM is no bueno for, but I doubt it's enough in the long run to match what others are doing. It'll be a long while before I ever catch up to max gear on any toon. If PS Plus memberships are now carrying over to PC test, I may start messing with that more.