Is it worth coming back to game 2019?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STORMBORN, Jan 31, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

Is PVP really that imbalanced? Everything I'm seeing here is the same as people complained when rage came out but I never found any particular power to be OP in the past.
  2. Capitaine Courage Active Player

No, not at all.
    DCUO needs a monetary investment to be played normally, at least a subscription. That's how games work today, so it's not a problem as such, other titles do the same. But, we all know that Daybereak is in a very bad shape nowadays. The studio could pssibly not see another year because of the bad health of the head quarter, not to my pleasure mind you.
    So it's hard to tell somebody who's not a regular customer to invest in the game when the structure producing it could have less than a year to live (unless somebody takes it over, Warner would be the best case since they're the owners of the DC license, they already did it when Midway closed, buying the studio producing the MK lincense, which became Netherrealm studios).
    Videogames today are not just a matter of players.
  3. AV Loyal Player

I feel like DCUO itself will have a future no matter what. It's still a popular game with 100% VA (heavy investment) and tons of earning potential.
    • Like x 3
  4. Capitaine Courage Active Player

As I said, it could.
    That's what happened when Midway closed, with Warner buying some of their studios to take over their strongest license, Mortal Kombat, which is now more healthier than ever (on top of producing pure DC licensed games too with Injustice).
    In my opinion it would be the best thing to happen, since a structure like Warner can add a lot of producing value and allow the development of high quality assets for their products (and even allow current devs to create things they can't afford right now) with all the funds they have (once again, look at Netherrealm productions)
    But for now, the future is kinda foggy.
  5. STORMBORN New Player

Who is talking about OP powers? I'm talking that pvp nothing changed. :) Entier pvp is not balance...

1# Let me ask you a question. If i enter battle 1v1 where i'm doing everything i can and have countered enemy so many times even he rarely uses weapons (spam spam spam powers) and we fight entire match without killing each other. + my gear 101 he had no gear :)
    What can you say about that pvp? ( i can say waste of minutes in my life)
    2# If i enter second battle and there's guy who run to the edge of map and dissapere and i can't win cuz it saying like he's in circle. And he's gone invinsible and showing aim on corner map?
    That 2 matches would be enough for me to say pvp = nothing touched. :)
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

So the game needs more subscribers because in your opinion it's in bad shape, but you're also advising not to subscribe... because it's in bad shape...

Did I interpret that correctly?
    • Like x 2
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

PVP has changed a lot. The biggest part is looking for the little things that most of the pvp complainers miss. There are a lot of things that the regular complainers talk about needing to be in pvp. xD A lot of these things are there. They are just too lazy to figure them out.
  8. Capitaine Courage Active Player

No, you didn't.
    What the studio needs is a better mother company than Colombus Nova to take over in order to really insure its future, better production conditions and an healthier financial environment.
    When COH closed, it was making benefits, and yet NC Soft did shut it down anyways because they realocated their acivity. So with an even more shady group such as Colombus Nova (and so, Renova Group), nothing is certain.
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah, ok................

SONY did such a bang up job they dumped SOE and the new owners had to bring in a new CEO to get things turned around. Yuuup they were awesome sauce.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

I came back early January with the announcement of the 210 skip. I bought an annual sub cause of the major con of: game is utterly unplayable without a sub. Completely.

Pvp has been broken/ignored pretty much since coming back from the back in 2011. Its never been a priority for them and under current management never will be, this in spite of obvious solutions that would bring people and money back

Pro: Atlantis is gorgeous. Easily best episode ever. Titans is nice but seems limited In content.

In short..Dbg needs to just sell off the license to someone who legit cares about the license. Sony effed up huge when they sold it off. But..its still addicting and fun because of that license, there's no other game like this especially since Marvels failed, and even then it wasn't very close.

Until dbg starts caring about the license and the players and less about just taking In what they can ,Or does the right thing and unload the license it's going to constantly be In Trouble
    • Like x 1
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I would say no.

A month or two ago I might have said yes, but in watching communication fall off from the devs, and the lack of roadmap for 2019, you're better off playing something else and not spending any money on DCUO.
  12. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Depends on playstyle, and when you left.

Me? I am a guy who is balanced, I like doing both PVE and PVP.

On one side, PVE has days worth of content. You shouldn’t really get bored too fast until you grt to endgame then you’re pretty much doing the same thing every day for 3 months at a time.

PVP on the other hand... I wouldn’t advise anyone to touch it unless you’re grinding for gear styles and have infinite patience because it’s not fun at all. All it is, is power spam, shield rotating and little to no weapon use for 10 straight minutes. Yes every single PVP match will last the entire time unless one person just gives up because neither of you can kill yourself. There’s literally no skill in pvp anymore.

If you’re like me who was the balance of both PVP and PVE, you might as well become a full time PVE player or never touch DC again because they have no plans to fix PVP.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if you're looking for a game where you can spend years working on your characters only to have it get all torn down and replaced with cheese than this is the game for you!
    • Like x 1
  14. L T Devoted Player

Now that you're back, I'm curious what you would say the pros and cons are?
  15. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

if there's one "con" to coming back and using the 210 skip like I did...its that there's to much to do. To much to go back and try and get done. I started a lighting toon last week and I'm toying with stepping here through the episodes one at a time as I go to pick up feats and such. Might be a little more enjoyable than going back with my now 244cr.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, now now. Pvp is different, for sure, but not dead. We've been running 4s this past week. There is a new breed of PvPers that adapted to the new meta. It's different, for sure, but still fun. :)