Is it true that banned accounts are being released?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

^
    • Like x 1
  2. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

3. Caroline Dedicated Player

A lot of people on DCUO are talking about it. I've been trying to find the source myself, but since DCUO's under another company now, I thought it might be true.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Always look at the Announcement sub-forum. If it's not in the announcements, it's just a rumor. And just because Daybreak has a new owner doesn't mean they're going to make major changes to the game or force the devs to release names.
    • Like x 2
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Someone just sent me a tell telling me he was just unbanned.... so.... it seems it might be true?
  6. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Have they announced unbans before?
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

I'm not sure how true it is, but after Daybreak bought the game from SOE, a lot of accounts were unbanned then.
    • Like x 2
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That could be true because of the anniversary/company change and wouldn't bother me (Unless the guy was banned for something like racism or nazism), as long as they keep banning people who do wrong things, it's okay to have a pardon every once in a while.
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Of all the complaints people have, unbans is the worst imo. If someone did something bad enough to be deemed permanently banned, they should stay that way. But on the other side of that, most of these people just create new accounts and do the same thing all over again anyways. This is one of the worst games I've played where the devs seemingly just let people ruin their game. Or if they actually do hand down any form of punishment, like with the stabilizer glitches, it is just "stand in the corner for 20min" then welcome back lol
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I dont know, you can always block people saying things in chats. But people who have glitched the game and ruined massive chunks of it, like the stabilizer and money glitches, should never be allowed back on those accounts. Wouldnt surprise me if they come back to their complete inventories as well. smh
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Daybreak didn't purchase SOE, Epstein purchased SOE from Sony and SOE was renamed to Daybreak. Players don't get unbanned because an investment company purchases a game studio, players get unbanned when they write well thought out apologies.
    Why would they announce that?
    • Like x 2
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They announced some people who glitched money and begged were unbanned
    • Like x 1
  13. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

As long as they don't keep anything it's fine. It's not like they will be able to glitch again.
  14. TomShepard Active Player

We dont have to look far,all i gotta say is the last money glitch and khm Taxes..we are seeing the result of that today,the trade chat is out of order with the prices.. because of them with their 312BILLIONS..
    They dont get punished too badly because they come to play everyday and belong to the core base.Tho they only logging in everyday to make more money,because making money here can be an addictive thing.Some have enough money and just logging in to "control the market".They play dcuo because they can do this here,if they would do this in any other game they'd instantly get banned by IP. And until the devs decide to either ban all the old glitchers or cap the trade chat / amount of money we can have its just gonna get worse.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't comment on specific account actions, but no there isn't a big plan to release bans. If you have an example account, happy to look into why/if/how they are no longer banned - just send me a PM with the info.
    • Like x 8
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

IF...and that's a big IF, they were ever to unban an account, it should only be after all cash and items are stripped from the account. Especially true if the the reason for the ban was related to exploits vs more 'social' reasons such as toxic behavior. As no one who was banned was ever promised a parole, I'd think that having their ill gotten gains lost would be an acceptable price for getting the account back, assuming they mainly wanted the names/SP/longevity that would be left over.

But yeah...perma bans should stay perma. If you did something that got you banned, I'd guess you plan on doing it again once you return (if you are not already doing it on 10x more new accounts already).
    • Like x 1
  17. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I could see them release bans if eg7 puts a game guard on dcuo. which i 100% see coming. So yea a ban lift might happen if eg7 is as serious about dcuo as we are that is
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Daybreak didn't buy SOE. SOE was renamed to Daybreak (which did not exist before). Also, the only time any accounts were unbanned was back in 2018 I believe after there was a TC exploit and lots of people got banned. It was partially reversed and Mepps announced that (and it pi**ed off a lot of people).
    • Like x 2
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You might need new glasses there buddy.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You see a lot of things 100% coming that nobody else does, it seems.
    • Like x 2