Is it time to say goodbye to PS3 yet???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jun 26, 2017.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

on this engine..and the fact the game wasnt future-proofed..not very much..
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

they dropped it when stormblood came out on the 20th. Also DB said they make too much revenue off the ps3 to drop support for it.
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yet they can drop $200+ on stabilizers and post it on youtube...no wonder they are out of money/cant afford it.
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Not mad just realistic ;)
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I was just curious... Thought maybe you couldn't find the next vendor to get to.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haasts hasn't even finished the Isis fight (she was 27 or so when she first tried it, and with no barrels down there, it's real tough) let alone had her final talk with her so-called 'mentor', and everyone only actively plays (other than the Seasonals) three days a year
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

That's just... wow... I mean I was dreading AoJ grind for the next few months but wow I couldn't imagine doing T1-T3 over and over. So you missed out on Summer of Wonder and the extended open episodes?
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Probably, although wouldn't say 'missed out' as wasn't interested, wouldn't have even done the AoJ stuff if Haasts hadn't wandered in to the Time-Torn Village and gotten the missions and collected the Investigation (and the feat connected to it)
    Speaking of, how much longer is it free to enter for low levels?
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

they filter the usual hookup apps as well. =(
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I believe it's over
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nuts :(
    Had done it four times each, but then noted had done the Starro six times each, but was busy playing another game for the last week and was hoping still had time, oh well, how sad, never mind :p
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Downward compatibility, And yes, while techwise skipping downward combatibility is often ranging from just being lazy to absolutely needed, marketingwise having no downward combatibility is always a bad move and a problem and keeps customers from following on with the tech, because basically business or some re...dacted morons trying to play the peer pressure card expect people to pay up for something that will not necessarily entertain them. That's the key point. Or, more blatant: DCUO is to miserable of a game to make it worth the move for the folks who didn't do it already.

So you either cut those folks off - and pay up for that with increased sub fees etc. or closing the game due to dropping out of the blacks - or you wait until other companies come up with other games that gets those people to the point of moving. Like Sony themselves with the next GT, like Rockstar Games with the next Red Dead Redemption, like 2K Sports with the next Top Spin or Sega with the next Virtua Tennis, or maybe Star Wars Battlefront II will do the trick for DCUO.

Just total morons buy a console to play one single game in better graphics but the same repeating monotony like before. The PS4 - and XBone the same - needed too much time to get their household franchises getting the move done, so people stayed with the PS3. But some people here have obviously lost their sanity with their devotion to just this one game - which is, considering the lore at hand, close to being utter crap BTW.

Like I said repeatedly - can't wait for the PS3 to actually drop out. Not because I believe the game would get better in any way, but to see the fools realizing they are.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

PC players had the option of 'upgrade or be cut off', why is it such an impossibility for consolers? o_O

The only reason you had DCUO on the PS3 in the first place, was simply because of new technology and people saying "Hey! Check this out! Look what is possible on a console!" without even considering the possibility that technology may move on again (which it did), PC users were able to upgrade by either installing new components or buying a brand new rig, eventually Sony realised the PS3 tech was no longer as 'cutting edge' as it once was, knew it wasn't possible to just swap out components so developed the PS4, if they weren't idiots and allowed 'downward compatibility' (like you had with the previous two versions of the PS) then it's likely more people would have found the money to 'upgrade', just like they did when the PS2 and PS3 came out

Butt no, do not believe it will be an 'easy fix', but moving on never is, but holding back is never the correct answer, or the height of computing technology would still be Pong
  14. Zlohsac Committed Player

Dropping the PS3 won't magically make the game better. But it would certainly open up more possibilities for the changes people want. Even though they said no more powers after Water, they've already said Water will max out the PS3's memory so it doesn't really matter if they want to make more powers or not, they can't. Updated UI ... better graphics, these are all valid things to desire in the game you play.

But I don't think the PS3 is the only problem. The Unreal engine the game runs on now is kinda old too. They should work on a DCUO 2 on an updated engine and only for the PS4, XBONE, and PC.

And this is all assuming they're open to anything that doesn't immediately provide monetary gain. Maybe this is the game you're gonna get and that's it.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Sources?

I don't remember them ever saying either of these things. But I might have missed it somewhere.

They said they wont do more weapons because of animation limitations, but powersets reuse the same animations and just skin them with visual effects.
    • Like x 1
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I never understood this. Why does a new power eat up PS3 memory but new content doesn't???
  17. BumblingB I got better.

It has to do with the preloader. What has to be loaded at all times to be ready for every kind of attack and movement, etc. The game's content does take up space, which is also the reason why for a long time lairs could only have 300 placed items. It's also the reason why the game is all instanced based and they don't move into the open world that much if any.

The way it works, all animations for every weapon, attack, etc is loaded when you zone in. The space the PS3 has is very limited and is the core reason why GU36 happened. They normalized animations to one per weapon. (Originally, like if you wore staff and did say backdraft, you'd jump up onto your staff. That was removed and they put a fist pound instead for every weapon.) They also did this for animations, like gadget's all the grenade lobs were replaced.

So, lets say they had enough room for a new weapon, they have to "create" taps, holds, etc for the weapon that then has to be around all the powersets. By the end, there is a significant number of animations built for it. Which could work towards having a more fleshed out environment or used for a new powerset, etc.

In the case of a new powerset, they use the existing animations and skin it in a unique way to make it look and act differently. So very little animations are used and cuts down on the preloader's resources.

So all the people saying that the PS3 is holding back the game are correct, it is, because the devs want to make everything inclusive. So they cut back quite a bit to make sure it runs on all the platforms. If they removed the PS3 from the equation, it wouldn't magically fix all the problems built in. (The UI is very poorly coded and very much not modular friendly.) But it would allow future tech to be built as well as new additions added to the game and they can always go backwards to bring up older things.

This is why players want the PS3 to go.
    • Like x 4
  18. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Everything all makes sense now. Make this game great again devs!!!!
  19. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Maybe with the PS3 gone Water can be talked about again. Yes I'm hating on the PS3, sue me.
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

Cheer up pup. Things will get better for you if you learn to smile