Is it time to say goodbye to PS3 yet???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Quick, someone get me a Tinfoil hat this thread is about to explode!.
    • Like x 5
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

At this point the ps3 players remind of those people who tried holding on to their VCRs once DVDs came out :D In all seriousness tho the ps3 is 11 years old. Its time to move on.
    • Like x 10
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^^ I still have my VCR. I hug it, and squeeze it, and call it George.
    • Like x 5
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

Here we go again.

Has it even been a month since the last PS3 thread?

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We all hope for it, but ultimately it's falling on deaf ears both on the forums and in daybreak. If I see another good idea get turned away because of the whole "ps3 can't handle it" bullsh*t excuse, it'll be time to riot.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Maybe Nintendo Switch port, although that does not have much userbase or proper online platform yet.
  7. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

yeah, this is not going to happen anytime soon but they should begin maybe phasing it out at some point. Maybe, offering things for the ps4 rather than pS3.
  8. DC Urban Committed Player

True or false

Would dropping the ps3 support speed up style unlocking, water, or the revamp?

Exactly, next topic please..
    • Like x 9
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Strangely appropriate GIF there :D

I suppose Donkey in this is meant to be some kind of metaphor for this type of thread. And everyone seeing this has two types of reactions: Shrek's reaction or Fiona's reaction.

I don't know why but this ticked me xD
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Riots can't be implemented due to the animations necessary to add new weapons such as shanks, barb wire whips, and one handed pistols. The PS3 can't handle it.
    • Like x 10
  11. BumblingB I got better.

That's all put on hold for stats matter, not content development nor additional stuff added to the game. Matter of fact, removing the PS3 support might even make style unlocking and water better. Since they aren't limited to the PS3's memory. And can add new animations or UIs to the game.

Just saying.

Carry on...
    • Like x 3
  12. megamanzero Loyal Player

The game isnt going to be that much better without ps3.
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

^ PS3 Player
    • Like x 2
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

If they were to suddenly cut the PS3, do you have any idea what that would do to queue times?
  15. Korvyne Committed Player

The ps3 support could be dropped tomorrow, we'd still have to rely on the devs improving the game and to a benefit of the remaining player base.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea ill admit the topic never seems to stop. When i said move on i mean from the ps3 and the topic. Its strange to me that in todays world where tech advances at lightning speed that this game clings to an 11 yr old console. I know the game wont magically improve once the ps3 is dropped. But at this point a person can get a ps4 for like $150. That is not a lot of money in todays world. Ya arent getting a decent pc for that kinda money. Most people dont keep a car 11 years. So why is the ps3 being held onto? I know the answer ;)
  17. DC Urban Committed Player

Oh, silly me, I thought stats matter was part of a development process. Sorry, I am just dumb. Dont mind me, carry on....
  18. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

In all seriousness, you do know that there are several "different" teams that work on this game, right? But they do overlap, the people that are working on stats matter also deal with balance of the gameplay and adding new powersets. Such as animations and what not.

You could argue that the UI team is different and they could implement style sharing separately, and you'd be right except for one thing, style unlocking is supposed to be coupled with gear unlocking. Which requires multiple teams to work on.
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Because ppl that still have a ps3 are cheap.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

Kind of "symptomatic" with these PS3 threads is the attitude of "buy a PS4 already it's cheap" statements being made every time the topic is raised from the dead.

The rebuttal to that is always the same as well, "not everyone can afford to move on at this time".

World wide sales
    The PS3 80 million consoles.
    The PS4 50 million consoles.

Kind of obvious why the support will not be dropped any time soon.

I'm betting a large portion of those PS4 owners,,,,,, still have their PS3 and play it online,,,, and,,,,,,, some of those play PC games too ,,,, and,,,, some have every platform available to be played.

For those who demand "let technology advance" I only have 1 thought for ya to deal with ,,,

I still use a flip-fone.

:p
    • Like x 3