Is it just me or is this alert harder than the raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Mar 30, 2019.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Just finished both raids just fine. No wipes, no problems. Tried the alert and it was brutal....weird. Does it feel....off to any of you?
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ummm....nope, the Alert is just fine. Didn't find it difficult at all. What was your group composition???
    • Like x 2
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

no, we had one death, but that's because i made the mistake of thinking the other person who also qued in as a healer could heal........ other than that ours was fine and we had no other deaths.
    • Like x 1
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

1-1-1-1. I was the troll. The dps wasn’t very strong, maybe that was it. The raids were super easy, but this alert... lol. Maybe I’ll try again later.
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My groups have been 2 damagers and a heal & tank...works pretty well.
    • Like x 4
  6. MiniCake Level 30

2 dps a heal and tank have been my set ups.It works pretty good. I can't imagine doing this with 3 dps and 1 heal .God have MERCY on that poor healer.
    • Like x 2
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

3 dps and 1 healer, I don't find it hard :confused: :confused: :confused:
    • Like x 2
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I think alerts often end up more challenging because it's more important that the team are on the ball and know their role. That said I quite like the alert especially the castle part.

My only complaint was that I've always been a fan of the Creature Commandos so I was hoping they'd make an appearance even if indirectly.
    • Like x 2
  9. The_fair_1 Committed Player

3 DPS 1 Heal....As long as the group doesn’t split up too much you can heal it fine and as long as people lunge Etrigan it’s more than easy enough to have 3 DPS
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The alert is a great way to figure out who's new and who has ADD. On a side note, I had to kick a speed hacker from the alert this morning. It's not hard, people just need to pay attention, know what their role is and pick up their comrades in crisis moments.
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No I don't think so. First time through took a tiny bit to figure out what to do and when . did not help that we had three DPS and a Troll. Nothing against trolls but if your going into an alert with 3 DPS the best #4 is a healer. Very few DPS have much in the way of Defense or Health so if your all dead half the time . things drag LOL

Did it with alt 2 the first day and everything went okay. Haven't done it yet today but plan to on ALTS 1,2 and 3. It's like everything thing else once people get the feel for the thing and know what to do and where to stand .. get's MUCH easier
    • Like x 3
  12. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Just ran it on my heal toon and beat it, 3 dps and myself. Was easier, but I feel the alert is tuned harder than the raids, which are easy. Idk, maybe I need to play a few more toons through.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

I saw this and laughed, because I've been that healer in every run I have done.. Etrigan fight is a mess without a tank.. I will be pushing for a 2-1-1 set up from now on
    • Like x 3
  14. MiniCake Level 30

Lol I can only have nightmares .I'm sure there are folks who try to bring that same set up to this alert like tt alert and ss etc .I just don't see it working out without everything jumping on the poor healer like glue on paper. This alert is very different from the others .

In sure your match was as you said, a mess without a tanky lol .
    • Like x 1
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I did the Alert just fine as TCHD and THDD. I did a rockier one where it was HDDD; I noticed it a bit more during the Etrigan fight, but it wasn't anything overwhelming.

I've seen a few obvious player mistakes that made fights more challenging than they needed to be, but those were easily enough corrected. Players who refuse to stand near the turrents and let one of them go totally unchecked. Players who refuse to peel the armors off of Constantine and seem to ignore what's happening because the agro isn't on them. Once a group tried to skip one of the Vampire's support rooms, and that made that final fight a whole lot more messy. But that wasn't the Alert being challenging nearly as much as it was a teammate being challenging.

Compared to, you know, hopping from platform to platform and constantly falling to my death, I'd say the Alert was an absolute breeze.
    • Like x 2
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

yeah....... just ran the raid and 13 of 18 deaths were from falls, the other 5 from the falls completely annihilating my armor and fighting with completely busted gear against mordu/destroyer. i think one person out of 8 got across without any fall deaths.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Alert is definitely harder than the raids. Not that I've had much trouble completing (save for a 3 DPS and 1 troll group) but there have been more pickups and I find myself paying more attention. People (including myself) have been asking for the return of elite raids, looks like we sort of got one?
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I'm sure once people gear up more and learn the alert better, it will become easier. As of right now, I'm more comfortable with a tank.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

It is! Any other alert i'm like 3 + 1 NP!!! But this one, exactly the glue analogy you said lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's ALL about the adds, the DoTs and the inevitable huge Burst.

You just need to play around that. So, basically, "Do The Mechanics".

Only the Leprechaun Magic part (if you're unlucky enough to get that) is irritatingly random - all the rest can be dealt with on an ABC basis.
    • Like x 1