Is it just me, or are League Halls a waste?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anarcho-Captain, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Zerefu New Player

May I refer you to Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Edition?
    • Like x 1
  2. ChuckLess New Player

Welcome to 99% of DCOU.
    • Like x 3
  3. DCUController New Player

I know right lol that game is nothing BUT a grind fest
  4. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

NO WAY.

1. League Halls were part of a GU not a DLC. So these guys did all that work for us to get this benefit for FREE
    2. League Halls do not have limited functionality. Think of the future and all they could accomplish with it, for example they could add an auction house vendor or a crafting seller which would reduce lag for some players in the HoD.
    3. There are decoration fruitcakes out there that just love decorating (not my thing)
    4. It gives players more goals , more things to achieve.

Personally I think they did an awesome job with that one and there's tons more that can and will be done.
    • Like x 1
  5. Feenicks New Player

They did say they have future plans with the control room. And being as they are huge I would imagine much more coming in the future.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1) NO. Nothing is "FREE" in DCUO. We pay for it with our subs. We pay for it whenever we buy Amenities. We pay for it whenever we buy (insert what you wish HERE) from the MP.

Nothing is "FREE" in DCUO.

2) They do NOT want to add Brokers or Crafting Sellers to the LH. They are terrified that the HoD/WT will be empty if the LH has all the Amenities.

Awesome??? Not the word I would use.

They repeated some mistakes that you would have thought they would have learned from. But it seems typical from the Devs. Either they do not seem to learn.... or they are stubborn to the point of repeating the same mistakes over and over.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I would think that there are PS3 players that would very much appreciate the reduction in lag. I'm not trolling here or trying to instigate anything, I'm quite sincere.
  8. Feenicks New Player

F2P folks get this so it is free. If you choose to pay then that's on you.
  9. Tre Day New Player

So, do some of these mistakes involve actually listening to feedback from players? Because some changes did involve the feedback from players. Not trying to start anything, but the 'it's the Devs' fault' excuse is getting a little overused, especially if it's perceived for this long by people, you'd think they would've moved on to another game or something. :p

On topic though, I'm just glad that League Halls exist. It's been wanted and now they are here. Instead of us looking at the glass of water half-full or half-empty, can we appreciate there's water there for once? :p
    • Like x 1
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

Just how accurate is the info from the roster section of League Management? What's the blank spaces mean? I ask because it's a little disconcerting to see everyone above candidate be blank spaces...
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

How does the hall not have limited functionality when my little lair has more amenities that I want to use, especially a decent teleporter?
  12. Ice Lantern New Player

Welcome? LOL, I've been here from the start, I know how it goes. :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Does everyone in your league have those same amenities? Can the dev's make those available? And yes my main has the same thing in his lair, however my alts dont. I think it will be a great advantage to be in a league that would support those amenities in their LH.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Who designed this game?? NOT the players.

Who spreaded all the amenities around the LH?? NOT the players.

Who had the bright idea to put the Crafting Station in the LH but not the R&D Vendor??? NOT the players.

No matter how you cut it.... at the end of the day.... it IS the Devs' fault.

Players can give all the feedback in the world.... but in the end it is the Devs who decide what they put or not into the game.

No idea what genius thought that it was a "brilliant" idea to put Crafting Tables in the LH but NO R&D vendors.... but at the end of the day..... it IS the Devs that decided NOT to included the R&D vendors.

Also for listening to feedback.... in the end the feedback they get from the test server is feedback form the PC players only.

But the PC population is very different then the PS3/4 population.

And sadly... there are times when it is clear the either the players did a piss poor job testing certain aspects of the game.... or the Devs did not listen to what the testers told them.

Again... at the end of the day.... it IS the Devs who decide what we have in the game.

So YES...... it IS their fault.
  15. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I understand your not happy with it, but you did get the LH at no additional cost, and yes I pay monthly as well. I'm not quite sure why your so upset about this, I really loved this addition. I feel they should be thanked, they put a huge effort into this particular GU
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You said they did us a favor in your Green comments...... but.....

Again.... NO.

They don't do us any favors.

We pay for what they give us.

We pay their salaries.

The time they spent to develop the LH that they "gave" us according to you... we PAID for that time.

They do NOT do us any favors.

We pay them for what they do.

We pay them........
    When we pay our Sub
    When we buy stuff in MP.

Heck we even pay them for stuff that was already paid for like the Amenities, the Auras, heck just now the Base items.

When they added the Armories..... we had to pay for each Armory to pay for all the hard work they spend on working on them. Ok..... did not buy that excuse..... but was more then happy to buy the Armories. Heck I bought wayyyyy too many of those.

But then we had to buy the Amenities....... Why???
    The Amenities were not something NEW that the devs had just worked hard on like the Armories.
    The Amenities had been in the game for like a year. They were already made and already paid for. But still we had to pay extra for those.

The same with the auras. They already existed in the game for a long time..... but now they try to charge people for them??

The same with the base items. They take items that already exist. That required NO extrta work.... and they try to charge for those???

Heck $4.50 for 4 divider??? That is...... robbery is the only word that comes to mind.

If at least it was some new cool items like a BatComputeur.... or a Huge Superman Statue..... or a Green Lantern power battery.

But no... all it is is items that already exist in the game that require no extra work from the devs..... but that they hope that people will buy???

That is crazy.

So again..... NO... nothing is "FREE".... we pay for it one way or another.
  17. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Lol ok we agree on something there, yes I did pay for the Teleporter and the Armories. The rest of the amenities though. The domo the mailbox the rnd vendor those I got through the collections.

Are ya in a mean mood today? lol ya seem kinda grumpy. (no offense meant to Grumpy)
  18. Tre Day New Player

I do agree with you on SOME aspects of your post, although, if I was this, um, 'excited' about it, I would've packed my bags a long time ago.

(shrugs)
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• League halls were meant to encourage leagues to play together, foster their internal competition, and give them a place decorate together. For the people who would just hang out in the HQ (I park myself at an R&D station), it gave them a place to hang out together and see one another frequently.
    • It gave you something to do with gear you can't salvage trade or sell, but which had a lot of grinding that went into it.
    • It came with the new functionality of a league roster, that allowed you to see where everyone is, and where they are in gear/skill progression.
    • At the same time it offered the perks of a shared bank, shared proficiencies,
    For the many-toon many-league lone wolves, it would possibly attract them to a more social environ. It doesn't always work.

I think this update was worth it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I am an OLD fart...... I am ALWAYS grumpy. ;)

But seriously.... I am happy to pay and support the game.

I bought most of the Legends.
    Lots of Armories.
    Heck even bought the Amenities even if some of my Mains already had collected them. So I can have a base with 2 training dummies. ;)

But when they charge us extra for things that were already in the game like Amenities, Auras, Base Items, things that already were IN the game and that required no extra work on their part..... I can't help but feel like they are starting to push their luck. That they are exagerating a bit.

They seem to start to think that we will buy any junk they put up for sale.... and they are starting to try to milk us for money for things that should already be paid for.

And I don't like the notion that some players think that the Devs are "giving" us things.

So I do mention that we do pay for DCUO when people mentiont some "free" stuff we get from DCUO sometimes. ;)