Is it just me, or are League Halls a waste?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Anarcho-Captain, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Anarcho-Captain New Player

I think I'm just going to cancel my subscription entirely & abandon ship.

It's been 12 days since I posted this thread & I haven't played the game until tonight. I noticed last night that there was a new DLC. So I thought I'd check it out.

First, let me say: my main toon is currently CR102 (troll). I went through ALL of the new content except the last one (Artifacts). Reason being, I kept getting kicked. Over & over. Sometimes after 1 try. Other times it was immediately. Also people would make fun of you for not being CR106 at least. ..... Yeah, I've friggin had it with this game. It's just getting worse & worse. DCUO is BREEDING spoiled brats. Impatient "you-know-whats." I'm not feeling like this is something I want to partake in.

I ran through ALL the other new content at CR102 like it only required CR85. So when I got to Artifacts & met the SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE as EVERY TIME THEY ADD NEW CONTENT. I just threw my hands up & went "why continue? Really? Is it worth it? I can't play the game. They won't let me. They don't trust my skill over my gear." How is it I kept everyone fully powered being CR102 on all the other new content, but when I get to Artifacts, people cry & whine if there's ANYONE in the match who's not CR106.

THEN after that, I saw people LFGing for the Intergang one demanding CR106+..... REALLY? I just ran it & it went off w/out a hitch. Did it in one shot. No problems. I'm CR102!!! I hate the community in this game. For each good person in the game, it appears there's about 100 spoiled ill-mannered brats.

To make matters worse, I just found out yesterday that all future games for the PS4 will require a PS+ membership if you want to play online. So..... after tonight... it's like a nail in the coffin. I think I'll sacrifice DCUO forever so that I can pay for PS+ & play any and all upcoming games online instead.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. AzraelR Committed Player

Sorry, I'm laughing here about what you posted.
    I playing in villains faction in the game since DLC came out and never saw anyone ask for high CR to make such an instance. To be honest, villains don't care about CR.

Glad I left the faction of heroes... the villains community is very TOP.
    • Like x 3
  3. Anarcho-Captain New Player

Well.... perhaps I should try my 2 villain toons & see how it goes?
  4. Anarcho-Captain New Player

ISN'T THAT RIDICULOUS THOUGH??

CR106+ for the new Intergang one? That one MIGHT be hard if you literally JUST became CR100. MAYBE.
    • Like x 1
  5. Humane Committed Player

I've personally been taking an extended break from the game due to work. I've logged in and tried the new content and it seems fairly easy, and it seems rather than skill, all you need is an iron finger and an indestructible mouse since the bosses all have ridiculous amounts of health.
  6. WonderValkyrie New Player

wish i could switch over, alot of the heros at the top level are total knobheads
    • Like x 2
  7. xColdFront Committed Player

So why are you even on these forums? It sounds like from your post you hate everything that is a MMO. Why are you even playing the game?
  8. xColdFront Committed Player

All bosses die in 5 or less minutes if its taking your group longer then that then youre playing with bad DPS's sorry to say.
  9. stl4now Well-Known Player

Take a break, it will be good for you. A break can do wonders, besides by the time you come back there might be some cool stuff you might enjoy. They just announced the 2nd part of the trilogies. Plus......DOOMSDAY!
  10. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

You're not alone. Your post describes similar feelings to my own. It's a shame that the variety that comes between levels 1-30 is abandoned for a very small number of repeatable missions which are outgrown very fast, but end up being repeated many times due to a lack of alternative content. DCUO would be fantastic if the devs managed to crack open the game, get at the guts and implement a scaling system for players to adjust the difficulty of ALL content, so that tiers wouldn't need to be abandoned as players progress through the game. The variety would be a breath of fresh air.

I can't comment on league halls, as my league has only recently cracked 20K prestige. I had to get over the reality that league halls were not in my near future shortly after they were released.
  11. Archangel Rafael New Player

1. Diagnosis (armchair) : short attention span.
    2. Solution : switch activities more often. play a different game or go outside. diversify hobbies.
    That's nuts. Every league I know of with 10 players in it is at minimum 1/2 way to League Hall by now. Most of the 10+ player leagues I know of had a Hall last week already.

This idea that leagues with 8-16 human players cant get a Hall is all lies. It's just pure "sky is falling" fairytale
    malarky.

My 13 yo son's league which consists of (2) 13 y.o. boys (I play with them a bit. very little) is about 20% of the way to a Hall. Two 13 yo kids can do it. They will have a Hall well before Thanksgiving.

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Villain Smasher New Player

No need to concern yourself your with that.
  13. GaeasRevenge New Player

League hall are useless.
    Its just a mark sink with a extra base and a extra bank.
    You can see what time your teammates signed in,their stats and what they been contributing.
    Also Stat bonuses that should have went to our Mod generators.
    If you call that game breaking and innovating....
  14. GaeasRevenge New Player

Dont you love when people dictate what things are for?
    lmao..
  15. Dezaras Loyal Player

You know something's wrong when the "villains" are nicer folk than the "heroes"...
    • Like x 1
  16. Zeikial Committed Player

there is absolutely nothing at all to do in a league hall, you go in there off load unwanted trash, then leave. Unless of course you like starring at statues of yourself then yea you have something to do. So are they a waste, not completely, but yea I can do more in my base they I can in my league hall.
  17. DC-Doll New Player

No offense, but if you think the community in this game is bad, you're in for a shocker when it comes to GTA V online. Especially when the kids are out of school.
    • Like x 1
  18. DC-Doll New Player

The thing is, league halls are NICE. They are a place people can go to hang out, there's a bank where leaguemates can share things, stat bonuses to the league, and the location of 2 new raids and 1 new alert. They're like personal bases but on a larger scale. They're pretty sweet, but do you need one? No. And that's the point. You can play the game without one and be and be just as efficient as somebody with one. I don't think it was meant to be a necessity but a nice privilege. Get one when you get one, but don't drive yourself crazy over it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

-They are useless to you or you don't have one. In either way you are generalizing, which is sadly seen way too often in numerous parts of our lives.

- LHs aren't a mark sink. There is no need to spend Marks to gain prestige. And prestige itself can't be 'another' mark sink because a LH is the only way to spend prestige. If you don't want to epend some, don't.

- League Management is not tied to having a league hall.

- You already have stat boosters for your generator. Proficiencies are for every league member and not just for yourself. On top of that you don't really need them. So stick to your 6.3 generator mods or run content for them.

I would like to say that it is interesting that it is always the same type of ppl agreeing to or opening those discussions, but it is not interesting at all anymore. There were too many of those threads already.
    • Like x 2
  20. GaeasRevenge New Player

I was just stating what league halls do which is nothing different than home turf dlc.

Theres nothing general about comparing Home Turf and League Halls DLC.

What's sad is how easily you fanboys get wool pulled over your eyes and minds.
    Whats interesting is how easily fooled most of you are.