Is it better to not block?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by PenguinWA, Aug 14, 2017.

1. PenguinWA Level 30

Mainly talking about fire, rage and atomic. Im earth right now and the tanking is very good but getting bored with the power since the revamp( also everyone is going earth now.....).

with the bonuses that fire gets to not blocking the extra defense and healing in is it better than the 110% defense you can get from blocking?

Same with rage is the extra health better than the 110% defense?

With atomic i would assume the 100% defense while not blocking and the 25% absorption would be better. right?

any input on these tank powers would be great.
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Yes. Basically, tank powers other than Atomic have been reworked to follow Atomic's concept and be more of an active tank.

Its not like you totally don't block. You still block for counters and incoming big damage which you cannot dodge. But outside of that, rock your weapon combos or power combos.

No more turtling.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  3. Cadens Dedicated Player

I love this right now as Rage. Tanking is absolutely great!
    • Like x 1
  4. PenguinWA Level 30

cool so all content can be done with out turtle tanking. in your opinion what is the most fun and best tank?
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I will just go with aesthetics and say Rage.
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Yes, all content can be done with active tanking. You can choose any. All are good in their own way.
  7. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

Ive went through all the tanks when they were on test and ive been cycling through them on live. I can say without a doubt that earth is the best tank for suvivability(as seen in my signature health never dips below 80%). I would say the one ive had the most fun with is atomic due to its epic ability to keep ads grouped up and i dont have to worry about those obnoxious sand bags inside of jfa getting in the way.
    • Like x 1
  8. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I've found a LO for rage as well, and I rarely even go to 80% myself. Love the new new ways I can tank now
    • Like x 1
  9. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

would love to see a video ive been working through all the tanks since they hit live i messed with them all before when they were still on test but the last of the improvements came through very late ive messed with them all on live and i take them into jfa elite and tank all the bosses just like in my earth video. rage is the one ive done the least amount of testing with since being on live although my buddy was telling me about a guy who solod grundy not just solo tanked it but straight up solod grundy in US(reg) with rage so i look forward to running more test im fully open to loadouts and feedback tho
    • Like x 1
  10. kraptastic Well-Known Player

No. It is better to counter and only block as a counter.
    • Like x 1
  11. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

I kind of missed Tanking. Trolling in the back always hiding is getting boring. Although I love Rage, Munition, and Psychic, the fact I can go down with a few hits because im not Tank is starting to really annoy me.

I like Atomic but Im not so trilled about Earth power. What power should I be Atomic or Earth? I like my abilitiy to heal move on Tank, since Rage didnt exactly have heal power it's already on my crap list
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

If love to show a video but that might take a bit time, I'm in NYC for work, and my pc at home, where I am I don't have access to recording besides the ps4, if I figure how to to upload it somehow. Anyways, yes it is possible, rage is just, so darn tricky lol. But if you find the right LO, have the right amount of so, rage can really impress you.
  13. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

i was messing around my last time on rage with
    severe punishment, rage bringer, redirect rage, hardlight shield, evicerating chain, ire

but like i said its been the tank power ive tested the least since it went live
  14. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

To be honest I want to try earth again, I started as ice tank from day 1 switch to earth day 1 and loved it, till it started lacking and went through all the jokes and hate how earth weak lol, then rage came out loved that right off the bat. But still want to try earth again, missed that power. It sucks for me because I can only maintain one toon, so I pick a power I enjoy and like no matter the flaws and stook to rage. Anyways I'm rambling here, I'll def have to switch to earth for few weeks to try and tank with earth.
  15. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

earth- atm imo has the best survivability at the sacrifice of my group immunity
    ice- is still ice. granted it feels like hardlight shield is your strongest shield still
    fire- i sacrificed my group immunity for hardlight shield to increase survivability
    atomic- same as thing i did for fire
    rage- i was able to put everything i needed in my loadout felt nice

shields are so strong right now and none of the current end game content except US(elite) last boss really calls for a group immunity i think all the tanks seem to be in a fairly decent spot but earth to me shines as a really solid tank
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Cant say that I like how other tank mechanics were "tuned down" in favor of shields. Rage and Atomic were never about shields but now you would be insane not running at least 1.

BTW guys, Amazonian Deflection really shines as long as you dont get pushed out of the blocking stance by something.
    • Like x 1
  17. Deathmike Devoted Player

Video of the fight in question:

Did Ghost as well but failed to record it. I used the same loadout for Ghost except for swapping HL shield for Outrage.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 1
  18. krytine Loyal Player

No offense rage does have self healing.
    • Like x 1
  19. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

i tried amazonian deflection.
    positives
    -good shield
    -reflects damage

negatives
    - stationary(bad for kite tanking)
    - interruptable

for me i just cant make the room for it in any my tank loadouts with the exception of ice i can replace one of my pulls with it so i have to lose resonating gale(pull,cc) or inescapable storm and even then i like to move around alot when tanking.

overall not a bad move though but for certain content only
  20. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

Without the special move and hitting to get health back