Is it a feeling or is the community uninterested in the game or the latest DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, May 1, 2022.

1. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well at times dcuo can feel like less of MMO with its limited number of recent questing.
    I wish there was more questing ( example in , the hands of fate episode it drop missives in inventory. The players open them it gives a a side quest: defeating extra side bosses in the older onduty alerts duos . Defeating some # if enemies adds in older content. )
    • Like x 1
  2. Bubbla Active Player

So. The community asked for a lot of things from the raids and honestly think the devs delivered a solid raid.

Easy is relative.

If you are tanking with people that are “solid” and they are still getting folded it is one of a few things: they aren’t as good as you think, the healers are not built right or supporting the tank properly, the tank is a power that is going to struggle on first boss, the troll or dps are selling. There are vids of tanks soloing it right now and I know tanks with more than a 100 less sp doing it than some of these OP tanks, but power matters and good group builds do.

The mechs put stress on teams that swap a lot, but the best still can. If you are out of your inventory and getting wiped repeatedly it isn’t a raid issue it’s a group issue.

Most groups running multiple of each role except troll for all the bosses, the community wanted more focus on other roles the devs delivered.
    • Like x 4
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I agree, I feel they delivered a very solid raid that provided a good challenge without any gimmicks like that stupid card game in the Metal raid. I still don’t understand how one is suppose to play/beat it even now after all this time lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No one ever taught you you mean? They go in order of strength. It’s been awhile but I’ll try to explain real quick.

Batman Who Laughs -> Superman -> Wonder Woman -> Batman -> Hawkgirl -> Nightwing -> Robin are the order of strength.

So you’ve got 3 columns. The cards all have arrows on them. But there will be an area that doesn’t have an arrow. That’s where you can “attack” them with the weaker cards. Or you can use a stronger card to beat a weaker one no matter where the arrows are pointing.

So say you have one column with Superman (arrow goes up) at the bottom and Wonder Woman (arrow points down) at the top and an empty middle spot. You’d put hawk girl there and lose even tho she has arrows both ways because she’s weaker than both. But swap Superman and Wonder Woman and then hawk girl would win and you’d clear those 2 cards.

Since it 3 rows and 3 columns and you only get 3 cards, you’ll usually end up using a combination of nightwing to clear 2 (he does up and right) by placing him in a corner and then using Batman (he goes to the right) and either Superman to take out BWL or whatever.
    • Like x 1
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This has been the most fun raid to heal in a longgggg time. Lots of players are assuming it’s all about the tanks but it is very much about the healers capability for the beginning fights. Tanks are needing help on occasion and unfortunately not many group mates are willing to sacrifice 2secs of burn to help out there. A well coordinated group makes it a very easy raid but only if that coordinated group has a very strong healer(s). I haven’t loved having orb of arion in my inventory more than the last 2 weeks. Tanks are getting ripped up so that thing has made it a lot easier to keep them upright but then reliance on a great troll comes into play which is also awesome. Even tho we’ve done it with buff trolls, a power troll isn’t a terrible choice this time around.

I’ve even heard of groups going 3 tanks and 1 heal to get thru the 1st fight till proma is out. Not a bad tactic imo. Especially if the healer or healers aren’t up to snuff. I’ve given up tanking for anything other than pure friends groups or players that main tanks and are on their alts. Most players do not understand tanking in general but they sure aren’t getting what’s happing in the 1st few mins of the opening fight and how a little help can go a very long way to a smooth run. I’m a sweaty dps but even I will gladly help with a lunge or whatever a tank needs to be able to get thru it.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lmaoooooo I can feel that in my soul. So many groups failed right there and never even got hit by an enemy. I still know quite a few players that never learnt how it worked so I just always had to do it for them. They didn’t even want to learn.
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

It's one of those puzzles, or riddles that once you see it, it becomes obvious, but until you understand it, it's gobbledygook.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Omg, that’s how I play cards too! :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Wow, that is still soooo confusing to me. I would have to have this written down if I ever go back to that raid again, which is highly unlikely lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Meant to reply to this awhile ago. I’ve put up a walkthrough in some other posts but I’ll reiterate about the 1st fight here in case y’all still stuck on it. It’s literally all about teamwork and burn doesn’t really matter so tell the sweatys to calm down and focus on mechanics till 2 bosses are out.

Walk into the room. One tank goes left, that ones tanking 3 bosses. They’re going to have a kiting workout. Send one healer off to the the left corner. No need for EoG over there, the strongest heal build possible is what they’ll want. Their job is simple: keep that 1 tank up at all costs and survive themselves. They can help with the lunge on kerbac if they’re bored and capable but it isn’t necessary. But that tank can not be lunging since they need to be running for their lives. This tank also needs to grab adds when they spawn. They only respawn if you kill them so try not to. Hopefully they spawn on that side and also hopefully they’re just foot soldiers. If they’re skullcrushers then the group needs to kill them asap and get new adds to spawn. Fire does seem best choice for that side tho I’ve done it with rage and have seen it done with earth. Myself and others have failed with ice. Shields are just gone so quick but I’ll be taking another shot at it soon and see if I can do it. Probably not, I’m a terrible tank. Main a healer but done with renown so doing it for fun.

Other tank goes right. They lock proma. The other tank pulls 1st. St tank throws lasso and then gets that 1st lunge. If she’s walking and has a skull, that’s the tank killer attack. Pull her back to the right corner. Leave enough room to move around tho they can all be face tanked. If she’s stationary, the only tell to the tank killer attack is a lot harder to see but she squats a little lower than her similar looking attack. The tank will be hard stunned. They can break out and get the lunge themselves but it is a very tight window and this is where communication is key. If the troll or 1 dps lunges her, it’s a cake fight for the tank. That’s it. Lunge that one attack. But you can’t over lunge or she gets the blues which is why we’ve made it one persons job. Some players will talk trash if you don’t do it yourself but they’re probably brainless dps’s that don’t understand that timing varies and you may have had to use your breakout on something else. I’d also suggest that no one runs Tesla ball. It doesn’t always give her blues but it can. You can also breakout and roll away/ use a super movement and get away. But it is very fast so reacting can be tough.

The group should be close enough to the tank to not get hit by adds right when they spawn. Once the tank has her agro, the group should shift to be on proma so they aren’t hit by her eye beam. It spawns right where everyone seems to want to stand. Pull constantly. Like so often. The bosses drop aggro in what seems like 10secs.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Dang... those cosplay costumes are awesome. Great work. :)
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Super late edit to my last comment. Last line “players should shift to proma”. Do not go into proma haha. Move to be as close as possible to perpetua. That side of the area is much safer for them. There will still be mechanics but won’t have to worry about the eye beam popping up randomly. It doesn’t sweep that close to her.
  14. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

That sig takes up my whole ipad when scrolling…..and I don’t mind one bit.
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I’m sick of the raid, I swear it changes every week. It gives me ptsd of unholy matrimony last boss. There’s also that bbs raid of lasers and pod busts and whatnot. Hh was better as even tho we had 3 bosses going nuts, it was well scripted for health levels and a poor man-granny walking in circles. Dwf was crazy but doable, but a *********** in a much smaller room. League hall raid was well done too. But not this new raid, ugh. Feels more like that survival mode to which anything that happens kills you.
  16. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Just had another 3 hour run in the raid and we finally got proma down at about 2 and a half hours but then still failed first boss this is frustrating cause i'v never been stuck like this. There is so much going on in this fight. Source eruptions, purple aoe ,adds that 1 shot anyone not aware. bosses Hitting for 200k a hit debuff holden circle. Every day I see player shouting for hours for trolls and tanks and wonder why they can't get any. I am at 655 sp and 200 arts. my 3 boss tank friend has 731sp and 200 arts and first boss is killing my group cause simple stray attacks to anyone other the a tank kills them most of the time. This is like higher end sm then basic elite. It frustrating cause I beat both the elite alert and 2 player daily but first boss of elite has 1 shot after 1 shot mixed with control effects that just destroy groups. I really don't like this raid. For all you guys saying its easy tell me another raid that has half of the mechanics that this has that all 1 shot? You won't be able 2
  17. zNot Loyal Player

I agree i think the feedback overall for this raid has been way above average so people definetly seem to like that roll focused elite raid design and ill hope they will continue.
  18. zNot Loyal Player

If you cant tank and need to cry thats on you,its litteraly elite not regular, people want and need a challenge. There are Tanks solo tanking that bossfight you were just complaining about so Yea you done previous elite raids.. because you didnt have to pull ur weight as tank, no offense but i cant stand the crying of some tanks who want to get carried by the group on 5 DPS elite raids with low tank difficulty elite raids,time to show some skill urself And im glad the devs have started focusing on tank/healer difficulty rather then the „moar dps“ boring elite raids.
    • Like x 1
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You’re probably right that we can’t name another raid that has this much overlap. The community wanted harder content tho and the devs delivered. I feel like you’re focusing too much on what the tanks are doing/ need to be doing and imo, that’s a mistake. Yes, it is rough on tanks but all they need to do is survive. One runs around like a chicken with its head cut off and the other face tanks and rolls out of ground mechanics on occasion. This raid is really about the healers. They need to be on point. Again, have one standing by themselves near the AoE tank. If they have orb of arion, equip it. Have some hots and just spam and shield that one tank. Only look at that tanks health bar. If possible, that tank should be fire. Rage and earth also can do it well. Ice and atomic are pretty much ST tank only tho I have seen one ice tank do the 3 when another tank dropped after proma. That healer that’s with the AoE tank can also get kerbaks lunge till proma is gone.

The other heal and the rest of the group should be rotating to be under promas chest once the st tank has the boss into the corner. They don’t need to bury themselves, make sure they have enough room to get out of cracks and stuff. Lasso is best choice here. The troll should be getting the 1 tank killer lunge just to be safe. The tank can take over if they feel confident but really, it’s just easiest to let the troll do it. The troll also needs to be ready to stun the adds if they come out on the groups side. Give the AoE tank time to get over there since they’ll probably be far away and getting stunned repeatedly. And hope rngeezus is giving you just foot soldiers. A skull rusher is a bad thing to see. No real advice there aside from the burn needs to focus on him till you get all foot soldiers. It’s rare to see a skull crusher thankfully tho I assume there will be a few in critical.

That’s really it. I’ve had 30min runs and I’ve had 2hr ones. It’s all about players staying upright. Don’t lose anyone and it’s easy. OP heals are really the answer. We’ve had 370cr/ low sp/ 160arti tanks and beaten it. Both healers are probably coming out of a smooth run at 75mil heals a piece depending on what type of tanks. They NEED page of destiny. Dings all day. They need to spam. Orb of arion isn’t required but I can promise it helps a ton of healing high health pool tanks. Fire tanks are close to 700k health. A 100k crit is nothing when they’re near empty. Team work for the lunges takes so much stress off the tanks. If you’re on USPSPC, let me know and we can bring you in so you can explain to your crew. I promise you, once you “have it” you’ll be bringing in low level alts to get their renown filled a week later. And it gets so much easier by the 3rd boss.
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I know i can be a harsh critic at times but the fact remains I want nothing but the best for and from this game.

I'm just really disappointed.

Without even bringing content into the mix ever since this dlc dropped I have been disconnecting like crazy. From the moment I log on I get these "lan cable not connected" messages and the game freezes up for me from a few seconds to about ten. A few years back this began happening to me and it was the result of my outside cable getting weather stripped. Had the cable guy come fix it and things straightened out. This time there is no issue. I've had everything checked out. No other devices suffer from these brief dc's. Its just this game. It happens in instances, in open world areas, in my lairs and halls.

While I haven't had any serious issues clearing content I've run this "overlap" of mechanics is indeed poorly implemented. Combined with the lag issues I just stated along with "regular lag" nothing makes sense on the screen. The challenge in surviving has nothing to do with experience or being well geared but rather a toss of luck that when two or three different effects hit me I'm not frozen so i can do something about it. Toss is the the issues you have to deal with being a mental player (double casts, leg from invisibility) and the apparent return of targeting everything except that which you are right in front of I'm almost glad I'm back to working insane hours.

The alert is a slog. Its like WM all over again except theres no little ping to remind you not to fall asleep.