Is Grodd still coming?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Fearlantern77, May 9, 2016.

1. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

He was announced in 2014. Why hasn't he appeared yet or any mention of legend characters?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The devs have been disturbingly silent on the subject of any new Legends.

None were mentioned in the 2016 Roadmap Video, and they have refused to respond to multiple threads asking the same thing.

I've begun to think that we're never getting any more despite the Exobytes that are already in the files (Ra's al Ghul & Poison Ivy).
    • Like x 6
  3. Fearlantern77 Well-Known Player

Yea that's really disappointing, legend pvp is a fun aspect of the game and their just gonna stop without any explanation reason what so ever.
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Well if they directly said they don't give PvP much attention because there's little to no profit (compared to PvE), that wouldn't get a good response, even though it's obvious.

They have to pump out PvE content every month. So PvP is on the side for months at a time. Sad, but true.
  5. Rekn Well-Known Player

Maybe they are not saying anything because they are getting ready to release a lot more Legends content, characters, feats, and maps.

I think legends is a great place or way to help people learn the Alerts, would be nice if they would bump it up to having 8 man LPVE so they could help the entire populace learn the mechanics of alerts/raids via Legends toons. We have 8 man Lpvp so it would be nice to see this.
  6. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

What mechanics? o_O

Legends PvE may give a new player an idea of what an alert looks like, but it's way too limited to teach how to effectively PvE. Sure some legends fit into the "Non DPS roles" category, but it's not enough, nor should it be. Legends were always meant for PvP, not the other way around.
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Well if no one else is gonna do it I guess I will, because it was bound to happen:

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  8. Rekn Well-Known Player

Umm whats PVP? Does PVP exist in this game?
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Fully understanding your sarcasm, it's still odd you're asking that in the PvP forum. Just because it's pushed to the side doesn't mean it's non-existent.
    • Like x 3
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm going to assume he's been canceled :(
    • Like x 2
  11. Chicken Well-Known Player

Reskins for the win lol
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would be glad for a zoom/reverse flash skin wich happens to count for the villain feats... looking at shazam/black adam or those way to many batman skins for example ^^
  13. MrWon Committed Player

I wonder what Movement Style will he get
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Shoved in the trash typically.

Disappointing.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I guess a simple Yes or No response is too difficult for this question.
    I would assume no; but a no response is better because they can make you think it's a yes.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sad but it's probably true.

PvP doesn't make them money, which they could remedy without making it a milking factory of replay badges or something else.
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Well, my response was a bit different. I was gonna say no, he's just breathing hard. :eek:;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Grodd is dead. He was buried by PvE.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cisco Sama Well-Known Player

Probably not pve is the priority
  20. Rekn Well-Known Player

They have a Battle of the Legends (PvE) forum?

Room Mechanics and the alert mechanics is what I was referring to. How many people learn how to handle Paradox Wave, Nexus, Trigon's Prison, and so on.

Example the beginning room of League of Assassins is pretty simple due to the room mechanics being after the fight but you would probably not believe how many times I ran that where people had no clue and would die to the blades in the regular alert not the lpve version. I know it was just a t3 alert but with legends pve it is a good training tool for people to get a grasp of what they have to do if there are more things to do than just BURN BURN BURN.

I see so many posts about people complaining about lack of instructions or training and when it comes to Alerts and Raid training Legends PVE would be a superb spot to help people learn the Alerts/Raids ( if they were to implement it ).

You misunderstood if you thought I was talking about your characters Power/Weapon mechanics....seeing that this was a legends discussion my apology for the fallacy.

To be clear I just think Legends could be a great tool in aiding the population understanding of how certain alerts/raids function.

I do agree the intent for Legends was always for PVP, and I have enjoyed it so much that I have cleared out all of my legends pvp feats years ago. To me legends was always the best scenario to get equivalent pvp matches( no gear to create separation basically only skill ).