is dc getting boring?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Jun 12, 2017.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

It's time to produce that wow factor the game has been missing not this content with mechanics we can predict are going to be in it using rewashed buildings we've already seen.

Time for a Star City , Liberty City to go with central city more open world content with more stuff to do more missions more location more hangouts more fun more wow factor that is and has been missing over the years it's not just PVP that is causing the game to die down it's what so many feel is missing.

MMO's are not always about progression but more about grind missions to keep you busy feeling like there is no end in sight but feeling you are earning a level of progression as you complete each mission it's getting old and repetitive to play content for 3 months to complete the gear and 1 week later a new suit is here bring out content that challenges that gear to show us why we waited 3 months not content with gear.

Where is the real Aquaman , Bane ,Cyclone , Supergirl , Stargirl , Ragman , Blue Beetle , Larfleeze, Harleyquinn , knockout , Deadshot, Superboy Prime. RAIDS ALERTS DUOS SOLOS not gear everything is inspired by GEAR we don't want more inspired by we want these characters and more in raid content and events.

Again open world events more interaction with players and player combat putting players outside rather than keeping everyone inside daily missions that have be completed that are priority over others with greater rewards.

PVP can be as broken as most say it is but if content was produced for it no matter what they will play it most choose not to do it once they completed all the reward that comes from it.

it's sad this new content is just boring to me the outside missions are blah they take 3 mins max per each one to complete for a mark and you are done. the raids LoL are stupid easy this isn't how dc was 5 years ago if it broke your back to beat a raid oh well get better with experience comes success eventually you will beat it. I remember players getting stuck in FOS2 for 8 hrs and today if a player gets stuck in any new content for 5 mins they bounce this is the issue with the game it's become very snowflakey.

As posted here they are wanting to put out some more content for September using these characters
    Bane ,Cyclone , Supergirl , Stargirl , Ragman , Blue Beetle , Larfleeze, Harleyquinn , knockout , Deadshot, Superboy Prime what kind of content do you want to see if not released in September next would be Decemberbesides recycling the other event raids during this event cycle so we can go back and finish some of the things we missed out on as well as allowing player to skip to level 100 again.

Post your ideas, keep it clean fun and no arguing and on topic.
    • Like x 3
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

I guess it could be boring by now when people RB the heck out of new content and have reached CR 201 in less than 2 weeks.

To which I have to say,

welcome to your self imposed boredom.

The rest of us will enjoy the content for another 2-4 months.
    • Like x 5
  3. MastaMind Dedicated Player

So far I am still having a great deal of fun with the game but I have only been playing for around 80 days. And then we have the fact that on 4 days out of the week I will be struggling to find playtime. So it may take me awhile to catch up, but I definitely do have concerns about the future.
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

Im personally not bored I'm at 296 sp soon to be 297 sp.. grinding hard to join that 300 club at the moment so I got a goal to reach.

I'm ready for the revamp though that's for sure
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Need a revamp to gotham and metro, more for us to do as heroes and villains, mainly the heroic/villainous acts need a make over. Let us either stop or commit crimes, cause one of my biggest complaints with this game is the lack of feeling like a super hero or super villain.

Just give us some fun open world missions we can do in our spare time, and build on it from there.

Many MMOs or single player games have side quests to distract you from the main quest, that's something dcuo lacks once you hit level 30.
    • Like x 9
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Even tho some cool styles nstuff has been released lately into the game i feel the wow factor has been missing for awhile now. We need that piece of content thats just epic. That everyone can attack and attempt. And has a feat thats very difficult to do. It will make the content have real longevity. EO was perfect example of this. Imo that was an epic raid. Choose your difficulty and beat it how u want. But of course most on these forums hate that kinda of content. Hmm wonder why ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

Yep this is a big reason people get bored.. they rush to the highest cr for whatever reason. I replayed myself too but because I actually had a good chunk of loyalty points Just sitting there. I don't plan on actually buying any to move any further in my progress I'll just let it
    Come naturally.
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Agreed on the side quest thing. We for sure need more of those. I wanna see joker as a boss in end game too.
  9. Here2Help Devoted Player

I just wish we had more things to do daily. People talk about how there's no need to spend Replay Badges. Without spending Replay Badges, I run through my stuff in around 20 minutes and then have nothing else to do. It takes 20-30 minutes to do the two alerts and the open world dailies. It's pathetic to be honest.
    • Like x 3
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Weird, it takes me just over an hour xD Are you including time spent getting a group and organising your gear drops and loot boxes in that time?
    • Like x 1
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

DCUO its been like Valium to me lately. I log in try to queue or do some dailies done and I fall asleep within 5 minutes.
    I agree the game needs a relaunch:
    New iconic powers
    New powers or habilities for existing powers, we could get new super powerful habilities.
    More habilities on the power tray, so we can always have a SC as an extra besides our 6 habilities.
    New mechanics
    New locations with unique feelings and gameplay (Underwater zone, Space where you have to play flying)
    New ways of customization.

Sadly they are too focused in other stuff that will produce a burn out. Cant relay on RB and TC forever, its time to step the game up with those resources/income devs get from the playerbase.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

Then it's 30 minutes. Groups take seconds as I just invite league. Drops are instant salvage as I have everything. It's just not enough daily content.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed that for you. Your game time is over quick, meanwhile i'm lucky if I can get 4 toons done with all daily content (since they restored the dailies). If you're only playing a few toons and have an active league, yeah...you'll be done quickly. The rest of us aren't in that same position.
    • Like x 2
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Content can be made with alts in mind, but they shouldn't be the focus. A lack of content isn't justified by the reasoning of people having alts. The fact of it is that the daily content is limited. There isn't enough there.
    • Like x 2
  15. krytine Loyal Player

I have said this many times before. We need to have things back more to how it used to be. In a tier you would have an instance at a lower cr like 52 th3n another at 58 if we had this again it would slow some of the replay kings down by a couple of days but for the rest of us we would have a goal working towards it.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah but then weeklies happen too. Especially USn which is nigh unpuggable. Add that to all the dailies that's already a pretty jampacked Thursday.
    • Like x 1
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

Eh, I'm pugging both JFAn and USn around 10-15 minutes each with at least a couple of league members. 15-20 minutes with 7 other bad pugs. Don't even want to know how fast I could do them with a full league run. Been getting pugs through it no problem. At least the DDs. If there are awful pug support (I'm Tank so you can rule that out) then yeah, maybe a wipe here or there and a little bit longer. Still, you have a week to do them. It's still not enough content. Without Replay Badges and plenty of alts, the amount of meaningful content is severely lacking. Yes, I know everyone's situation is different, but from my point of view, there isn't enough "free" (so without needing to reset) content to last daily and weekly.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Honestly idk how it can be said there isnt enough to do when people replay spam. And i dont say that to be rude. I say it because it doesnt make sense to me. I have plenty to do atm. But yea im running multiple toons. If i ran one then yea id maybe say there isnt enough. But idk when people are gonna start to figure out that there will never be true longevity with replay badges in the game. Longevity and replays are a contradiction to each other. No matter how much content they put into an episode there will be people who spam replay and finish everything w/in a week. I will never understand why.

Ive said it before, the way i see it is its spending more money to finish everything and then ya have no reason to log on. They arent gonna remove replays and im not gonna tell others how to spend their money. I just dont understand it and dont think i ever will. Even if they were to make some really epic content it would still happen. And if they put way too much content in the current episode the people who play alts would most likely have to drop those toons or play them rarely. And idk about others but i know a ton of people who play alts.
    • Like x 2
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

Without Replay Badges, you arguably have 20-30 minutes of daily content. With Replay Badges, you can extend that to any amount depending on how much time you have and how much you want to spend. The point is that there isn't enough daily content attached to the DLC someone can play without needing Replay Badges or using other characters. It's a problem. Yes, adding more content doesn't prevent people from spending Replay Badges, but it does allow someone to play and earn from more content without needing Replay Badges.
    • Like x 2
  20. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

I ran with a toon that was 198 cr the first day after release. That's ridiculous.