Fixed Ionized gas not dropping in daily 31 mission boxes!

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 1, 2020.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Long story short I ran 19 Characters today to get my last to ionized gas . I have been trying since Saturday night and alot of my alts had 8 to 18 of these boxes to open. I opened 142 daily boxes and not a 1. This has to be a glitch cause I was able to get the metal 1 solo collections doing this. And we all know how bad those drop rates was.
    • Like x 17
  2. Maddness X New Player

I also run multiple tune and have not recieved a single gas and only 2-3 crystals since the rates were adjusted last week
    • Like x 1
  3. Flemix Level 30

Got all daily boxes since day one and only got 3 Ionized gas so far, all before drop rate was adjusted to an apparent 0.
    Everyone I know tracks similarly and a quick look at the broker shows the things are a massive bottle neck.
    This can't be right.
    • Like x 2
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Every Ionized Gas I’ve gotten has come from the Large Loot Boxes. None have dropped in regular loot boxes from dailies. That’s from running all dailies every single day on two characters except I think I missed 1-2 days on my alt.
  5. MrStoob Well-Known Player

I've averaged about one a week at best, probably less as I've bought some to get my goggles to where they are now (lvl 23 limbo). To fully complete the goggles at this rate without using the broker would take 20 weeks (is it 20 IG in total)? 5 months? That cannot be right.
  6. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Its not just them its the drops of the crystals too. I have done 51 runs on the bounty bosses and only got 4 crystals. How the hell am I ever going to do enough runs to get what you have set as the need for 4 levels. As for the Ionized Gas I have had 3 so far and they have only come from the weekly loot. There is a real shortage and because of this they are up to 60m each on the broker as people just cant get their hands on them. For the first time ever I wont be doing the op item this dlc, its simply not feasible, affordable or with the amount of marks needed, enjoyable,
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The crystal drops are very random. One of my toons did a 4 hour spam and only got three crystals, logged into another toon and got 3 crystals within 3 bosses.
  8. Oyster New Player

Mine as well. 4 toons, 2 weeks of daily missions i got 1 ionized gas.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Did the drop rate dev leave or something? Ten years on and a simple drop rate is beyond the current devs?
  10. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I have just hit my x75 runs feat and only had 6 crystals in total. I have spoken with others and some are having the same problem and yet others are getting drops very frequently. I have had to purchase all my crystals to level the gear up and so far $650m is the bill.

I know the ionized gas is fixed but can you look at the crystals as you surely cant justify 6 drops in 75 runs.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They've definitely tweaked the crystal drop rate.
  12. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I have just done 24 runs and got zero crystals. Not trying to be awkward just seems like the tweaking hasn't worked.
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I do 28 a day, averaging 0.7 before the increase, 2.4 since the increase. Seems to be working fine.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I guess they want one of the reagents to be hard to get. When the episode went live, shards were super rare and gas was rare. They then "fixed" this and flipped these drop rates. Then after the feedback of people not liking how rare the gas had become they increased the drop rate for that item and quietly lowered the crystal drop rate again.

This change discourages me from running any more bounties. I am currently maxed out on Time Beacons on all three of my characters. I have purchased all the Generator Mods, Elite Rings, Elite Necks, Elite Weapons (save 1 because I'm short on Solars), catalysts and Enhanced Magnetic Paladin style. So now I have to wait for a vendor update otherwise I'm not getting rewarded for bounties.
    • Like x 1
  15. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Yeah, not much point without Quintiles dropping.
  16. CHARI EL Level 30

Well passed the 75 rotations myself.. But I think it's working as intended.. Averaging about a crystal every 2 - 3 rotations or so and have got 4 - 5 crystals a day since the increase drop rate.. At lvl 30 with the goggles so if all things go well i should be done with the bounty spam fest by Wednesday/ Thursday latest..
    Ionized gas is still a pain to get though.. And you need 9 of those suckers to breakthrough the final rank.. :/
  17. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I have just run another 15 circuits and I am pleased to say I got 5 crystals, so yes I think it is no working properly. Just wish I had not spent all that cash before it was fixed.