Invisible players in pvp

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mighty, May 9, 2015.

1. DevDirt Developer

The person who is invisible. Do they correct after they zone out of the instance? Are they always broken from first login or just during the instance where people see them broken? Also, the person who is broken, if you don't have pets out, do people see a red dot for you on the radar? The answers to these will give me clues to what might be going on. Also, this is a new behavior, correct (not just PS3)?

-dirt
    • Like x 2
  2. TrueColors Well-Known Player

This happened in the lighthouse the other day, other player was invisible to me, but he could see me (so I was the invisible one?? ) anyways, I could see his marker on the map, but even when next to me he was unseen.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Based on what I've heard, there have been issues with this on PS3 for quite some time, but it happening on a widespread basis in PvE and PvP on other platforms is new. It doesn't sound like it happens every time from what some people have said.
  4. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Yeah, that's garbage right there!

This is why I do not play PvP anymore...it's soooo broken and full of cheaters!

IA ARMY
  5. Ichiro Loyal Player

Here is what I know about it in PVE. USPS

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/invisible-disappearing-team-members.251549/
  6. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

I seen it happen in watchtower arena
  7. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Same thing happens in PVE from time to time. I have seen it once in HoH and once in Lab. In HoH it was an earth tank. We could see the pet but no the tank no matter how often we wiped, but a couple of times we did see his toon but it did not match his location on the map or where his pet was. The second time it was an Ice dps no pet in Lab. He left the instance and came back...same issue, reloged and had the same issue, switched toons then we finally saw him, then he switched back to his ice toon and we could see him then also.

Hope some of this helps you narrow it down. In both instances the dots on the radar matched where they said they were standing, but it does make it hard to pick someone up if you cannot see them.
  8. iYaYa_ Well-Known Player

yea hopefully
    theres this 5s tourney on saturday for PS. so hopefully they fix it before
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

Even when I did powers that split damage, I saw nothing else other than the fury taking damage. I don't know if he was like that at the start of the match.
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'm just quoting Ivy from another thread since he had it happen to him so we can hopefully get a little more clarification on this, would you take damage when you were invisible? Or were you in god-mode as well?
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I was invisible to my league in HoH when we ran it after GU47.... They saw me again after we beat it and got into the next instance...
  12. Solutha New Player

This isn't just pvp. Had a league made invisible in Throne last night. When he logged out and back in it wouldn't let him back on. It kept saying that he was already logged in. He was Ice so no pets involved. PS4 player as well

Also can't confirm but it looks like all of their damage wasn't being recorded to the score card. The tank was out dpsing them until we realized he was invisible. After he logged out and finally got back in damage returned to normal.
  13. Maximus Hunter Well-Known Player

In my example you can see that the player that is invisible will indeed have a physical representation that is not tied to the player. The physical representation does appear too move to a new location if all persons in question move beyond the scope of the player that is not currently visible. The physical representation will not move once it comes into the scope of any players within the instance. That means in small maps like pvp that the physical representation will not change its location since all players cannot move outside the scope of having the player visible.

[IMG]

It appears to be a zoning error of some kind. It has persisted throughout an entire instance in all of the cases where I have come across it. Once the instance ends the bug will end as well. I never seen a player leave and come back into the instance when it has happened so I can say that it would still persist. I have seen it happen to everything that was not a player within a duo which is still allows progress until a mechanic requires being within a certain distance such as melee, pickups, or toggles. In recent cases it appears to be specific to players seeing other players. The pets summoned by the players still act normal and are visible to other players.
  14. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I could take damage and be countered and be CC'd all the same. It happened again last night and I felt bad so I relogged and it didn't happen again to me. I did come across an invisible enemy about an hour after.
    • Like x 1
  15. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

its happening on the ps4 thats the thing
    it could break pvp arena's, no one will do it if this go's on.
  16. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

GU 46 fixed most render issues for PS3, barring Legends PvP and Last Laugh Safehouse maps. Its unfortunate this issue has come back and is spreading. I have seen this issue as well in Lockdown and in Labyrinth.
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

I just had this happen to me while running the new resources duo. The other guy initially looked to be standing still till I realized his dot was moving around on the minimap. He said nothing looked unusual on his side.

We went north to the runemaster, I think its runemaster, for the first boss. He reappeared part way through the fight performing combos, using powers, etc. However as soon as the fight was over he went back to looking like he was standing still.

The rest of the time I just kept track with the minimap, but during the last boss something interesting occurred. The other guy is a Gadgets troll and at the end of the last boss fight I realized that both my sorcery character and his Fury had the Battle Display animation. It didn't expire until I exited the duo.

[IMG]

I hope this helps you track it down.
  18. DevDirt Developer

One thing that would be super useful is for anyone who sees this issue to stop the other player, PM me in the forums, and let me come debug a few things in game with you immediately. We still need to debug some more things from an actual occurrence before we know exactly what might be going wrong.

-dirt
    • Like x 4
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'll do that next time i have the issue it was happening to several of us in the new genisus raid last night any time someone became invisible if we reloged the other players could see us again
  20. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

I can confirm that this happened to a league mate(he was the invisible one twice and couldn't see one enemy once out of about 6 matches). This happened in Star Labs(that's what we we're running that night). He's on US PS4. He could see them on the radar just not in game. He could see animations but not the person. He could see pets from the enemy but does not use a pet in his loadout.

He would correct upon entering a new zone and it didn't happen every match. Just fairly often.