Inventory Space hogs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Drathmor, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Now we have all come to a place were this is becoming a issue much like all the marks of old became an issue and was consolidated into a single mark
    The all mighty Source mark

now the issue is the growing vastness of
    Catalyst

now I know there are different catalyst for different things but at a certain point this becomes
    an unbearable space hog
    [IMG]

are there any plans being looked at to help consolidate the catalyst for at least the older content
    to help with inventory management
    I know for me its a burden to have like 10 rows dedicated to nothing but these different objects that once the feats or what have you are completed you still have running around with us clogging up or spaces

[IMG]

WE need the load lightened! :D

Augments for all the different episodes also fall into this same type of category of space wasters
    at least some of them can be consumed into augments but they should also be consolidated for older content
    • Like x 6
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you don't need them, delete them.
    • Like x 3
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

problem with that comes from there are so many and if you have taken breaks from time to time you are generally working on so many different things at once so you really cant just delete them because you might delete something that you need

my thoughts are
    something could be implemented that as say an episode becomes out of relevancy or becomes EEG that the catalyst could be consolidated in the same way that source marks become the marks for the content

a group of 3 catalyst could become ones for that content at that point.
    that way they would convert to those three freeing up a ton of space.
    and making what we have to keep up with easier on all.

the old content would only drop the the consolidate catalyst
    there by getting rid of all the confusion of do I still need to keep this or is this something I can get rid of.
    it would just simplified the whole process

the main argument would be or but you have to run that specific content.
    for Blank OP piece or augment
    I say if its EEG its almost or over a year old at that point or more so not useful in content
    so doesn't really effect anyone who has played consistently
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or you can delete the ones you don't need, they all have tooltips that say what they're for, and send the ones you do need to a bank toon. Or just get those old augments feats done now, that should only take a few minutes out of your day.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

are we really so against change that we cant see a simple solution that will help a ever growing problem

for a player that likes playing older content as my self

this would greatly cut down on wasted time were as of now I have to waste tons of time after a few runs just going through all this garbage sorting and figuring out ok do I need this or what about this
    am I still working on that *then having to look up the feat list to verify

this will only get worse and worse as more and more DLC's are added
    implementing a system now will save us all a lot of heart ache down the line

as it is now
    run 10 omnibus raids
    then just glance at your inventory.
    • Like x 5
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd settle for them just not being platform bound so I can drop into the league bank, which is generally where someone would need them. I have people come back to the game on occasion and will give them my old cats if they need them and I already drop my titans ones there (for some reason they are not platform bound)....however FINDING those cats on any number of banks is sometimes the issue. Still never sure why episode catalysts are platform bound. I get the artifact ones, because they are available in the MP....but are 'dark spores' or 'Alfred Nano-particles'?

I'd say they probably won't re-work the cats system only because it would probably take a lot of work besides just changing the actual catalyst. On top of having to adjust the different Adaptive augs, you'd have to adjust the loot tables and any episode vendors that sell cats for the content as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Darkwalker Active Player

I'd love this. As a returning player my bank is full to brimming with these things and it's not only messy, it's difficult to have to hunt through and find what you need. A single type of catalyst for anything over 3 episodes old is a fantastic idea.
    • Like x 2
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've got one character, that i use. I ranked up the adapative aument and got the feat related to it. I don't do the content any more that rewards those catalysts. I could do that content for a chance at a collectible to complete a set/feat, but I've got enough SPs that I don't care about completing a collection set. If I get catalysts from weekly Omnibus, I sell it inexpensively on the broker. /wave.

I'd guess you have/use alts and still do old content a lot that merits having adaptive augments for small perk towards loot chance or defense from npc attacks? trying to figure out why you'd still have stacks of catalysts? I keep the most recent adapative augments in my loadout, even if I were to intentionally do old content. I think the stats in the max ranked most recent adapative augment outweigh the specific old adapative augment perk.... which makes an argument for discontinuing any more time inventing and implementing any more of them ever again. :p
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You know what, you're right. This is a fabulous idea for anyone lacking any obvious organization principles. +1
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

LOL

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I love this idea! You might not be able to get it down to 3 however... maybe 3 cats for augs and 3 cats for old OP, but still, it would be a VAST improvement over the mess we have now.
    • Like x 1
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I just realized, i don't have adaptive augments in my inventory. They're magically available.

Generic catalysts underscores the reason one does that specific content for the rare chance to get the rare catalyst from it, or reason y you'd be wanting the catalyst to rank up the adaptive augment that is not needed, because you're doing the content to begin with without it. I guess adaptive augments are useful in an elite version of the content???? I don't bother with elite raids
  13. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Personaly i love how each type of catalyst look like.
    And i love how they are now, they belong to where they are now
    Seperation of catalysts is a real issue?
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Good motto. What about those that you do need because you weren't here for a year or two or were new. It takes a significant number of catalysts to max just one Adaptive Augment. Then you have the OP items since JLD (I think it started in JLD?) that are pretty rare and take a while to build on.

Then add in if you are still needing the Flashpoint mods. (Which thankfully I don't.)

At least they made Nth metal account bound now. (Except for the ones from the vault when it returns.)
    • Like x 1
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Between the nth metal types consolidating, exos stacking to 99, and cats up to 999, is it THAT much space taken up on a bank mule? I've been able to consolidate so much stuff in the past few months.
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]

Just one more...
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do think it's a bit more noticeable if you are still having to hang onto FP base mods (for the feat, and can't be traded) and now the 8 or so different crafting supplies for the new mods which aren't worth off loading as you'll get more the next run. I don't think the issue is 100% catalysts or Nth (which are indeed better now going to 999) but yeah, a run through LLL/FP/HOD alone content will fill up 5 rows of space fast(I normally like keeping 5 clean rows at the top for daily runners)...catalysts included. With the new stacking drop boxes and renowns, as we progress it should help some (till the next thing we need to hang on to). Well, at least till you start opening those stacked boxes....then back to full again. We didn't used to need to offload to a mule/vendor/salvage/bank every few hours. More like every few days.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Is this a rhetorical question? I said delete the ones that you DO NOT need. Obviously that should imply keep the ones that you DO need. Considering it becomes relatively simpler to complete one adaptive augment after that episode falls into EEG, there isn't a good enough reason to have those catalysts and exobytes sitting in your inventory. Finish whatever augment you need for whatever feat, delete/donate/sell the remaining reagents and move on.

Or you know just leave them to clog up your inventory for months/years waiting for whatever imaginary game update is going to magically give you those spaces back...

Edit: Except for the Vault as you said and the Stabilizer duo, regular Nth Metal drops have always been account bound.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the problem still comes from 2 places
    1) some of us have taken breaks from time to time and need them so cant delete them
    I know I'm working on like 7 different augments at the moment and 6 old op items

2) when running omnibus or older content in general they drop all the time so a constant stream of space fillers
    3 spots taken up quazi permanently is always better than rows
  20. BumblingB I got better.

It actually wasn't. To be honest, you have to sit there with tons of materials to do one thing. All the while you have to wait to do it. Storage alts are helpful, but that can only go so far. Fresh legendary accounts get only so much room, so you can either lose materials or buy space. That really is the only options right now.

I'm not really even talking about the stuff that I'm a hoarder to, either. On my main account, I have a lot of space and I'm lazy cleaning out, but on my switch and alt account, the space thing is a real problem.

I really detest how they made catalysts work. It was nice and streamline with artifacts after that one update. (It was getting out of hand for each breakthrough.) Why can't adaptive augments get a similar treatment? They've done some improvements on the OP catalysts, like there is only one dropped now and one to buy. Which is amazing. Why can't we have something similar for Adaptive Augments. Which is only good for one DLC.

Anyways, I know what you are talking about, but it's not really helpful for players catching up.
    • Like x 2