Work In Progress Introducing The R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueColors Well-Known Player

Thanks for the quick response...fingers crossed it becomes one of the drops in the new content down the road, as it is not in rare style vendor.
    • Like x 1
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I want to be super excited but I also want to know the costs related to these plans and other components you have to buy in order to craft the gear. If it is a time sink (which it is) and a Mark sink (which it is) then I think it should be a bit cheaper (not much maybe 5 marks or 10 depending on the gear) to make the gear. You have to save up mats, run the content, save up marks. Or just run conent save marks and buy the gear. Just my thoughts
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

1) that makes sense it encourages you to play other things rather then just trying try your luck on rate drops in raids with out fear of losing your luck reset counter.... This helps remove "only luck" to gear up

2 ) this is unfortunate but if it's because right now other things are more important and need more dev time it's understandable
    • Like x 1
  4. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Can you give us a ballpark estimate on how much gameplay is required to obtain enough mats to craft the rings and face?
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Part of the benefit of the system is that the costs will encourage you to play content beyond just the latest large group release. Playing the game, and more of it, is always a goal AND benefit.
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Like any of the items, the target we're aiming for based on the average player getting scraps playing the content available to them in a cycle 5 days a week, and taking six weeks to get any piece. Again, this is to ensure the system stays complementary to getting drops, and not replace getting drops.

7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there will always be players that get carried through content by there friends get over it! there was a time when none of us knew how to play this game..

the carrying generally happens because someones friend starts playing and they are helped to the top so that they can all run content together. this is good for the game long term because if the person has fun they stay, buy things and learn how to play as opposed to having to lvl and learn alone and get bored due to seeing their friends off doing one thing while they cant run any of it causing people to quit and the game looses a potential long term customer.

see what i did there showed you a positive side to what you considered just you having to carry unskilled people ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Yes as in if you want chest and legs in Episode 18 from crafting, from the first post at least, you should be able to get both just as new plans come out in Episode 21.
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

While Face is one item on the 2nd month to craft that isnt dropping in game, the Rings on the 3rd month are actually 2 pieces you will need for a complete set. Are the cost reflecting this issue?

Looking forward to it :)
  10. Senko Committed Player

You'll note I mentioned that in my first paragraph it would come down from rare drops and you'll probably not need to spend over a year on a set. However his info mentioned 6 weeks to craft a piece and 3 pieces that can only be aquired via crafting not drops/vendor purchased and that's what I'm talking about in my second paragraph. You will never have gear that is fully CR appropraite to the current cycle in this system but will at best have a ring or mask that's not equal to the content you're doing and that's assuming you don't need to craft something else that isn't dropping for you and that you can save up scraps in the first month to craft it (since 2nd month content will reward more scraps/cost more than first month content and less than third). Several somethings given the duplicates I've seen.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I do understand that, but from what is experienced on the forums, the people who run elite are the ones complaining about getting 112 gear in place of ones that says "elite" in the name.

I know you guys are scrambling to get this launched and I'm excited to know this option will be coming out. I really like this. I also really like the changes to dropped weapons. Where you get to pick the one you want. It is frustrating to get dual pistols 5 times in a row. lol
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

I just have one question, and sorry of you already answered it, is the only gear that will drop the component be from Episode 18 to 21?

Also, and this is on another topic but I believe it needs to be addressed, this system does give us the freedom to run more content and not be stuck on the newest only, but with only one alert per cycle it's hard for players with small leagues, or no leagues at all to use this system. Duos and Raids alone aren't the only content of the game but seem to be the only one that matters, so please make more alerts, you said the data showed more people did raids, well of course they did since that's where the best gear was, but it doesn't mean it's what they really like to do more.
  13. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I keep seeing people say 6-8 weeks to make a piece, but from what was written the intention is that it takes 6-8 weeks to make the whole set of gear from each episode.

Epi 18 drops chest, legs,hands, and waist. So by the the time episode 20 rolls around when the next best of these pieces drops you should have all the rare gear from 18 via crafting or drops.
    • Like x 2
  14. Veritasum Loyal Player

Correct, the relevant mats to make the gear will only drop from the current content cycle. So starting with E 18, only E 18 gear will salvage into the components.
  15. Veritasum Loyal Player

No, they are estimating that it will take 6 weeks to make 1 piece of gear not using replay badges and playing an average of 5 days a week.
    This is a complementary system, not a replacement.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sorry read too fast lol It will take 6-8 weeks or so to make One piece of gear. Its basically to get the "one piece of gear" that you were missing like for a lot of folks, the Feet
    • Like x 1
  17. Veritasum Loyal Player

It all seems fair to me. Personally, I prefer the R&D route than simply best gear in vendor.

Anywho, Salvaging should still count towards salvaging? I'm sure we just need to keep an eye out to make sure it counts once the system starts.

Will crafting the gear count towards our crafting feat?

And I do think that you should perhaps keep the face mask in the loot table and not R&D only. 3 pieces that require the R&D, especially if we're talking the prices (70sh perhaps) that's being thrown around is a bit much. I am looking for more uses for marks and it looks like this system would be enough.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not to further complicate things, but for those talking about the 6 week target - remember you have 20 weeks from when month 1 launches (and you START needing that cycle's gear scrap) until month 3 gear is replaced (when you NO LONGER need that cycle's gear scrap). You can keep playing content for scraps even when the gear there has been replaced. Without replays, there is time.

On a side note, it's every game developer's dream to be able to release content faster than it can be consumed, so that you as a player always have something awaiting you. That's a dream, but approaching it isn't a bad thing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Gear from Episodes in each 3-month cycle salvage to their own specific gear scrap. You must run 18-20 to get scraps to make gear dropping in 18-20.
    • Like x 1
  20. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I guess I was wrong. This is less exciting b/c it still allows the opportunity you won't get all 4 of the rare pieces while it's the best. If loot drops are better, this point is moot. I guess we'll have to wait and see
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.