Work In Progress Introducing The R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marek Committed Player

You said that all gear, greens, blues, and purples can be salvaged to obtain materials to craft, and that the color of the item will determine how many of these items you recieve from crafting but i am just curious if item cr plays into this? Example is if i R&D a item level 52 green or blue item will that give the same amount of materials if i R&D a item level 112 or 122 piece? Or does each color of gear, no matter the cr lvl, have a minimum and maximum amount that can be recieved, such as the lower the item lvl the more likely you will recieve the bottom end of that minimum maximum?
  2. Senko Committed Player

If the scraps are not account bound and limited to the person they drop on then 6 weeks for a piece of gear seems too long. We're talking 10 pieces in theory (weapon, head, face, chest, back, hands, legs, waist, ring, ring, trinket) that's 60 weeks or more than a year to complete a full set with a new CR set out every 3 months so either you have 4 sets that are incomplete or one set that's 4 CR revisions below the current standard.

Now yes most people aren't going to be doing the only RND method and that'll come down some with drops but still you're looking at a minimum with this of THREE pieces you have to build because they're RND only. So month 1 maybe you build nothing and just farm scraps halfway through month 2 you can build the face piece. Then you collect scraps again for 6 weeks and can only build one of the rings you need then you spend the first month and a half of the NEW cycle of gear with better equipment farming the scraps for your new ring and can either build the current face piece or the ring of the old CR that'll probably give a lower boost. Then you spend 6 weeks farming scraps to build the new ring so the best you can hope for is a gear set with a ring at least 1 cr out of date and if you opt to make the ring instead of the facepiece you're looking at a ring 1 cr out of date and another 2 cr out of date.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've read the posts. Twice. I'm trying to digest it all, so somethings I'm curious about might be answered already. I am suspicious it's too good to be true (as per the last change and the change before that and the one before that etc.).

I'll hold off opinions until I see it in action but this does seem like the final and ultimate solution to a problem that has been on going for the past 2 years 5 months.

I know you guys hate me now, for continuously going on about the same thing month in, month out and I'm sure Mepps in particular has the highest score on the "Torikumu Dart Board", so my question is can we all be friends again? :]

Couple of other questions:

- What kind of marks cost are you looking at here for both plans and components? Similar to vendor gear?
    - Will components and plans have a cash value attached to them as well in order to purchase? If so, will Premiums be eligible to participate?
    - Can the vendor gear be converted into the new R&D Materials?
    - How does this translate from window/tier to window/tier? Can I use previous gathered components to build new gear? or do you plan on releasing multiple versions to prevent players from building the components up over time?
    • Like x 1
  4. Tinoman_ New Player

I'm completely MINDF***ED. Mepps your a mindfreak.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Prob not. Sounds like the devs want it be trash loot
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

quick question: you mentioned expanding cost as the episodes progress for each new item will that only pertain to those items that drop in that episode and will the 4 prior ones stay at their current cost
  7. krytine Loyal Player

I'm loving it. It now means I don't have to spend 70 marks to finish a style set to get the feat.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

and the affinitys you can get for your mainframe thats all the added bonus you should get for it
  9. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Woot woot........love it.

Can't wait for this to be in the game.

#WeaponRewardBox
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueColors Well-Known Player

So theoretically I could create my Alien Tech Boots, and finally finish all the style feats?
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So my questions

1) 6 weeks to create one piece of gear makes this no different then replaying and buying a vendor piece like a chest or legs...6 replays of a raid = 60 marks = 1 chest or legs.....so essentially 6 replays of a raid gathers you enough components to craft thus gear??? Am understanding this correctly ...

Not complaining (I like this if so) just curious...

2) utility belts now that we are crafting them can we please please please please please get all 4 slots be wild cards and not 1 trinket 2 wild caed1 consumable....that way we can do what ever it is we want with it????
  12. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thank you for not adding style pieces for feats to the only R&D model
  14. BumblingB I got better.

THIS IS AMAZING! And judging by the OP post, a lot of the problems and ideas that we have been saying are heard. This is very good news!

In regards to Elite gear, you said if you add this component, it would require you to have elite success, why not have it at launch? Right now, you can get Elite gear w/o completing the Elite content, just by defeating a boss. Why not have a plan drop as an option in the loot picker in place of trash gear or maybe at the bottom above the mark? This plan makes the elite affinity component. So it would be the same amount of components as normal + 1 component for elite crafting. It would take longer, but you do still get this option.That way, an elite member can still feel like he's progressing. This still keeps the elite exclusive to people who run the elite content, but has more options.

Also, please make sure the RND feats work for deconstruction and crafting on launch! Please! :D I still need these feats and this puts me back to working on them. (Closer to salvage than crafting. Way closer.)
    • Like x 1
  15. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

By making the fused scraps will that count towards your creating feat(s)?
    • Like x 1
  16. Belthazur Dedicated Player

WOW!!!!! What an EPIC FAIL DCU

I realize that the drop rates were not the Best and I am Glad to see the increase But WHY OHH WHY are you Giving the In-Experienced low Skill Point Players a FREE Ride to End Game Content?

This is just yet Another way to Break This Game...

Dont get me wrong I love the You Have to make certain Pieces but ALL UGGG.
  17. Delta795 New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  18. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  19. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  20. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

That's assuming you never get a rare drop you need when playing content. HIGHLY unlikely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.