Work In Progress Introducing The R&D Gear System!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathalos Well-Known Player

Also, the ability to use the affinities with the amount of elite pieces equipped. They are good enough to still want to have Elite gear over Rare.
    • Like x 4
  2. Loche Developer

Except Elite Gear still has Affinities... ;)
    • Like x 10
  3. akaivy Dedicated Player

QUESTION: When we salvage gear will there be a choice between regular salvage and salvage for scrap? We will still need simples and complexes....

List of things to remember until this is released:

stop salvaging gear and save it in the bank.
    Buy more bank slots.

Thanks very much for a solution.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

They are not one-time use. So yes, you buy a plan, then you can build both of your damage and your other role versions of gear, if you wish.
    • Like x 11
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

True, Should have clarified the ItemLevels were just the mistake teehee
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Sounds good. I got a few questions:

1) If i get it right, the Rings and Face are going to be R&D only? I mean...its either that or Vendor? If it is like that, im not sure if i like it.

2) If i get it right, we are going to need the Plan to make this, right? Its going to be a single plan for everything or we have to get a Plan for each pieces?

3) The prizes of Plans and Matter Enhancers are going to be Premium prizes ($2000 max) or Legendary prizes like the components to make mods and sodas ($2000+)?
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Elite has Affinities as well.
    • Like x 3
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Two things to note, here. When you salvage gear in the future, you will still get the regular salvage components you get now, PLUS the new gear scrap. Also, remember AT LAUNCH this applies to Episode 18 content only.
    • Like x 4
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

1) To get the higher CR rings and face will require R&D. The vendor rings and face are of course still available.
    2) Each gear piece will have its own plan, so you'll buy the plan you need when building whatever piece of gear you have chosen to build.
    3) Plans and Matter Enhancers are primarily a Marks of Victory purchase. We'll make sure non-Members can participate when it comes to in-game cash costs.
    • Like x 8
  10. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

Well done! Thank you DCUO! ;)
  11. kawe Loyal Player

This sounds really great!
    Besides the plans not being account bound :p I can't see any possible downside to this. This feels like when armories were introduced. Effin brilliant!

[IMG]

Edit: I can see pl say vendor gear will be obsolete for most of the players base. But eh. I don't see it as such a negative thing as R&D gear is somewhat vendor related.
  12. akaivy Dedicated Player

Thanks for the info and for the reminder that saving gear now will be useless. :) I got over excited.
  13. Miserable Dedicated Player

14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Edit: nevermind. Stupid phone woes.

System sounds great. Really want the weapon reward box to apply to all tiers ASAP. The weapon bait and switch has always been a detracting factor to the game.
  15. inferno Loyal Player

@mepps - Beautiful, Beoooootiful!!!!

--- Okay, when scrapping items, will there be a new option at the RnD to scrap? or does it fall under Salavage? If it does fall on Salvage, does that mean we are incurring the possibility that it becomes complex or simple material? I hope not.
    ----When scrapping items, will they count towards the salvaging feat, for those that are still trying to finish the feat?
    ----Are the plans specific to a type of gear? or will it be for a particular tier with the option to choose which gear to create?

Oops, answered before I could finish typing. lol
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Brilliant news. Can't wait for this to be ingame!
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

good solution DEVS GREAT JOB!!!! I can change my sig now I do hope the plans are account bound to help alts a little and nothing cost real world cash unless people want to spend them on replays but
    [IMG]
  18. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Can Vendor Gear be added into this system?
    Making Vendor Gear included as able to upgrade to drop level might be even more beneficial
    • Like x 2
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont know what to say. I am speechless.
    • Like x 7
  20. Venus Void Dedicated Player

Color me impressed, I like what you guys came up with, and a good compromise for not having the best gear vendor.
    Pretty good sign that you guys have been taking more player feedback into consideration. Kudos.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.