Into the Dark universe the card game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Walvine, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Walvine Well-Known Player

I would edit topic start post to include the cards , unfortunately new player status in forum doesn't allow topic edit !.
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Honestly I learned very quickly after watching someone else do it. If you read the rules it sounds a little complicated but over all it's not.

For the most part, the cards you will most likely use are Nightwing, Superman, Batman, WW, and Hawkgirl. If you attack a side with no arrows you will always win.

Order of Strength Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hawkgirl, Nightwing, Robin.

So you can use Nightwing to take out Batman and Superman as long as you attack them from underneath and on the right. So a weaker card can take out a stronger card as long as you don't attack arrow vs arrow. It's basically set up and done right, you should win all the time. So communication is the key.
    • Like x 1
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I hate this card game crap. If I wanted to play cards, I'd get off the computer and grab a deck. It slows down the pace of the raid tremendously. Pug groups will probably only get past it 20 percent of the time. The raids should be challenging, not puzzling.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

When it finally gels, it isn't all that hard. It's basically rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock...
    • Like x 3
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

This all sounds the same as JLD week 1, and Metal Part-I week 1. New interesting mechanics that people are knee-jerk reacting to in a negative way. In another week to a month, people will learn and get used to it, and the complaints will stop.
  6. Aquaflash New Player

Instead of card games and alert final boss bubbles why didn't they introduce to battle Devastator or Murder Machine instead. We already knew how this was going to turn out.People being kicked out of the game. Queueing randomly in raid or 4 play event is a waste of time. Disappointed.
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

There are still old content that pugs can't get past.....all I'm saying.
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Granted, but if we have to shoot for content difficulty at the lowest common denominator PUG, well...I'll just set up a macro and get my marks while I go watch TV, LOL.

I get the frustration. If I had to PUG, I'd probably have more issue with it.
  9. Aquaflash New Player

O
    Old contents have actions and mechanics. Yeah there are people who doesn't get it, and that is disappointing also. However if i want to play card games i play poker. Storywise this content is laughable, they mention Murder Machine in the solo, where is he? Don't get me started with Devastator. The storyline is disappointing especially if you are a DC fan.
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

It took a go for most of the motivated players to read the instructions and get a sense of the game.

Side Note: instructions are an awesome addition over obscure screen tips, but I digress.

The problem we had today today wasn't placing the cards, it was the people who went into the card room weren't listening for what was needed. Even if 1/4 in that room is not paying attention they can mess it up for everyone if they are just grabbing random cards. Two people in the group were either not reading chat or possibly didn't understand the chat so in the end four people who were reading had to bum's rush into the card room to effectively block out the others.
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yup, this is the game in a nutshell. Basically placing your card down, arrow side facing a non-arrow side of the other card. However, if it must be arrow vs arrow, be sure to have the stronger card.

The hardest part about this actual raid is not the card game... but communicating with the rest of the players. The group on the outside has to be able to communicate with the group in the portal and tell them what card to grab. Best not to have too many players inside as a swarm of Dark Robins will appear every time a card is chosen.

You can imagine how well this goes off during a "pug" event ... especially on the Nintendo Switch as typing takes forever and most people turn off mics. Let's just say it was madness.... tempers flaring..... people cursing... attempted kicks... and people just quitting.

It other words it was a grand old time! ;)
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

True... one of those would be the Raid during one of the War of Light DLC's. It's the raid where the team must first split up into two groups... one goes to Metropolis, the other goes to some ship. Then they reconvene later in the ship and one part of the group must navigate this maze like contraption, while other players stay outside and work switches that open different "doors" within the maze. (At least I think that's how it works...)

As a returning player on the Switch, I was only lucky enough to get into this raid once. I thought it was a great idea, and a breath of fresh air compared to the usual raids... but I knew right away that this wasn't going to work for a "pug" group. A few minutes into it, while I was still trying to make sense of what was going on, players outside were just mashing cogs, players inside were slowly dying, others were screaming "It's Glitched!", trying to disband the raid and everyone ended up just leaving.

In other words, it was a grand old time! ;)
  13. Brit Loyal Player

It's one of those mechanics where one person can definitely ruin it for everyone else, made worse by the fact that using chat is almost mandatory.

But it's not even half as bad as the Forge Spirit in the Ceberus raid. One person does one stray bullet or poorly placed AE power and the entire raid wipes. And if you have to wait 3 hours between Kicks, you're just doomed when you get there and realize that you have 2-3 idiots who will not look at the chat box to see the basic instructions.
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

3 PuG aced it feat toons in 4 more to go I think the worst of the offenders know only to go after the Robins now.
    An addition that I think would improve the card part on the raid is to give laughing nights cards an aura emitter of light around the card seems to indicate which card belongs to whom should the card shark get disconnected while trying to get the othere feat where they must play to the final round .
    • Like x 1
  15. ZEROKILLEER Well-Known Player

4 CARDS to start with. All you have to do is remove the cards on the board with the new cards inside .Start with a 2 arrow card like robin . , nightwing or Hawkgirl.. The 3 New cards with arrow will push the old cards off the board..
  16. Brit Loyal Player

PUG'd it today. No problems on cards. Basically the people who didn't understand it just stood around and killed the occasional adds trying to scoreboard chase.

On the other hand, we ended up disbanding on Barbatos after 4 attempts because we could get to the focus gears, but we could not convince two of the DPS to join us in clicking on the gears in unison. For future reference, I feel like the Batcave/Khandaq attitude is a little better. Don't ask us to do more than 4 interacts at the same time, because it is unreasonable to believe that more than half of the group is willing and smart enough to participate in mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

would you guys say this is more annoying than rock platforming (Shattered Gotham)?
  18. Azreaus Committed Player

Yes because you could eventually get used to rock jumping after a bit and get thru it no problem (apart from the bits with the clouds) this mini gameis too reliant on others not being brain dead numpties that can't resist the urge to blindly hit switches.
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Oh yeah.... the rock jumping. I almost forgot about that. One thing about that though... if a player really couldn't get through that portion, the game would eventually port them to where the rest of the team was, of course all your armor would be shot to hell by then as well.

(I know this for a fact because that is what happened to me the first time I played the raid) o_O

With this raid... if the group can't get it together... they're screwed.
  20. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Smash Red Robins, check! Thanks for the advice :p
    • Like x 1