Into the Dark universe the card game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Walvine, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Walvine Well-Known Player

After entire group being wiped out by multiple players ignoring screams of no stop by group and jumping the card portal and trying to fill the floor with random cards breaking every ones armor before knowing which 3 cards to use and where to place them after thought this topic maybe handy ha.
    Rules are quite simple :
    Its highly recomended a single player with tic tac toe knowledge should place the cards on the floor only.
    All 4 cards preplaced on floor must be erased leaving your own to save batman unharmed and beat that laughing guy.
    Through the card portal any 3 cards activated inside will be sent to batman/your groups deck of 3 cards.
    It's very important they know which because only 3 cards can be placed per round.
    I recomend only two players go into the card portal because each card activated will begin a battle.
    If one of your cards arrows meet with laughing knights existing cards arrows adjacent or opposite face to face bad things happen .
    Arrows from your own cards will not effect other cards of your own and can face to face arrow no problem.
    To beat all 4 atleast 1 card with 2 arrows needs to be used and successfully erase 2 of the laughing knights cards in a single turn .
    To beat laughing knight existing cards simply place your card with an arrow to face any side of laughing knights cards which has no arrow.
    Remember once you erase a card that position on the board is opened up .
    If your head hurts reading this go and smash Red Robins and avoid touching those armour killing cards.
    • Like x 3
  2. IzzysLantern New Player

"Tic tac toe knowledge" lol your my new hero. Thank you for the info
    • Like x 2
  3. Azreaus Committed Player

This thread won't make any difference as peeps will still just hit random switches in the hope that the puzzle/game will auto solve itself like the one in JFA did.

Tried to do the raid 10 to 15 times today and every time some some over enthusiastic little numpty just dives in and fecks it all up - so I will not be going near it again for at least a couple of months to give our "genius" (/s) playerbase time to realize that it won't auto solve itself.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

It took us on voice comms a couple of hands to get the rules, but then we dominated. I can't imagine what PUG life looks like with that.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Not as bad as you think. 3 of the 4 times i've run it has been pugs, and there's almost always been at least one person that had either figured it out, or had some clue what to do. The groups i've been in have been good at communicating what to do and when (I just did the one thing i'm good at...burn burn burn). What I worry about is 2 months in...when a new set of players finally get in and it all turns into turdbowl (always happens after the better players have gotten everything done mostly).
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I ran it in event last night with 2 people I know and the rest queue in. One of the other pugs typed in chat very quickly to wait a sec....then typed the card combo. We had one round of getting the wrong cards because of a circle happy random, but the rest went smooth....so even rando pugs can learn. I only ran the event run because I figured I wanted to see the mechanics first before going into live...seems pretty easy as long as you don't have 1 jerk-weed trying to mess it up. Not sure if it gets way harder in Elite...I'll cross that bridge in a week or so.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Urgh. I understand the value of having gameplay mechanics like this and I’m not saying don’t include them. But I am so dreading this.
    I’ve noticed this too, after two months in, its like everyone’s brains turn to mush. I had more wipes and disbands in the last few weeks of Metal II than in all the months before combined!
  8. Walvine Well-Known Player

I went into event version straight after the hotfix on eu , After the wipes went into double digits and atleast 3 kicks that I saw you can imagine how huge the group log of 0 scores was , I'm dreading the thought that I'm driven to still run this on all my other toons :confused: .
  9. Berza Committed Player

Can you use one card to erase the same name card? As using Batman to erase another Batman? I ran it with league today and went easy, but tried it with PUG and we had to disband because people were ignoring stop tells.
  10. AV Loyal Player

Yes. It's essentially Triple Triad from FF8 watered down a tad with the hierarchy mixed in.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Oh look there's a puzzle game, what would a normal person do? Oh that's right, stop read, think about it.

Not a pug on DCUO though, what do they do?

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

this needs to be turned into a guide for the other forum. thanks for this!
    • Like x 1
  13. Berza Committed Player

Thanks for info.
    • Like x 1
  14. Walvine Well-Known Player

As fare as I'm aware only the arrows within each card matter , A batman card played on the left side of the laughing knights batman card will erase it , Any card placed on the right side of laughing knights batman card would be a bad strategy .
    • Like x 1
  15. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Can someone post pictures of the cards as a reference? Like I know that Superman always has the Up arrow, and I think Robin has Up, Down, and Left?
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I don't know how to post pictures, but I just finished getting "what a comeback". The arrows are always the same:
    Superman: Up
    Wonder Woman: Down
    Batman: Right
    Hawk: Up and Down
    Nightwing: Up and Right
    Robin: Left and Down

Those are in "Arrow-Clash Hierarchy" Order; Super > Wonder > Bat > Hawk > Nightwing > Robin. Batman-who-Laughs wins any "Arrow-Clash" and must be beaten by an upward arrow (Super, Hawk, Night)
    • Like x 7
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Not to be a total downer but I am not sure you are waiting long enough.... Think back to when the JL Dark DLC was end game and after GOD ONLY KNOWS how many months you'd still run into those players that kept killing the demon outside the lit circle and could not understand WHY Lord Shoog didn't appear.

LOL I swear only a few weeks before Metal Part 1 arrived you could still see players screaming in shout in zone. "Don't attack him unless he is in the circle!" General rule of thumb.... If there is a way to screw it up. Some one will find it!
    • Like x 2
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I keep my Bouncy Ball at the ready to knock people off of the control if they mess it up and won't stop.
  19. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Thank you for this. It helps a lot! ^_^
    • Like x 1
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

First two times trying to run this...

7 to 8 people with sound on. Only one person besides myself with a mic.

Both of us left after two tries.