Interlude to "Requiem" (Delubrum Ira)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Solstice Vanguard, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

This is a machinima of my upcoming DCUO three-part project "Requiem". It will combine some elements of character fashion styles and a plot based on the three "Sisters of Leigh".

The main synopsis of the story revolves around an entity titled "Delubrum Ira" (translated to "Sanctum of Rage") who desires to engulf into "nothingness" as it would imply. The entity alone isn't that of a spirit (as some would surmise) but rather a dwelling that spawned three women who all have a dark story that connects them to it.

Requiem tells the story of Sarai Dan'ya Leigh: a warrior that was recently resurrected the guidance of Doctor Fate with one goal in mind: to annihilate the Sanctum of Rage once and for all.....even if it means sacrificing herself again.

This video just details my prowess in character designing and to give you a perspective on the type of music you'll hear in the story. What I wish to attempt is to contrast myself from telling a story that revolves around DCUO's campaign storyline and just tell a tale of these women based on a bit of my experiences with the characters in DCUO and the lore I designed for them while sprucing up on my film editing.

For now, this will sort of read like a digital graphic novel but I'm looking forward to finding some fellow players that wish to try their hand in voice acting. If so, just message me and lets iron things out. :)

Hope you enjoy.

• Like x 2
  2. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Cool stuff, grabbed my attention from the start. Are you doing a story video series? Or something different? Did you make the music?
    • Like x 1
  3. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Yes, it'll be a three-part mini-series in two parts: Preludes on character design and then story video.

The music isn't mine. I do have music I do own but I wish to stray away from such song pieces that're in the game unless necessary.
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Looks god, enjoy seeing (or reading) what people come up for their characters without the confines of the DCUO storyline, but use it simply as a springboard :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Cheers, buddy! :D

I'm a bit nervous but I feel this is something that I wish to accomplish personally as far as storytelling goes.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you get into troubles, or nerves get too much, you couldn't do wrong by talking to Bern and slash or Dez
  7. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Meanwhile, I'll use this thread as a means to post some of my character designs and an assortment of styles, along with my machinima.

Kitana & Mileena inspired styles from Mortal Kombat[IMG]