Instead of removing scoreboard why don´t...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Aug 15, 2017.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

......We give and axtra for the people that are actually teamplayers. and follow mechanics

The way I see it, we can all have a superpower (one of the ones we have on our powerset, or make a new one, or place it in the iconic tree or whatever. The thing is that in order to be able to use that one, we will need to charge it first, by doing some teamplay, for ex; reviving a down team mate put some energy in that super, activating cogs do the same, carrying x from a to b gives energy too, or block on skull, even dodge a nasty attack does the same too, etc you get the idea.

this superpower will give an extra damage and it wont dry empty the regular superpower, sice that energy comes from a different place, it will be optional to use, but if you do, you get a nice super that will give a good amount of extra damage. I think the whole "pew pew I am bussy cant do those mechanics" will change, and more people will be ready to help a fallen mate, without worrying that much of a loose in damage. since the reward will be great.

they can even give us some feats for it, like 50 activations one star, 500 two stars 1000 3 stars. that is an Idea of encouraging some teamplay, this superpower can even be placed in our utility belt, or in the regular loadout too.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no, people shouldnt be rewarded for being a team player. It should be how you play in a game like this.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Or...... git gud!

[IMG]
  4. mexmex Dedicated Player

I get it, but sadly is not the case and hasn't been in a long time, so most people only care about topping the charts, and have little regard for their team mates. Unless you play with friends. The scoreboard is always a chase by most DPSs, and in doing so they care for nothing else. And if the group fails one or two times they just leave the instances, even if their lack of team play is the cause of such failure
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

What if you all stopped looking at the dang thing? Its got a glitch in it anyway. I've noticed at least two runs in the past week that my healing out, as a dps, was more than the healer. This happened in an alert and in USr last night. Our 196 troll had more healing out than the healer.

If your not happy with your power, change. I did, reluctantly, but I'm happier because of it.
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I wish they would just make having the scoreboard pop up at the end an option in settings that people could turn off. That way the people that hate it won't have to see it anymore and they can go on with their lives. I don't know if that is possible though because some stuff requires you to hit the triangle at the scoreboard to leave the instance.
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Yet nobody else realizes / see's that except for a small % of players.
  8. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Spends hours of man power designing,devolping and implementing this feature that will bring how much revenue?
  9. Backseid Devoted Player

No.

Then everyone will fight over who gets to pick up, turn cogs, etc.

Would only create more of a mess.

So long as the scoreboard remains as useless as it is, there can be no arguments for keeping it in game.

5 years of this topic, and not one single person has ever once provided even one good reason to keep it.
    • Like x 2
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats because once they added the parser to live servers the only reason people had was to gauge how they were doing and to get better.

Self parser is the key to that now. So scoreboard is no longer needed at least in that regard. But you bring that up and people list 100 other excuses all because its sole purpose is to scoreboard chase and nothing else.
    • Like x 2
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

That's correct.

You can also:

Tell who's not Healing enough

Giving power enough

Spamming Duel Pistols (lol)

And everything else without the Scoreboard.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

exactly its called player observation 101. If you have 1 healer and that healer isnt keeping people alive, that tells you 1-2 things:

the healer isnt cut out to solo heal so grab a 2nd healer

or

the troll may be the problem as I've ran with trolls since revamp who kept me full power as healer, and then theres others who wont use a debuff or SC, and will only burst power every 30 seconds or so lol
    • Like x 1
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

The reason fo my OP was to encourage the teamplay, does anyone else have a different approach to do so?.
    The OP is not all about the scoreboard but rather to team play encouragment, using the scoreboard as a tool to reward ppl following mechanics and teamplay at the same time