Instead of bring back SM why dont take notes from the Mythic+ System...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ala Rebeldex, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This is a thread more oriented to the devs, but at the same time as the objective to start a discussion within the community about the possible implementation of this popular system running on World of Warcraft.

Firsts things first; this is not a thread bashing on SM "per se", as the matter of fact i enjoyed playing that mode in the past, but one of the cons that SM has is that at higher rounds is very time consuming and pretty dull IMO and for people who has limited amount of time to play could be very difficult to finish the highest rounds.

So back to the main subject of this thread, some of you may ask what is the "Mythic+ System"? well, it is "a game mode of content that offers players an endlessly scaling challenge in 5-player dungeons. The system allows players to compete against a timer, similar to Challenge Modes, but has much more lenient times so that the emphasis is on solid execution rather than pure speed."

Mythic+ Overview
    - Completing a Mythic+ dungeon rewards epic gear at a higher base ilvl than any other source besides raiding
    - Mythic+ dungeons have levels; a level 3 dungeon will be more difficult than a level 2, but less difficult than a level 5
    - Enemies in the dungeons deal more damage and have higher health pools with each level your party conquers
    - A higher-level Mythic+ dungeon rewards higher-ilvl loot
    - At certain levels, the dungeon gains an "affix" that changes the way enemies will act, adding additional complexity to the content
    - Each week, players will receive a guaranteed item of loot based upon their performance in the previous week's Mythic+ dungeon lockout

Beginning a Mythic+ Dungeon
    In order to begin a Mythic+ dungeon, at least one player in the party must have a [Mythic Keystone].
    - Set the dungeon difficulty to Mythic before entering the dungeon
    This will force all players to reload their UI, place a ghostly green wall in front of the party, and begin a 10-second countdown timer. When this reaches 0, the wall is removed and the Mythic+ timer begins.

Completing a Mythic+ Dungeon
    As in Challenge Modes in previous expansions, the players' aim is to defeat all of the bosses in the dungeon, as well as a set amount of trash, before the Mythic+ timer expires.
    7.2.5 Update: The way that [Mythic Keystone] updates after completing or not completing a dungeon has changed.

- Keystones will no longer be depleted.
    - Beating the timer rewards the party with a new, higher-level Keystone of a random dungeon, and a Challenger Chest that contains 3 pieces of loot at an appropriate ilvl, plus a chance at more loot for Keystones over 15.
    - If you miss the timer, don't give up!. You will still get the Challenger Chest upon killing the final boss of the dungeon containing 2 pieces of loot, plus a chance at more loot for Keystones over 15.
    - If you don't complete the dungeon in time, you will have a Keystone that is one level lower for the same dungeon.
    A UI toast window will pop up when you complete the dungeon, displaying whether you beat the timer or not. This window also shows how many levels the Keystone is upgraded by if you successfully beat the timer.
    Mythic+ Lockouts

The Mythic+ dungeon system has no lockouts.

- You can complete as many Mythic+ dungeons as you want, as long as at least one player in your party has a Mythic Keystone
    - All completed Mythic+ dungeon runs will award the Challenger Chest of loot depending on the level of the dungeon and whether or not you beat the timer.
    - Even if you've already done the exact same dungeon or level (or both!), you can still receive loot

Mythic+ dungeons do not share a lockout with "regular" Mythic dungeons - they are separate systems. You can do all of your Mythic dungeons for the week and still receive loot from Mythic+ dungeons, and vice versa.

So, what do you guys think about this system? would you like to see something similar on DCUO in the future???
    • Like x 3
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

It's not a bad idea at all, but it was said they don't have resources to implement something simple like SM because of the time it takes to balance, bc of that, i don't really see they implementing this. It needs a entire new system, a lot of coding + the rewards. SM just needs balancing and a new version of a old cosmetic item and they can't do it apparently. It looks like they totally gave up on difficulty content to get more money from the players who just spam replays...
    • Like x 1
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

OMG quit making me want to go back to WoW.
    • Like x 2
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

BFA launches on August 14th :p

This is something I would love to have in DC. I love the M+ system in WoW. It's a lot of fun. With the changing affixes weekly, along with pushing keys, and then the weekly box, it's just a super fun way to do group content. This could also be an alternative form of progression for those that dislike raiding. It's also really awesome to just see your progress. I was stuck doing 10-13 keys, then started pushing higher keys. It's a very rewarding system that would also work really well in DC.

Could you imagine doing a +10 Gorilla Island? There's already such a good base right now with the number of alerts that are out. In my head, it seems like an easy implementation. I know that's probably far from being realistic lol. But I would love, love, LOVE something like this. It would allow those who want to be competitive to push keys while giving people who don't want to, a chance to try harder content or just wanting to run once in awhile for the fun of it.
    • Like x 4
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You know you will return eventually ;)
  6. Harlequin Devoted Player

I know. I always go back.
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

The idea is certainly sound but may require another loot overhaul since Elite gear is bought and not dropped and the items dropped from bosses is shared through out the content. My biggest complaint about the Mythic+ is the over saturation of gear the game loads onto itself that even with the PS3 gone, i have reservations the game could handle all of that.

The way i see it right now in terms of the gear dropping, folks will be getting the same gear style BUT it will have increased Item Level and slightly better stats. But will it be enough for folks? If DCUO brought an Elite+ method to content, I certainly would be all in. I have a blast in the Mythic+ I ran with friends. Of course folks will say the Affixes are artificial difficulty and will dismiss them but those will be ones that need to do better :)

2 of my favorite ones:
    [IMG] Grievous - When injured below 90% health, players will suffer increasing damage over time until healed above 90% health.
    [IMG] Bursting, - Whenever a monster is killed, all players will get a stack of [IMG] Burst which will stack. One or two stacks will not be deadly, but killing an entire pack of 8 packs simultaneously will probably end up killing the party.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I think that the main reason to implement an alternative progression system like this one is to keep the interest of the endgame players who like to challenge themselves and be rewarded at the same time for their effort. Maybe is too soon to talk about the reward system, because that´s the thing that irk the most to the players who play casual and since they dont like this kind of game modes and difficulties they dont want to feel less than the ones playing this mode and getting whatever is the reward for this hippotetical system.
    • Like x 1
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

OK, let's assume you are correct. What happens after you acquire the elite gear or rewards? What challenge is left then? SM offered a pretty good challenge when it first came out, the first couple were very challenging.

The talk about casuals and time played really does no justice being only a very tiny part of the community, like only roughly 60 people plus or minus 10, could even do SM when it was relatively new and the only reason more were able to get past the first few rounds were because of CR differential was in play when it was last released.

I don't disagree that there need to be something to challenge us and the game does lack mystic or epic type content.

The thing is, here in the forums we have a bias towards increased difficulty and truly believe that others share the main view of that.

So we come up with the word casual to reflect those who do not spend time on the game when in fact they run alt's spend stupid amount of wasted time to join groups for content they are not ready for and constantly whine about not receiving awards in a more speedy way.

I could be totally wrong, but everybody know that if they did do that type of difficulty they better have higher stat gear as a reward because no-one would run it but the small group of players ready for that type of challenge.

Again I could be wrong.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Nah never too soon. Idea like this should present an idea of reward too. Casuals (as i am one) can really either join up to do harder content for better reward or sit in their base wondering what everyone else is doing. The option to participate isnt closed off, they'll need to make the choice for themselves.

The next worry I have is the next Episode. With Elite+ content lets sat the gear increases the Item Level which in turn will increase the Combat Rating. How would that fair with the next episode? Would it be raised according to be higher than Elite gear, or will it be raised to be higher than Elite Gear? At what point would the Elite+ gear trivialize the new episode's content? Would say Elite+20 be the starting CR for Elite+ or Elite+10?

Again, Im not disagreeing with the idea, Ive had these talks before on podcasts and streams. Its a system i would like for DCUO but we have to remember to play it by DCUO rules.
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

i get what you are saying, but IMO, the system regulates itself (the higher levels mean higher difficulty, especially because of affixes). I think that the best incentive to run this things would be a slight stat increase but with some interesting procs like the old FoS 3 neck pieces for example.

I mean i would run Mythic plus if i can get a pair of boots for example that had a proc that benefits my role and slightly better stats than the Elite gear of the Episode. And of course base items and Styles would be great to have as exclusive of this game mode.
    • Like x 1
  12. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Awesome time based events. I am sure people will want me to run my mains a troll and a tank, although typically most alerts are done quicker with a tank than a heal. But I know how this community operates and no troll for sure. Also titles, base items, rare styles and pets were cool rewards.