Ingame chat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nogreen, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Nogreen Active Player

Hello, i like to ask something about chat ingame, ever since my first day in this game i been thinking about those spammers.
    Hov can they repeat those shouts so fast?
    I cant even copy paste a single word into chat and cant even find how to repeat something i just tryed to sell.
    Every time i wanna sell one item in tower, i have to write those same words over and over again and it is so anoying when i see those spammers just repeat every sec.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

The spambots are PC based, so they're running some sort of automated macro.

I'm not sure the mechanics involved with a console, but on a PC you can select and copy/paste what you've written with the usual ctrl+c/ctrl+v. You can't copy/paste into and out of the game, but it works inside the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nogreen Active Player

omg, thats so awesome, thanks. Now i dont have to re-write every time i like to sell one small item lol Now i will have less pain in my fingers.
  4. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

In-game Ctrl+A then Ctrl+V is useful for spamming lfgs and trades, but spambots' macroing is just typing the same thing over and over again.
    Which looks funny when you successfully interrupt them with duelling:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Nogreen Active Player

:O Can you duel those bots? That mean we get to kill them? If so, then i know what i'll be doing the next few weeks... :D
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some of them are smart enough to turn duel invites off.
    • Like x 1
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

No for the most part; those bots will have everything disabled or blocked so most will ignore duel and scrimmage invites. However, you CAN use a trinket (like a bouncy ball, a trick trinket or a snowball) against them. I got the snowball throwing feat on one of my alts just by targeting a bot that was forgotten about by a player; I kept throwing snowballs at it until the feat popped! :D;)
  8. Nogreen Active Player

Wait what? You can force players that has it disabled to duel you?
  9. myandria Item Storage

Oh.. that is not what I meant, sorry.

You cannot force someone to duel you if that person has it disabled. Trinkets will not reverse ignore settings but you can still use on a player. For example, if your character throws a bouncy ball at another character then the character getting hit will be moved a few inches. If you use a trick trinket from the Halloween Event on another character that character will be affected by it. Using trinkets on bots is a good way to let them know they have been discovered, as they are usually trying to hide to spam their messages.
    • Like x 1