Information question on Megaserver Crossplay?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

That must be super frustrating seeing posts like from the Switch community and not being able to action any of it because of them or even one of the other partners holding it up. Meanwhile the players are caught in the middle. *sadness*
  2. BumblingB I got better.

There goes my eyes again. LoL

It's sad that they do that when some are probably not bringing revenue to them when less people play.

Thank you again.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Part of that could've been mitigated by a staggered release and keeping the community fairly close together until the numbers are enough to release another DLC (Like T1-T3). But players are dissipating the farther they go up and stop playing, then nobody wants to play a game where your going to hit a glass ceiling the more you gear up. Crossplay can save it, but Daybreak should treat the Switch as a testbed for changes since the Switch doesnt have much to lose, and cant rely on cross-plat
    If content cannot be able to be filled on Switch, implement a way to alivate that problem, and if it works test it out on other platforms
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Having been on the player's end of a similar situation in Galaxies, I'm not sure I'd wish the "testbed for changes" things on anyone.

The server I played on in SWG was one of the first to get "The Battle of Restuss" event, where a battle would end up obliterating the city and turning the ruins into a PvP zone on that planet. The night of the event, quite a few players turned up on both sides and started heading into the city once the event started.

And shortly after, so did the slideshow. :confused: Lag spikes were huge and you'd move a little bit and then get rubber-banded back to where you were a moment before. By the time the battle came to its climax, the server pretty much locked up, at least on that planet. And while it was funky running around with everyone and everything else seemingly frozen in place, it was far from a satisfying experience. Naturally it went better for the other servers as they were able to learn what went wrong and make the necessary adjustments.

The Switch population shouldn't be used as guinea pigs for what the devs might have in mind for the game. They may be a smaller population but they are players nonetheless and should be treated just the same as players on any other server. That's especially true for anyone who's on that server and paying a sub.
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I agree, but for a different reason.
    It's not a good test bed, because of the same reason test server never gets all the problems found. There are just a ton of problems that don't show up on smaller populations and only show up when it goes to the big one.

I also agree that making a live paid server a test one is a bad idea and would push more players away from it.
    • Like x 2
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

US PC\PS is healthy, but EU PC\PS needs crossplay. I'm not even talking about Switch.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Mepps mentioned that latency is the biggest drawback for this.
  8. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Yeah, but latency is better than play on empty server, I guess... + at least merge all EU servers in one will be fine too. Same with US ofc.
    • Like x 1
  9. HMBoyd Level 30

hey mepps personally i don’t mind that all the servers aren’t connected as (at least for US/Canada servers) i’m able to grind on xbox for feats,styles and pvp without having to worry about the massive grind my ps4 account would have to do since ps4 servers are way different than xbox (for better or worse)
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Who knows why they haven't. It could be that they are holding out until they absolutely cannot do regional crossplay. They said it's their discretion on this.
    Wait, didn't they merge both regions for xb1? Unless I misunderstood what you were talking about.
    • Like x 1
  11. HMBoyd Level 30

talking about if they merged xbox with ps/pc and nintendo as that’s normally what i see people ask for when it comes to merging servers
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Then I'm confused. As the US PC/PS version would be the best platform to get your "grind" feats on, because it has the biggest population. I know that the XB1 had a regional merge and I suppose that improved it, but overall, a server merger would help no matter what.

Also, there is no changing characters, you would still be able to play whatever platform you used, so I'm not sure why it would matter PS vs XB1 anyways.
  13. HMBoyd Level 30

US xbox is still small so it’s more used for pvp and early content feats as on US ps servers it’s almost impossible to do pvp (outside of legends up to 99 pvp) and early content feats
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, by grind you meant PvP. Yeah, I haven't pvped in years. I'm still not 100. Its a poop show right now. I can also see xbox more inclusive for overall quality of gameplay there. Understood, bit PvP isn't the only grind and right now PvE is just sad on switch.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

What about cross save? That could alleviate some population frustrations. I'd love to take my character from PS4 and run around on switch then put him back on PS4 when i get home.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

That is more than likely a no on how the accounts are handled. :(
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd take just a flat copy the state of my character and port it to another account so I'd have multiple versions on different systems and then have to level them independently. I'd change the names too.
  18. RaphaelPrime Active Player

It has nothing to do with popularity.

XIV has been crossplay between PC and PS since it launched. There also is no Xbox. It being on Xbox has been in talks for years, and the main issue holding it up from coming to Xbox is likely the same reason DCUO does not yet have crossplay involving Xbox, that reason being, Microsoft requiring an 'opt out' feature for crossplay. Which is not something an MMO wants. This would be the same situation for WoW should it ever come to console. They too would likely have different servers for Xbox and PC/PS.
  19. Shazam Well-Known Player

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-14-is-coming-to-xbox-one-at-long-las/1100-6471467/v
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm, that's a year old article. Is the port for it to Xbox that difficult? I only know how long it took after announcement that dcuo came to xbox and switch, which I believe both were less than a year. But I also don't know how difficult it would be to port to each console, I think dcuo had an advantage as I believe it was built to work more on a console than a PC, which made it easier to transition each console.