In YOUR opinion, what is the strongest DPS power right now?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Drake_DuCaine, Jul 15, 2021.

1. ItsSeven Level 30

Depends on what you're looking for. Prec? Gadgets. Might? Celestial Overall? Celestial

Also depends on the content you're doing, my list is for elite, but for reg, there are a couple more powers I'd add and I'd remove celestial from reg, adds die to fast in it for you to get your damage off.

Celestial is hard to use it to its fullest potential because you need a little bit of favorable RNG and good healers. Amulet Celestial beats everything but you need really good healers since at max stacks, Celestial is ticking you a ton due to the best rotation using 300 and a 400 power cost power and if anything touches you while you do a power, you're dead. It really isn't viable for pug runs, but if you have healers, you're beating gadgets and elec. It's the best, potential wise.

Otherwise, Gadgets might or prec is the best. It's ability to clip, essentially have 12 powers and have multiple supercharges in stealth to make use of EoG make it the best consistently. Mental has stealth but it's best powers are medium-melee range and it isn't as fast as gadgets. You're more likely to get more out of this than you are Celestial. It's a lot more self sufficient than the other top powers and because of it, it's the most popular.

Elec can also keep up and beat them but you constantly have to be on a circuit breaker to do so.

For might, other good powers are HL, but it's super power hungry to where trolls can really only get you from soda to soda unless you have a power troll which aren't a thing in decent groups anymore. Rage in reg content because you can be in melee range for the whole raid and berserk to your hearts desire. Mental for the same reason as rage but you can pull it off in elite since it's mid range. Fire is decent too, struggles a little for aoe, but it's single target is good. Nature is also still good if you can manage your pheromones. Munitions as well but at max potential it does lose out a bit to Celestial, Gadgets and Elec.

For prec, the only alternative off the top of my head I can think of is water because of the extra tick you can get from bubble.

If you're looking to switch, I'd just go gadgets. It's just more consistent and you can use it to its fullest potential in any content.
    • Like x 3
  2. Mertal Defer Level 30

GL damage is high but what is the point if your tapped for power.. doing the regular ST rotation.. And yea Range is pretty bad ranged compared to the top tier powers theirs a reason its one of the most unplayed dps powersets on the game "I swear some people talk to talk."
  3. Mertal Defer Level 30

Glad someone understand this, With most trolls being buff now HL isn't it. For SM groups don't even use a troll a lot of the time. As far as rage go it's great in reg but ain't nobody on the game thinking rage range is good in range.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait, so if that’s the case why am I always top dps as HL???? o_O

Just because you or others aren’t able to find a HL loadout that works doesn’t mean there isn’t one. Unlike a lot of people I actually test A LOT to see what works. People talk to talk? Well people complain to complain
    • Like x 4
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have never been doubled since hard lights hayday, i need to see this!!!!!
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Because any power can be top if in the right hands with the right loadout and arts setup.
    Thats the whole point for me, its why i went quantum day 1, have always been quantum and will always be quantum :)
    Its fun for me and i make it work
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly. People can go chasing metas all they want but metas change. Instead of chasing the scoreboard people should play what they like and learn how to use those powers. This game is one of the easiest games to test powers in. The devs literally gave us parsers that we can change the format off. They gave of sparring targets with league halls that have multiple ones in groups to test aoe. Most MMOs don’t have parsers setup within games and most MMOs that have sparring targets have 1 target by itself. But few people actually want to sit down and test different things
    • Like x 2
  8. Mertal Defer Level 30

Quality of players you run with play a factor in general.. a Person can top the chart with water don't exactly make it good. Players like you hold the game back because you refuse to accept the gaps between powersets is HL a bad powerset? no its not I never said it was did I? and stop assuming your so elite that everyone plays it wrong but you. That is a sure fire way to look really bad when your doubled on a score card and I def have issue logging in to do it. HL has a power cost issue for a fact it does and it should be addressed. As far as the Quantum player can you make it work sure is it on even playing ground as an elite electric player? no it is not that is issues that should be addressed instead of saying I top charts its fine.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or maybe the issue is with you not being able to make it be good? Most players today don’t test anything. They just watch a yt video for a loadout and when they get beat they cry that the power is bad. Unlike most players o actually test powers all the time. I’ve been every power multiple times testing and seeing what works and what doesn’t work. Do I know everything? No, I never said I did. But I know enough to actually be a good dps with whatever power I do use. I’ve also dpsed with HL being one of my main powers. I’ve dpsed with different skill ranged trolls. Some good some not so good. I’ve dpsed with claw trolls and battle trolls. And I can maintain my power just fine with HL. So again. Just because YOU can’t do something doesn’t mean others can’t either.
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Hang on, are you actually saying that there's a low power cost HL loadout that beats gadgets?
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That beats gadgets? Hold on a sec, let’s not get carried away lol
    • Like x 2
  12. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

PVE Light if we talkin Might wise
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You said you are always tops with HL, so I was like....always? Oh well, here's to hoping. I don't play HL but I'm curious to have a look at your guide on it.

I will say as a troll I have encountered 4 main types of HL players. Low SP, bad damage even worse power use, often a lantern cosplayer just trying the power. High SP "crazy clipper" who clips too fast on every move and misses damage, terrible DPS, worst power usage probably in the game (bad mental is right up there though). High SP "Lazy Clipper" who clips too slow or not at all, mediocre to decent DPS actually, minimal power use. High SP "the 1%" they actually know what to clip and when. High DPS, mid to high power cost, but nothing unmanageable even in Buff Build.

I'll also go on record to say that Mental has the highest power costs, not HL. Trolling for even a skillful Mental payer can be a challenge. The first thing most Mental's do is Prison /> Stealth, Push /> Menace, Terror or Flames, and then a 200 or 300 cost as they pop out of stealth. That's 1500-1600 power cost in 1.5 seconds. Only Gadgets can even spend that much that fast, but they'd have no reason to. Bad Earth can be quite power-hungry as well, if people use a good rotation and don't just jackspam, then it's fairly low-to-mid on power.

So, I totally agree that while power costs are a big factor, the bigger factor is player skill.
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My HL is my first alt (second main? Lol) I actually have only ran with one good ( or great) gadgets players and we were even with me ending up slightly above. But I’m very aware with the potential output on Gadgets. HL main damage comes in it’s ST but it’s aoe is. I slouch. I believe ive actually shared my HL loadout a few time in the forums. I haven’t made a yt guide in a long time actually. Not really sure I’ll do more. I stopped doing them when I was temp banned from the forums for a week, specifically the week before wondervese cam out. I mean I deserved it lol. I got heated with change that were coming and my “feedback” wasn’t constructive. Since coming back I haven’t really switched powers and I record on live since I don’t have a gaming pc that I can play and record at the same time. I still do a little testing on test server but after 15 minutes I have to reset because the laptop is and old one lol.
  15. Jonny Active Player

Superspeed precision. Thats what the best superpower is. Then it just matters how much u can roll ur face on ur loadout and if ur supercharge is stronger than neovenom.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Quantum...
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Wouldn't that be Gadget and Fire at the moment ? Not so long ago it was the Celestial, but lately I don't seem to see much Celestial DPS anymore.
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Rage reigns supreme if you're mad.
  19. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

No, Electric. I consistantly out dps everone else just using ObsChill loadout he put on youtube.

And with single target loadout...if you really want more damage with electricity, instead of robot sidekick, put circuit breaker and neo-venom...Then at boss fights, cast them together...they stack.
  20. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

When you count mobility and survivability as factors, Munitions