In YOUR opinion, what is the strongest DPS power right now?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Drake_DuCaine, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I'm munitions and have been for about a year and a half now. I feel like it was really strong when I first started but feels like other powers have caught up now.

In your opinion, what's the strongest power for DPS?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Munitions.
    • Like x 5
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

It's easier to respond what's the WEAKEST DPS power and the answer is Electricity and Water.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Electricity is like super fine :D

Strongest gadget prec, then maybe mental might and munitions
  5. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I can assure you Electricity is a lot more powerful than other powers like Ice or Sorcery or hard light or water or atomic or other powers.

As far as top dps powers you can make a argument for many of them based on your artifacts and loadout. I've been a healer for years so I can tell you Celestial in my opinion is the most balanced power as a healer and dps, the combos can be annoying though. But i have heard munitions being the best, mental or gadgets, and rage is OP if you use the melee loadout
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Or HL? Umm HL is very strong lol. Not really sure why anyone would think it’s not. But I agree about electric. It’s definitely very strong.

Just so you know, munitions is a strong power. Try testing loadouts out see what works little by little until you find something that works. If you are asking because you want to switch I will say that don’t. It’s better to be a power that you actually enjoy than trying to chase OP powers. Just stick pick what you like and try to test things out.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

The problem with Electricity is that there's no melee rotation and there's no power that you can kill adds with low health with 1 hit, for this reason it's one of the weakest but the weakest in my opinion is Water.
    • Like x 1
  8. Anubis New Player

If u don't mind me asking, why do u think water is that weak?
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Water prec is great, water might just doesn't slap.
    • Like x 1
  10. L T Devoted Player

There are a whole bunch of different rotations for Water,,, that all do sub-par damage.

Water Precision lacks a good DoT. One Redeeming thing is you can use Bubble to clip every 12 or 18 seconds depending on the rest of your load out.

Electric depends on the tank and the content. If the tank is pulling everything together, Electric is great. If the tank is doing small groups, Electric is dismal. Except if the tank or heal are spamming EOG supercharges, then Electric is pretty good. I see a lot less of that these days though.
    Yeah. Though Gadgets Might is pretty good also.
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Gadgets. Always gadgets.
    • Like x 2
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

There are a lot of factors in determining the best DPS power so I think it mainly comes down to personal preference. You can put out overpowered damage with just about every power in my experience. You could run meta powers like Rage (Melee) Munitions, and Gadgets. But the difference between them and the other powers aren’t that marginal unless you’re running with amazing DPS players.

I consider myself an above average DPS. usually I could be top 3
    2 in DPS in most elite runs with great players, and no matter the power. I’m top DPS in pugs. That has stayed the same with just about every power. and playstyle.

At the end of the day I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything. Your production won’t really differ as long as you know what you’re doing.
  13. Shalayah Committed Player

I’ve ran water and the DPS damage is actually VERY good lmao.
    • Like x 1
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

If you mean Ebb-Depth Charge-Shark Frenzy clipped with Bubble...
    There's no melee rotation on Water too.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Because there's no melee rotation, to use some melee rotation I need to use forcibly SS powers or Precision.
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

That’s why you gotta be creative. I used Depth charge clipped into Bubble then Waterspouts, Shark frenzy right into dervish. And you could use the Call of the Deep SC or Neo Venom.

Yeah it’s not the most traditional melee loadout, but it hits hard, and it might be only slightly worse than Rage if you aren’t spamming Berserk.

Regardless how good a power is means nothing now because every DPS power is great in its own right. The only place power makes a difference is if you’re in DPS comps. Otherwise you can top the chart with every single power
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Water has a bad rap I think. It's capable in the right hands. Plus dehydrate can crit for 1.4mil on my lowest built toon if it's full but even half filled, I've seen plenty of 650 to800k crits. So build it like you'd build an electric toon, scrap or 200 quislet, and use that often. I'll top plenty of pug groups with her. Trans/ solar/ la mort right now but replacing mort with scrap soon. And I even heal new content with her using those artis and have had people comment "op heals" while i just laugh and say "yeah its cuz of my solar amp"

Edit: I have dps comped everyone I know and have been doing it lately in the duo for some fun with dailies. Have run it every day on my main and while 90% of players haven't come close, the ones that have still lost using any power vs me as sorcery. The one player to beat me, not comping or anything but still, was a water toon that is in obsidians league. Name started with a D, female toon. I wasn't buffed, didnt have league buffs at the time but still no one else has topped me in there since launch.
    • Like x 1
  18. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Gadgets and munitions.
    • Like x 2
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Speaking of dehydrate, you can riptide the SC generator to make dehydrate even more efficient
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Pure powerset wise it's Gadgets. Anything goes, it's Super Speed. Dual Wield and Brawling are better than many powerset abilities, though obviously you still need to use powers with Precision.

If you start to consider ranges, boss vs. AoE vs Boss w/ads, positioning possibilities, other necessary (non positional) mechanics, pet viability in certain encounters etc. etc. Then the best DPS is always going to be the best player with (the right) 200 arts.

When you take two equal players and compare them side by side, Gadgets has the most advantages. And a great deal of range versatility. Rage is excellent for melee, but far enough below average at AoE Ranged, that I would only consider it a top power in specific content, or as Precision (with Super Speed). Same thing with Electricity, if you have densely packed ads, numerous or continuous ad-waves, it's a great power. Against spread out ads and single-target bosses, Electric is not that good. (except as Super Speed Prec.)

The powers with the highest degree of versatility along with damage potential are Gadgets, Munitions and Mental. Extreme potential like you get with Circuit Breaker(elec.) or Berserk(rage) comes with severe limitations in certain kinds of encounters. A lot of this can be mitigated or changed by meta-factors like EoG spam (Circuit Breaker always ON mode), above average tanking (melee restrictions are eased), presence of buff troll and so many other things.

I also think there are a few underrated powers, Celestial and Sorcery both come to mind. In the hands of the truly skillful, Hard Light has always been a great choice. If you're willing to utilize Iconic, movement, and precision abilities, any powerset can do very well in any content.

Anyways, best is always Gadgets. It has the best, fullest, most versatile toolbox.
    • Like x 5