In Dummy Terms Please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JustSome_Chick, Nov 7, 2013.

1. JustSome_Chick New Player

Can someone please explain Restoration / Vitalization to me?

I have looked at the stat guides from Oracles Database and they are confusing as hell. I have asked around and done searches and I just end up more confused.

What do these stats actually DO and who are they most useful for?

Also, does MIGHT = Damage effectiveness of POWERS and PRECISION = Damage effectiveness of Weapons? IF I've read that wrong - what do they ACTUALLY effect?

I don't need long formulas with shortcodes and the like- I just need to know what the stats do, THEN who needs to focus in what (for instance, my t1 30 gadgets is a DPS not a troller, so I'm trying to figure out if I've botched my mods and need to respec my skill points. in fact all of my characters end up DPS no matter their classic role I can't seem to stay back and be a battery or a bandaid even if i want to haha)

Thank you for anyone who can explain the stats without a ton of numbers and codes LOL :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Breakforce Loyal Player

Restoration improves Health healing powers.

Vitalization improves Power regenerating powers.

Resto is the big one for Healers.
    Vit is the big one for Controllers.

Thats the quick and dirty.
    • Like x 4
  3. JustSome_Chick New Player

SO as a DPS in either case, resto or vit would be a waste (ie quantum, gadgets, celestial, electric, etc) because as a DPS I wouldn't be putting out much in the way of healing or power.

Ok, Thanks.
  4. JustSome_Chick New Player

How about Might and Precision? MIGHT = power damage, PRECISION = weapons damage?
  5. BumblingB I got better.

You would want to go for crit bonuses, might, and precision. Order usually a preference and powerset.
    • Like x 2
  6. JustSome_Chick New Player

Cool, thanks. From playing it out my weapons damage is nothing compared to my power damage so, if might = power then I need to pump my might up. Not that it's too shabby considering I just started really gearing and modding (something like 1197 unbuffed) but now I know what i need to do with a skill respec and future mods. THANKS!
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Well, I see you have Quantum and Gadgets which are more might based and Light and Celestial which are more precision based in your sig.

For Gadgets, Might & Precision for your reds is a pretty good idea. Light and Celestial pure precision with precision gear. Quantum you can go straight might.
    • Like x 1
  8. JustSome_Chick New Player

I just read that first post in "The Ins and Outs and Sadness of Being a Controller" thread.

So.. Dominance.. if it doesn't effect how long an enemy stays stunned / controlled for.. what Does it do? Does it still effect how much *I* get stunned?
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Yes, but there are a few exceptions: Earth, Hard Light, and Celestial have the ability to do Precision damage with their powers. For Earth, it's when they Aftershock, and for HL/Clestial it's when they Combo.
    • Like x 1
  10. JustSome_Chick New Player

Ah cool, I have an earth tank (my first attempt at tanking - whole different mindset!) so that's good to know! :) I had no clue about hard light and celestial. So happy this forum exists! I'd be lost without you folks :)
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Dominance is the red-headed child stat that looks suspiciously like the milkman.

• Dominance allows you to do Crowd Control effects (stuns, juggles, pulls, and the like). If your Dominance is high enough, you can do these things to NPCs. The "suggested dominance" in the On Duty description will tell you the threshold at which you can or can't CC things.
    • Dominance, unless you're a healer, increases your shield strength (exception: Ice's Reflect).
    • Dominance, if you're a healer, will increase your base heal amount as though it were Restoration. It will also increase your self-heals in any role.
    • Dominance, will not change the duration of your CC effects right now, but will in the future. At which point, it will take 500 Dom for 1 extra second of control.
    • Dominance, if you're a tank, will play a special role in your damage mitigation. I believe it's a Defense increase for Ice relative to Dom when they use a power, a Health increase for Fire relative to Dom when they use a power, but Earth is a question mark for me ... I think it's Damage Absorption increase.
    • Dominance does not affect how much you get stunned, unfortunately. You have to spec into the resistance skill points in the movement tree to affect that. (btw, you affect something for an effect :p. Just think of effect as a noun ;).)
    • Like x 2
  12. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Haha feel free to ask more questions any time you like, or send me a pm on the forums. I will be glad to answer any questions you have.
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

White numbers are Precision damage, Orange and Yellow numbers are Might damage. Very generally, both generate Hate, Might generates Aggro. To tank, you really need to read a tanking guide.

I think the reason those powersets are exceptions is that they are DLC powersets, so the designers and devs made them fancier. Electricity was supposed to come out at release, but it wasn't ready, so they released it as a DLC later on.
  14. JustSome_Chick New Player

omg I always get effect and affect mixed up. And I shouldn't, since I make half my living doing freelance writing assignments for websites and such ahahha.

Thanks again! More to ponder as I just re-specced my stats and looked at my mods (which are just enough to have me well into tier 2 missions but none are expert mods- and all are on equipment that will change as i progress through these group instances anyway.)
  15. JustSome_Chick New Player

So you just answered a question I keep meaning to ask but hadn't remembered to hahah Very good to know!
  16. BumblingB I got better.

At the moment it works for shields and for tank buffs.

Shields it is 100% Dom + 100% Resto.
    Tank buff is different between each of the three tanks. You get a big defense buff for ice, Earth gets a 1:1 defense buff to dom, and earth gets a 2:1 health to dom ratio.

In the next update, they are changing the way it works cumulatively for stun durations. So 500 dom will equal 1 extra second of stun duration. You still have max stun if you have minimum dom. Spord never mentioned if it is difference or not.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

When I first started playing I did this mistake. I didn't even know about roles and was distributing my points in vit and resto thinking that it'd change something. It's useless.
    I think a "DCUO for dummies" guide would be pretty useful. Maybe I'll start one when I have some time, I just have to remember everything I didn't know. I've learned A LOT since I first started playing. And still don't know some things people talk about here.
    • Like x 2
  18. Poo New Player

I remember not knowing that pressin "T" changed rolls.

I was in my 1st alert and was asked to switch to troll stance. After a few min someone said "just press T". I did, my whole loadout changed, I bugged and left.

LOL!
    • Like x 3
  19. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

I didn't know my stats change when I change roles, I thought it was just a way to save 2 different loadouts, one that I prefer as dps and another as my specific.
    I just learned my dom doubles when I'm tanking a few days ago, I've been playing for almost 2 years.
    • Like x 1
  20. blklightning New Player

To clarify:

Might = yellow numbers
    Precision = white numbers

Many of your powers will start with yellow numbers and move into white numbers. You want to figure out which numbers are doing more damage and buff those up with your stats. That's why some people are Might Based and others are Precision Based. Some powesets lean toward one over the other. Hard Light, for example, is usually a precision-based power, whereas Quantum benefits more from Might.
    • Like x 1