Improbable feats, loot rage, invincible npcs, "Randomness" etc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, May 4, 2013.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

Ok, a few things. 1) Feats that are, if not impossible, are at least highly improbable. Case in point, HT feat in Arkham weekly series. You do 5 dailies and if you're lucky you get some Ivy vines (which only last 6 days). You go into Arkham to do the Hero and theres a feat...you have to use these vines (IF you have them) to entangle 6 specific Heros that spawn in there. Ok, I got Batman, Nightwing and Black Canary. I did see Robin once, but had no vines. Have done this over 30 times and have yet to see Batwoman or Huntress. And now that I've got full T4 dps and healer gear, why go back in and keep trying for 125 MoTs and a piece of armor Im just going to salvage? Oh, and a loot box that drops a Spring Style for a reward that I already bought once and found 2 more times?
    2) Loot rage. Have done every T2 duo about 20 times each and the Catwoman solo over 50 times. As far as I know, Mayan hands are mythological, only upheld by comments from other players who have received them (although those other players are always missing some other Mayan item, usually a belt) I did see ONE piece of Mayan armor drop in the Penguin subway...it was a chest piece, which usually drops from 2 to 5 times every time I run the Catwoman solo. I've salvaged hundreds of blue armor out of those solos and duos. And this is for a style that gives you 10 whole feat points toward a skill point. I suppose you get some MoTs, but as an attempt to complete a style its absurdly tiresome for a miniscule return. Unless this is an experiment in just how much frustration a human will tolerate for the chance at a piece of cheese.
    3) "Invincible" NPCs, usually on Rupture sealing and recently on the Spring event. Im beginning to think these NPCs aren't so invincible, but only that the lag time makes them seem so. Have noticed hitting them 3 or 4 times with no apparent effect then suddenly they're dead. Of course the lag doesnt affect the NPC...they just keep hitting me...and the OTHER reaper or Hazmat guy that appears is hitting me as well. Rarely die but often don't get the fight done within the timed period and have to go hunting another rupture or seed whatever.
    4) "Randomness." It is POSSIBLE to flip a coin 100 times and have it come up heads every time. Every time you flip it, the odds are exactly the same as the last time...50/50. It is possible to roll a die 1000 times and never see a six appear. It is possible to play craps and roll snake eyes every time. However, if you're in a real life gambling situation and any of these events occur, someone is eventually going to get beaten up. I like this game but come on DCUO...If there IS a random generator in your programming it's seriously flawed.
    • Like x 2