Important Announcement: Weaponlord

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Twilight Avenged, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

My character Weaponlord just reached level 30.

[IMG]

His power and mastery over weaponry will devour you all.
    • Like x 2
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Have fun being at the bottom of the scoreboard like the rest of us :/
    • Like x 2
  3. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Speak for yourself. Weapons have been working pretty well for me recently.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

And then you played with competitive dps ;)
    • Like x 10
  5. Rahl Level 30

Lol very nice m8, enjoy and have fun.
    • Like x 3
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Bow/smoke bomb by any chance?
    • Like x 4
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, my villain often blind queues Injustice System out of sheer desperation and I actually seem to have a decent chance of being top when I do. xD
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Oh I get it, all the people I play with are nabs because I'm not struggling :rolleyes:
    And I'm sure 9001BPM on the other hand always plays with the top 1% of DPS and is struggling because of that.
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

My precision Sorc has 12700 base prec. Get guuuud
    • Like x 2
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Only for trivial content. Melee is kind of a bad idea on bosses in elite raids, I'm sure you tried. I'm using Bow Flurry Shot for that btw.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I wouldn’t touch an elite raid at level with someone else’s ten-foot barge pole. xD
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have a hybrid fire toon that tops the charts in the event version of the raids. I could easily say "weapons are fine, I'm on top alot of the times" when I know damn well if my main was in there, the comparison wouldn't even be fair. Comments like "i do fine with so and so" scare me, because the dev could take it as "well this person is doing fine with them, maybe they don't need adjustments," denying much needed balance changes.
    • Like x 4
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

So to summarize. You pug a lot and because everyone else is so bad you actually perform kind of alright with your weapons. And you don't touch the actual hard content where min-maxing could make a difference. What was your point about competitive DPS again?
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I didn’t say that, leave me alone xD
  15. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You're the one asking for changes which means you have to show if and why they are needed - which to be fair you're kinda trying even though I haven't really seen any thorough investigations yet. Doesn't mean I can't say that I don't struggle. And for the record, I use weapons on my main, in elite content that for some reason I consistently seem to beat with a trash playstyle and a trash group.

Weird, I thought I saw you talk about the scoreboard there for a second.
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m just saying that lfg dps tend to demolish me while I stand a decent chance of beating blind queue dps.I believe Fatal is saying the same.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It shouldn't take thorough investigations to know if something is under-performing, simply look at mass feedback. I had a 300 something post thread about weapons, while there was a lot of bickering and arguing, there was no comments in it that said "weapons are fine, leave it alone" or something of that manner. Everyone agreed they needed work.

I've tested weapon builds in raids, against people I know that are good dps, it fell short. I'm sure being celestial and having to rely on movement powers to play hybrid has a play in it, but even as pure weapon spec with WM, I fell short in damage. Could it have been because I only was specced prec with my sp? Mods were still might? Probably, then again i did drink a prec cola to help make up the difference.

On top of the numerous other complaints about weapons, and how you see the majority of people playing as PftT, if that isn't enough to convince the devs weapons need to be looked at, then a "thorough investigation" would be nothing more then a waste of time, which by the way was done by other testers the week before the revamp came out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

You should use DW for ranged. That's the other broken one.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Are you saying there's weapon combos that perform better then others and he happens to be using one of the better ones?

No, that's impossible.
    • Like x 1