Impatient Player Rant

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ElSteele, Oct 17, 2020.

1. ElSteele New Player

Hello fellow DC players. You ever make an attempt to run older content and try to gather a group together for said content but just cant keep players in the group long enough to run it? Yeah, me too! But in all seriousness, there seems to be a widespread issue where players are willing to help one minute but are completely over it and disband the group after a few minutes of waiting while I'm searching for more players. Like why even ask to join if you're just gonna leave after two minutes of waiting because you're impatient? I've literally have gotten raid groups together where I've had 7 out of 8 players and only needed ONE MORE PERSON! and unsurprisingly, after more minutes of shouting for one more player to help with a raid, people got impatient and that 7/8 groupturn into 2/8 which ultimately led to a full group disband and I was down to step one again. I guess they forgot that finding players wouldn't be an easy task to do especially on the Xbox servers. Example; I just hit level 30 on a new toon and one of my main missions was to complete area 51. I posted in lfg and shouted in the watchtower shout chat and of course within 20 long minutes of shouting, I managed to get 2 people to join the 4 player alert out of the 100+ people randomly standing in the watchtower doing nothing but trash talking/emoting, dueling, "(away)", or just standing there like statues. I understand that some players are already in groups looking to run content with other players or some players don't want/need to run the content I'm running which is fine but I know for a fact that every single person in the wt are not doing anything and instead are doing one of the things previously stated. Heck, Its gotten so bad that I don't even ask people to stay in the group but instead just help me queue in the content and they can leave after but most of the time even that fails. Solo alerts and open world stuff I can do by myself but I need feats and stuff from raids and alerts which I obviously cant do alone because some raids/alerts have mechanics that require 4 or more people. Sometimes I even shout to do the some of the old walk-in raids and try to get some high levels to carry me through it but instead I get about 5 or 6 tells from people saying "iT's a wALk iN bRo, yOu dOn'T nEed a FuLL GrOuP" when they don't realize that I'm at level with the content I'm trying to run and will get absolutely nowhere if I go in alone. I get that this rant may be stupid to some and will just write it off by saying "find a league" but its not that simple. Most of the leagues I tend to join are dead and only have about 2 or 3 players (if you're lucky) that log in everyday. Everyone else in the league seems to have forgotten their Microsoft passwords or are just "dead players" because no one is ever on in these leagues that I join so my best bet is lfg and shout chat.