Impaling Ice while in ice dps stance bugged

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by NexGen, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

^ Most people don't have room on their loadouts or the Power Points I would imagine to go and get Imp. Ice
  2. NexGen New Player

No tank would survive the cast time in nexus, lol.

We're getting off topic here - let's please remain focused on impaling ice as ice dps stealing aggro so it might get fixed.
  3. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Oh yea should have mentioned this earlier lol, would be funny especially in the 1st room in nexus ill do it then BAMMMMMMMMMMM
    all bosses lunge me rofl. But I had to keep doing it because it was tickin for 4k-7k haha
  4. Ice Lantern New Player

I thought this was happening to me as well. I just assumed I was imagining things.
  5. NexGen New Player

As ice dps?
  6. Ice Lantern New Player

yes, and I don't mean general luthor randomly coming after me. I mean all 4 luthors in the first room jumping on me.
  7. Anti Bezz New Player

Right when I go ice T.T
    I'm blaming Immortal for not telling me this....
  8. NexGen New Player

Lol, well...he was my test subject as the ice dps. We all knew something was funky with him in general, but we narrowed it down to this specifically. We did the testing the night before this post - Weds night this week.
  9. NexGen New Player

Yup. Definitely. Not random target group attacks...we're all see the whole group do the same peel and swarm. I mainly asked because your sig says you're fire now.
  10. Anti Bezz New Player

Yeah I play with Immortal on the vill side a bunch. T.T wish he would of told me cuz now im ice and we practically use the same exact dps loadout :/ (Was healer so no tank gear all im ready for is dps lol)
  11. Lyndi Well-Known Player

well for one thing a proper ice tank does not even have impaling ice and to get it, they would lose too many of their pure tanking powers ... nuff said
  12. thenewkidd New Player

I have an Ice Tank.. and though I don't have impaling ice in my current loadout.. I do have it purchased and COULD put it in if needed.

If impaling ice currently is such the "aggro getter" as it seems.. I am likely going to start putting it in.
    That is the point of the tank is to get everyone "angry" at the tank to leave everyone else alone...

4 shields and "defense buff" powers, and one aggro getting power and one pull is fine... most use Reflect and Bitter Winds anyway and switch between the two... with the occasional Cold Snap.
  13. Ice Lantern New Player

I change powers frequently. I'm actually Mental at the moment. Actually I've been away so I haven't been on for a little while. And btw, I hated being asked to toss Lightweights and will likely change powersets immediately if I decide to start playing again.
  14. I Need powar New Player

Are you guys sure its a "new" bug? i mean every boss hates me,even without impaling ice i get focused a lot,
    my friend use to say thats its because im doing the most damage, but even when i'm not at the top the boss will
    chase me, A.R.C being the one who never fails to do it even when there is a tank.
  15. NexGen New Player

This is not a scripted aggro reset like arc...this also only happens to ice and after impaling ice.
    • Like x 1
  16. I Need powar New Player

Ok. Thanks, was just checking.
  17. Statman New Player

I'll keep an eye out in other content... don't really have plans to run the new raids, but I'm running lots of other group stuff T4 and below, and dpsing a lot more these days. I'll report back if I see anything funky.
  18. Frozen Pride New Player

I have seen this "bug" first hand and it needs to be fixed.

In fact I am currently in Nexus as an Ice Tank with another Ice as dps. He has died several times after using Impaling Ice and has been forced to switch out his power on his loadout. This is really such an inconvenience and I was actually about to try Ice DPS'ing but it seems that is now the worst idea possible.

Edit: Just finished Nexus. Ice Dps switched out Impaling Ice for Snowball and the "bug" hadn't occured once so the problem is with the Impaling Ice as many have said. While the run was successful, the burn could have been much better with use of Impaling Ice, but oh well. Hopefully this is fixed soon.
  19. NexGen New Player

This exactly. And his dps suffered by switching to snowball, and then the raid suffered. I hate it.
  20. Lyndi Well-Known Player

Inescapable Storm - Pull - Aggro - Def Buff
    Bitter Winds - Shield - Aggro - Def Buff
    Reflection - Shield - Aggro - Def Buff
    Winter Ward - Shield - Aggro - Def Buff
    Shatter Restraints - Shield/Anti-CC - Aggro - Def Buff
    for the 6th some use hard light shield from iconics. i personally use Ice Elemental as it buffs your health and power. it is my oh **** power when my health and power are low.

if you take all of these it leaves 3 power points available. one for the dominance iconic (can't remember the name off the top of my head). one for nanoweave armor (added defense) that leaves exactly one power point left over. and i'm not the only ice tank that uses this loadout. it is efficient and keeps you shielded almost constantly and buffed constantly add to that all powers listed above are aggro powers and i really wonder about your effectiveness as an ice tank if you spent 3 power points that you could use to better effectiveness to get impaling ice, which is a dps finisher and if you are building your tank correctly you don't have the might to do much damage with it anyway even at below 35% health.

but the point of this thread is that in DPS role impaling ice is overriding the tanks aggro and that is a definite bug to the game mechanincs. NOTHING that any power uses should override the tanks aggro.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.