I'm thinking of leaving my league

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Perez, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Jacob Perez New Player

The league I'm with has a over abundance of tanks and 3 healers and even less controllers they are really supportive but at the same time don't want to help anyone if it's not about smoking they don't care is that a good enough reason to leave
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, leave your league.
    • Like x 2
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

and don't forget to do it as dramatically as possible.
    • Like x 5
  4. Jacob Perez New Player

Lol why does it sound that petty?
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if you do leave just do so on decent terms. and be honest about why you are leaving.
    • Like x 5
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, if you want to leave, then just leave, butt be polite about it, and give your reason(s)
    • Like x 2
  7. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

WAIT! Don't leave, this is YOUR MOMENT! Stand up, make a DPS toon and Or Troll. Get it really strong to where you're recognized and rise above their ranks. Then, you kick each and every last one of em. (Evil Laugh) HAHAHAHA

No but seriously, if you're not feeling the vibe, then it's just not for you. Let them know gracefully and be on your way. No need to waste your time in something your not connecting with. :)
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just remembered something: if you leave on good terms, mention you will still help out if they need you
  9. Skandov Well-Known Player

Yeah that typical "I'm gonna show them that I care so I won't be seen as bad person"... But we all know that's bs and just people pleasing xD
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Why is letting people know you will help them if they need it viewed as 'BS'? o_O
    If you piss them off, or 'burn your bridges', then you will be left on your own when you need help
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

I'm the only one in my league.
    • Like x 4
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

if u leave tell them the reason so they known why and not running around with "???" on the forehead
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If they are 'really supportive but at the same time don't want to help anyone' they are not really supportive. You've got 2 options, go troll and become the new popular guy or split. If you split, don't be a jerk, but just let them know you are looking for something else in a league, but don't expect any help later either way. If they are not supportive now, I doubt it will get better when you leave. Not sure why it matters if they talk about smoking...unless you are morally against that, in which case I'm not sure why you wouldn't have left earlier.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Do what you need to for you.

Question though, cause you havent given that much info. Are you new and in need of feats? Not sure why it matters how many ROLES your league has. What do you enjoy playing?

I ask these questions because with artifacts, unless your a real true try hard, you'll only be able to run one role on a toon. That's just how it is now with artifacts. If anyone tells you different, they are full of poop. People are inspecting artifacts now, and I've seen people kicked because of low ranking artifacts. Why don't you make a solid dps? They are needed, and not just a regular random dps you find with queuing random instances. I mean, learn your power and excel. A good or great dps is just as important as the other roles. The league I'm in currently have all the roles they could ever need. Dps is all I'm there for.
    • Like x 1
  15. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A couple of question for you....

You say they have no healers and very few(if any troll) so exactly what do you play? If the answer is DPS only then you are sort of expecting league mates to do some thing you yourself fail to do .. which is grab the armor, artifact, slot augments and have more than one Armory so you or any of them can play both roles.

When you got recruited to the league what exactly did they tell you? or did you even ask? If they had restrictions like many do these days where they won't take anyone who is not at least CR 200 or has at least say 300+ SP ... then they basically are telling anyone that may be interested that they want members but only if they don't have to help them advance in almost any way. I personally get a chuckle when i see these groups "recruiting" because basically they are saying they only want members that have already done most if not all of the hard work before they join the League.

This one is out of pure curiosity... You say no one at all in the entire group has a healer role. So what happens when you all get together and want to do a raid? They just TRY and do it without and hope they can kill everything fast enough to not die ... or do they go out and find a healer.... SO only 7 members can join because they need to save a space for the healer.

Can you be more specific about how they are VERY supportive and yet in the same sentence you say they don't want to HELP anyone? If they are offering no help in gaining say FEATS and SP then basically all they provide in the way of "support" is a pool of players to build a team with and even then for the most part they can only provide DPS and Tanks .

Now as far as leaving the league.. there is nothing anywhere in the terms of service of this game that even says you have to belong to a League at all. There are lots of players out there that don't belong to one and have their settings fixed so they don't even get invites. If a league is not providing you with the things that you, as a player, need there is no rule or reason why you can not quit. Hey first league I joined when I started here turned out to be primarily a group of PVP players. They did run PVE missions to get members up to where they wanted as far as CR was concerned... which meant they had "group nights" where all they did was run alerts and raids..SOUNDS great right? except both me and my buddy (who joined at the same league the same day) had already progressed to where that content was not helping us get better armor and raise our CR and they constantly expected us to stop what WE were doing to join those teams and help raise the CR of newer members. Now add in the fact that they had a reputation game wide as being loud, obnoxious and in many cases cheating while doing PvP .. which made it harder for my friend and I to find teams to do the stuff WE needed. We took about 2 minutes one night to discuss that and a decision was quickly made that the League sucked and we quit and formed our own. BTW that League I just talked about no longer even exists... Apparently the PvE players git sick of their BS and all quit and even a lot of the PVP players left because the League reputation in game got so bad no one would even accept a challenge to duel with the members.

Now if you want to be more polite you could get hold of the league leader(s) and try to have a talk about what you'd like to see more of happen to help support members.... But if you leave that meeting feeling like you've just been told to shut up and just do what your told.. QUIT. Plenty of other league you can join.
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe they meant 'smoking' as in 'burning the mobs down in seconds', and they aren't interested in helping if it means they have to actually work at defeating the mobs
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i was thinking drugs, but maybe that was just my mind going places? then again they may have just meant regular cigarettes, everybody i've ever been around who had or had developed the habit seems to be pretty fixated on them at times.
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...gns-supreme-is-recruiting-new-members.300511/ , also if you need a league here's a nice one I stumbled into, they seem indiscriminately helpful to all their league members so far.
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]

if you haven't had any contractions, conversation or not even talking with them... just leave.. don't say anything .. just leave.

...Or when we try to read our partner’s mind and expect them to read ours, we set ourselves up for unhappiness. Conversations about whether to leave an league OR not.
  20. Conner Frost New Player

Like said before, did you know this going in to the league? Was it explained to you? The league my villain toon is in I knew right away that this league with over 200 toons has zero tanks, zero healers.
    Everyone in my villain league is hard light, so nothing but trolls and dps.