I'm not a fan of the elite.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marine Death, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Marine Death Committed Player

I don't speak for the community. I speak for myself just to get that straight.

I play this game to have fun however the elite raids turned me off.

It sucks having to exclude fellow league members because they may not be up to par to complete that raid. I consider them close friends and it really makes me upset that I have to say "maybe when you get a little bit better". But I know it's not going to happen.

I build up this friendship with my league mates because we been playing together for 4 years. It's not fun anymore when I had to exclude people because there are power types that are not up to par with others. They have real lives and cannot afford 10 bucks to switch powers or they're not as skilled.

The absolutely only reason why still play this game is because friends I made on it. When I start seeing them struggle or not having fun it affects me.
    • Like x 22
  2. FaLeX Dedicated Player

i agree...

[IMG]

&

Nekron said one day he will be able to take me into the Nexus, when I get to at least CR130

something about 1st Shields...or that nonsense
    • Like x 3
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It made money, and i knew it would be back, but thought it would have been a large content only thing. The elite raid was oc all over again as far as power exclusion go. Groups only wanted quantum dps for the most part
    • Like x 4
  4. Juxes Committed Player

Agreed.
    Watch, theres gonna be a glitch. I guarantee you there will be a glitch found out to get the best gear by cheating and also vendor gear is 3rd best (again:rolleyes:).

I can already tell where this episode is headed. Player exclusion....player exclusion everywhere.
    • Like x 7
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

It makes money. Its Elite for a reason, meaning you must be at least half decent to complete it.
  6. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I get it but it's hard to keep everyone happy. There are some, more like many, where most of the content is static. No challenge whatsoever. This includes throne. Makes for a very boring environment. Along comes elite thone. A reason to strategize, exert effort, and options to try and beat content. Earn better gear and bragging rights. Having fun again.

I hope you and your league friends can find a way to participate in the same content. There is more to this game than just elite content.
  7. NightBandit New Player

Very emotional...

I wonder if by your name you have or had anything to do with the Marines and if you think the Marines will let just anyone in who really shouldn't be in the Marines just because their friend who is a Marine is in the Marines...Marines...
  8. Marine Death Committed Player

Are you like 5 years old?
    • Like x 8
  9. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I don't agree with this. I am half decent, and could probably finish one if I wanted to. I don't. I play real games like Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Age or Mass Effect if I want to play a Nightmare.
    I play this game to relax after work. Its controls aren't the best for split second reactions like many single player console games. So, i just don't bother. When I play this, I don't want things handed to me, but I have also 0 desire to beat my head against a wall with 7 other people. That is just not entertainment for me.
    Not every half decent or better player wants that kind of challenge.
    • Like x 6
  10. RealGODofWar New Player

Half Decent? It took people two months to beat it...
    • Like x 4
  11. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I think the devs get that. Elite throne is not mandatory. If you want to try cool. If not that's ok too. 100 gear is suffice even for elite throne so no one should be stuck for gear options.
  12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I avoid the elite content because I just don't have time to commitment to playing as much as is required...
    • Like x 4
  13. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

Not just people. The games best. Pretty cool to me.
  14. RealGODofWar New Player

I'll probably never step into an Elite Raid. I don't have the motivation. I'll step into an Elite Alert though. That sounds like it could be challenging and not time-consuming.
    • Like x 3
  15. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

However, if you look at the upcoming progression chart and listen to the responses Mepps gave, we will have to complete all gear, like in PvP, in order to move on to the next tier and be able to buy the next higher vendor gear. meaning that these new planned "Elite" Alerts and Raids will no longer be optional. I had no problem with them when they were optional. in fact, I defended the addition of Elite Throne for that very reason. They will instead be required simply to get the gear out of them so that I can have the option of buying the next level of vendor gear so that I can run the next level Elite stuff so that I can buy the next level of ... that's what I'm not happy about.
    The game seems to be moving (with WM, AMs, and now this) away from Play Your Way to Play Our Way.
    But, these are just my opinions and are worth what you paid to read them.
    • Like x 6
  16. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I love the idea of an elite alert. Much easier finding 3 other reliable players in the desired roles than it is 8. It was typical for elite runs to take an hour+ waiting for the entire group to login. Easier for non elite cause worse comes to worse you can pug a bit and still not jeaprodize the potential to finish in a reasonable time.
    • Like x 2
  17. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Why in the *bleep* is P.l.a.y..Y.o.u.r...W.a.y. censored above?!
    Guess I can see the direction the company is taking when they censor that phrase :p
    • Like x 4
  18. NightBandit New Player

If I were, that would probably make you a newborn seeing as how I have much better control over my emotions...just saying.

My comment was fair. Your lack of control over your emotions leads you to read it in a negative light rather than an enlightening one.
  19. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

What? Mepps said that we're going to need a full vendor set, not a full Elite set. Besides, the normal alerts/raids are going to be dropping gear the same item level as the Elites.
    • Like x 2