I'm happy pvp turned into just block breaking & WM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 13, 2014.

1. FameYack Committed Player

We could have a rock, paper, scissor pvp mode,
    And you could grind to remove other peoples rock, papers and scissors,
    It could be made so all the grinding be done in PVE,

They would be helpless victims to your awesome PVP(E) grinded powers

It's amazing how exciting PVP is getting into,
    I hope it keeps getting better
  2. XxClavainxX New Player

As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with Enqirer's points (if not the style in which he makes them). For me, the frustration with PvP has always been due to the huge discrepancy in balanced mechanics and gear that would turn many matches into exercises in frustration. Since the new season began, I have seen a huge increase in matches that were decided by less that 100 points and have participated in many that were decided on less than 10 (primarily been running Australia for feats). To me, this level of parity has led to a much more enjoyable experience and allowed me the ability to improve.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The only reason I'm a bit more blunt now than I am normally is because I, and several others have been dealing with pretty much the exact same complaints since, I believe August 17th, as that was when the first "down with GU41 thread" appeared. So it's somewhat tiresome. Especially since a good number of the people.complaining haven't seemed to have watched the SOE Live Keynotes to even understand why the developers went in this direction with PvP. Nor do they understand why it isn't coming back. Disagreements are one thing. Not bothering to get any information on the subject is another.
    • Like x 1
  4. XxClavainxX New Player

I can certainly understand why that would be frustrating. I get a similar sentiment when I have posted on these very forums just to be shouted down by a select group of players without even considering what I wrote. In fact, I think I remember that happening once when I posted the idea of creating a "hard core" mode in PvP that would have implemented many of the changes that just took place. Funny that many of the people who hated that idea are now in support of the current changes......

Either way, I'm just happy to play matches that are competitive and much closer to balanced. Looking forward to continuing to improve that side of my game.
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It depends on how the ideas were represented. If you represented them poorly it should be no wonder people were opposed to them.

And no offense meant, probably was the case.

EDIT: Also suggesting people can't change their minds is closed minded in itself. Not saying you're doing that, but there has been a lot of that going around lately.
  6. XxClavainxX New Player

Absolutely agree people should be able to change their minds. I have even changed mine regarding the counter system since this latest update. Now that they have removed all the extraneous nonsense it seems to be working fairly well (at least when lag is low) and I am getting much better at it. The craziness with the cc's is another story.....

And weather you meant it or not, to say someone represented an idea poorly just because you either 1. assume that was the case, or 2. did not agree with it at the time is a fairly offensive comment. Especially given there must have been some merit to it as the devs have moved PvP in that direction. Nothing is ever wrong with disagreeing or having opposing opinions, that is often how change occurs. It is the way those opinions and those that put them forward are treated that causes many of the negative feelings. This is a shame because you and many other frequent posters have a great wealth of knowledge and skill that is a real benefit to the community as a whole including myself. Unfortunately, that sometimes gets lost in the name calling and finger pointing.

Regardless, the point is, I am really enjoying this latest update and the direction the devs have decided to take PvP. I now look forward to running arenas as opposed to it being a necessary evil. Hopefully future tweaks will continue along this same line of thinking, focusing more on skill and mechanics and less on gear and gimmicks.
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I may have found the post you were referring to. This it?
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...lease-re-reconsider-hard-stubs-in-pvp.208667/
  8. XxClavainxX New Player

Yes sir! (one of them anyway)

But as I said earlier, I have changed my mind regarding the counter mechanics since this latest update. I think removing the swarm of pets, loosing the orbital strikes, and toning down weapon mastery to a point where you are not immediately dead has made a world of difference. I think this has also cut down considerably on the amount of lag in the matches (at least on my ps4, I know ps3 is still suffering) which has made PvP a pleasurable experience.

Again, I think you and many others on this forum are important to the game and to ensuring we have a vibrant and long lasting experience and would never wish to see anyone have their opinion dismissed or shouted down. It is often the case that though an idea may be initially flawed, when people come together in a constructive way often there are great things that can come from it. Except for Crocs, nothing great will ever come from Crocs. They will always be horrible.
    • Like x 2
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Care to link me to the others? I'll take a look and let you know if it was phrasing or whatever that went wrong there :p

Also +1 for the crocs comment.
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Oh I'll confess, I watched nothing, I did read some of the Dev. Notes - but the proof is, as they say, in the pudding, and to be frank? It's varied now. I feel like I'm not just scything endless low tier players until I run into that one 100 CR coordinated team that's impossible to beat : battles aren't just 'pop a crapload of HT trinkets and teabag people' (don't teabag people, BTW - it means you're a ******) and seem to be a bit more dependent on what you've actually brought to the table as a character. I haven't run much new-era PVP with my Tank yet so I don't have an opinion there - yet - but my initial impression of the system is favorable compared to what it used to be.

Perfect? No. A Step Forward, however? I'd give it that.
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

and wow, they censor d*uche?
  12. Echephyle New Player

Droolzzz.
    Too bad you can't play as her...