I'm happy pvp turned into just block breaking & WM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea thats silent from the new metal gear game phantom pain
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You're completely allowed to have and voice your opinion. My entire point is that even before this update was on test, we've been hearing the same feedback from your side. It got shot down by players before the update was on test. It got shot down on test when we had the facts to back it up. Now it is being shot down by developers. You need a new argument. Everything you've said we've been hearing for months and the arguments were beaten into the ground.

This is another argument that has been heard for a while now. This update was designed to specifically make the PvP in this game more competitive and balanced. It lowered the ceiling for entrance which clearly has attracted new players and brought back old ones.

It's also been beaten into the ground that having 2 versions of the game's PvP will divide the PvP community, effectively making it smaller.
  3. PawnofDCUO New Player

That's your opinion and you certainly are entitled to it, but what I painted in some detail, was very different from what you described. I am not after some easy win over a lesser opponent. Nor is the present system too much for me to handle. I just personally enjoyed the days when you would just about have someone beat, and then they would find a "gimmick" you didn't expect them to pull out, and snatch victory away from you... or you'd have a beast player in front of you that was totally destroying you, and you were able to pull off the upset. The art of surprise and fear of the unknown has been lost in the current version. I want arenas where its no-holds barred fighting. I bring the best I got, you bring the best you got, and we can see who can blast the other off the face of DCUO.

I really dont see whats so difficult about allowing both versions of PVP to exist. Que times? Well, if you were really worried about que times, then you wouldn't be telling individuals to go play in the open world instead of PVPing (not you personally...). Fair matches? Sure, some fights in the version I recommended could be one sided. So too, in the present system. The current system is still quite capable of having one sided matches, skill points and weapon mastery, combined with advanced counter mechanics knowledge, will wipe the floor with a new player every time so please stop pretending like everything is great with the current system and that its fair.

This is just a personal preference. I'm sorry you dont like it, but there really isn't anything you can say that will change my opinion.
  4. PawnofDCUO New Player

Thanks for acknowledging your mistake. Have a great day.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

but here is a flaw in your logic PVP in a ballanced arena cant have suprises as you mentioned as they arent fair to all as you might have home turf and another player doesnt have that DLC so cant have utility belts or base mods or supply drops are any of those goodies so starting right off the bat one player has a unfair advantage. not conductive to a competitive environment so totaly agianst what PVP is all about.
    and your argument about new players getting wiped by a skilled player is off base in the fact that now with the current system they are still entering the match on a lvl playing field they might not know mechanics but they do have access to them and the knowledge of how to use them here on forums and in the lvling of the game its self..... and stats and SP are brought up to high end player lvl upon entering a match now so even that advantage has been revoked .
    PVP should offer the most balanced experience it is capable of being. no matter what people want to have or aquire in game is moot as it should be about creating equal footing putting players in a match with the same tools and then seeing the results of the outcome
  6. PawnofDCUO New Player

I would counter that there is little in PVE to do at the moment. The influx of population to PVP will dwindle as players realize the length of time required to obtain gear has been drastically increased, and new content is released for PVE, but you probably dont care to hear these same tired arguments either.

As far as two versions, and dividing the community goes, that's a complete assumption on your part. One could just as easily assume that by bringing back a version that a sector of players like, more individuals would be in PVP content, and thus que times would actually decrease... neither assumption could be proven true, unless its tried.

Personally, I think a dual system, would show in the long term, that the highly competitive, equally matched opponents iteration would be less popular than the version I suggest, where you can just walk in and play with any gear, trinket, mods, etc. you may have... certainly under my version, players would feel "STRONGER" as they were allowed to progress naturally through the game, and not be handcuffed by arbitrary rules that allow a brand new player to keep up with someone that is well skilled, highly equipped, and uber moded.
  7. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Something tells me you lack knowledge if you really think support roles aren't needed in this update.
    • Like x 4
  8. PawnofDCUO New Player

I may have those items, but perhaps my opponent has a snowman trinket, that I dont have... or an OMAC, or is modded better, or has better gear, more skill points, or better understanding of PVP counter mechanics. It's ok for the matches to not be equal footing. Players know that on the front end when entering these "death matches" for lack of a better term, sure you would take steps to try and keep it as level as possible, but sometimes your just gonna get stomped.

I agree competitive PVP should be a balanced experience. This isn't that. It is the opposite. Its a progressive version that allows you to get better, and stronger as you advance through the game, acquire more items, and build your war chest... not all the sudden weaker because a new season starts... it would never reset, start over, and players would only loose all their stuff, if they delete their toon.

thanks for reading.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

your idea of PVP is what lead people away from it to begin with. the unfair balance between a new player just starting and the old player who has acquired all the goodies.. and I dont feel weaker and you will notice that all the major PVP players like these changes not because they can no longer use all their toys but because they want the challenge of fighting someone on equal footing not relying on gimmicks but just their own reaction time and skill. sure as healer i cant live as long as i used to be able with all the stuff but that was the point.. they arent going to add the stuff back because it was removed because they realized the imbalance they had created and wanted to start over.. you arent being punished you are being gifted with the chance to improve yours and others skill with out having to rely on cheep tactics that some have and some dont. take this time to improve and get to a point where you dont need all that stuff and when they do add pieces of it back it will only be a enhancement to your ability not a reliance
    • Like x 1
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You can play them out and maybe you'll bring something new to the table. Like I said, everyone can voice their opinions. However PvE and PvP are separate game modes. So apples to oranges.

No. That is not actually an assumption. The developers have clarified the reason we only have so many PvP instances we can queue into at one time is because the more there are, the slower the queue times are. They've done that several times actually. Adding another mode of PvP would only expand upon that issue. Not to mention there was a bug a while ago where you could queue for more maps than normal in PvP and it was removed due to it, aside from being unintentional, slowing down queue times.

See above as to why that will not work/happen. Now you're the only one here working under assumptions.

This type of post, as well as the bit in orange above shows just how little people such as yourself listen to the devs. They said they will consider adding more items, such as consumables, back into PvP if there is a demand for it. Just now they will be items specifically created for PvP.
  11. PawnofDCUO New Player

I've played the game for a while now, including both PVP and PVE, and I the biggest turn off I can remember was for the removal of something.... gear.

For a majority of players in PVP, was the loss of gear when "seasons" started. The population plummeted when this happened and players refused to return.

Again I have no problems in competitive PVP, if you wish to call it that, but IMO, there doesn't have to be just one or the other... something like 80% of the player base doesn't PVP at all. That's a ton of folks whom either refuse to play PVP, dont like the format, or may are just disinclined to constant changes and removing of items in the name of "balance" and "competition"...

Some folks just wanna have fun, a lighter, more open format to enjoy what they have acquired in the game without it always being removed from consideration.
  12. PawnofDCUO New Player

Ok I'm old, my eyesight is bad, and these colors hurt, especially the red. I realize the intent, in my case, it actually makes it more difficult. To make it worse, I had a nice little rebuttal typed up for each of your points, only to loose them due to an update... so unfortunately you must suffer with a shorthand version of my thoughts, you may actually thank the computer gods for this.

PVP population in comparison to overall game population is pretty limited. What, something like 30% of the player base? That's an awful lot of folks whom still dont like your version of PVP despite several seasons now...

I realize the concern for splitting the population between two versions of full PVP. I also realize, that more players drawn into PVP, should help reduce the que times. A full fledged secondary PVP system, may not work at this time, due simply to the numbers. I concede that. So instead of saying no, no, no, no, no to everything that I am saying... lets stop, take a step back, and see if we can compromise and coexist in some manner...

Coexisting Format:

Competitive PVP:

I would recommend your precious PVP stay just the way it is, you can mod it, change it, continue to strip it down and everyone run naked for all I care, basically you can do anything you want to do with it just as you have been doing each season.... Happy? Poof done. See how easy I am to work with? Next...

Non-Competitive PVP:

We will call my version Survivor Mode Versus... it will be a temporary event between PVP seasons. It will be no holds barred format, and players will be allowed to bring and use everything they have earned in ANY area of the game and "compete" against other players whom may or may not be as equally geared.

The format and objective can even change from versus event to versus event, assuming it proves popular... Two quick ideas is a "king of the ring" style, where last man standing "wins"... the other is more of a royal rumble format, where the event starts off with two opponents, but at certain intervals, a random teammate is selected to join in the action. Basically the event will be a like a muti-player-duel mode, no restrictions applied. You could have players in mixed geared, modded, extreamly skilled, or lacking in all of the above, facing off. The event size could consist of anywhere from two to 8 man teams... lets face it, if its one on one you might as well just duel.

A score board will be established for the event. It may last the duration of the event, and be comprehensive of anyone whom has tried to play the instance. So you can have daily, weekly, top DPS, heals, trolls, most damage in, etc. and individuals can see how they stack up against others....

I am open to ideas to improve upon the thought of this. Out0right rejection without merit isnt desired.
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If you watched the SOE live Keynotes the reasons why this idea won't work and the reasons why the developers won't implement it should be blatantly obvious.

In short: The developers don't want stat based PvP. They want it to be where skill with the combat mechanics is the biggest factor and your idea goes against that ideology.

Also the idea of having other PvP game modes for this stuff was discussed previously.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well im sorry I guess you will have to look for another game for your PVP needs because this is the environment we have now and most of us dont want it to change we dont want some lighter format we want a competitive environment which beyond the CC issues is what we have now after the dev's finally listened to us. so good luck but sorry its not changing anytime soon
  15. PawnofDCUO New Player

I attempted to address every concern you had, I took it outside of PVP completely, limited its availability, reduced it to a single event, and removed the "reward" mechanic that would normally follow a PVP match, and finally drummed it down to the point to where it may not even need much of a development team... Those were huge concessions on my part for something that would be completely out of PVP season and not even linked to your version of PVP while still fulfilling our desires...

I had hoped you would be more open minded to my thoughts, but I really think you are scared more individuals would find the faster paced, run as you are, bring all your toys and use anything you like, extreamly more fun to play than pew pew, I'm weak as a new born kitten format they are going to... since you really aren't open to anything in terms of compromise, I and others like me dont really have any other choice than to continue to try and overcome their shortsightedness, and voice our displeasure with the way PVP is and what we dont like about it.

The new season offers a few things I really dislike. For starters players must spend in game cash on everything in the game except for entrance level PVP gear, what was wrong with the cash gear? Its bad enough players can play PVP for free forever and basically never contribute financially to the game, completely void of any real world money transactions that would help the game survive and thrive, instead PVPers are allowed to be leaches that such the life blood out of the rest of the game, and now not even contribute in game dollars for their initial enjoyment?

Second, sodas should never auto refill without cost. See above. Leaching again. Even a noob off a ship has to buy his own sodas, PVP players cannot afford to buy their own drinks? What is this DCUO welfare? If you have bottomless sodas in PVP, we should have bottomless sodas in PVE.

Third, if your gonna have a PVP phase in game, that PVP soda and trinket you got, should work in that phase. Whats the point of having a PVP phase when all of your PVP stuff doesnt work in that phase?

Oh, right, separate PVP and PVE completely... well then why do you offer to have a PVP phase in PVE? There should only be a PVE phase... you have all but eliminated the need for a PVP phase in the game. Simply give everyone their diamond heist wins and feats, and do away with the phase.

Fourth, did I read correctly in another post in this thread that skill points are also bumped up to a certain level for entry level players? So now instead of just free stuff, you also get the advantage of not actually doing things to earn skill points? SMH. When are the give aways to PVP players gonna stop? Everyone should have to earn their skill points if its true.

I could go on and on... I'm sure all of these things have been discussed, addressed, and kicked around the block in some back alley dealings... I'm sure you were there, I'm sure you contributed greatly and directed the conversation toward your own personal desires. I have no doubt. I simply wish they would occasionally listen to the other side of the coin instead of the same handful of players that are always dictating to the rest of us the game we get to play.
  16. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Yeah - the sniper Quiet in a cut scene. CANNOT WAIT.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You really didn't watch the SOE Live Keynotes did you?
  18. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

I they wan't balance in the game then why introduce new gear?
  19. Sabigya Steadfast Player

To feed horses who want carrots. That is pretty much the only reason the new gear was put in.
    Obviously the carrot was not large enough to feed some horses.
    • Like x 3
  20. ILike2Vape Well-Known Player

PvP has been broken for a very long time and it's only getting worse. I still can't get over the fact that they have a special very rare trinket made just for PvP that we're not allowed to use in PvP. It's a complete joke.