I'm happy pvp turned into just block breaking & WM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 13, 2014.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Players are upset that the gear earned through pvp is being knkcked down, even if it's minimal
  2. PawnofDCUO New Player

I figured you would like it. So how many would you have exactly? 30? Ouch weapon mastery would be rough...

There are two trains of thought on the subject. You are on one. I am on another. You want bare bones, no difference in anything, and I simply want everyone whom comes to the party, to bring everything they have and lets see who wins...
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

What hard work is there exactly in getting PvP gear?

How exactly did they "earn" said gear?

You can get the best PvP gear without ever having to hit anyone back.

Go to open world PvP then.
    • Like x 2
  4. Joykiller Dedicated Player

This would involve having fun, which in DCUO, is often compromised for the sake of competition. I mean, isn't it fun to drop your snowman trinket in a fight and have your opponent run around in circles not knowing how to react? Sigh.
  5. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I think everyones issues could be resolved with a simple tweak of power costs, slight healer buffs and remove stat clamps (except for crits)

3 simple steps imo which won't really compromise gameplay and balance

EDIT: Also buff the marks according to the content accordingly to give more options*
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I feel like you quoted the wrong person :p
  7. Lawlessworlddc New Player

Yes, yes to this. JOY :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Lawlessworlddc New Player

This, he got you there :eek:
  9. Lawlessworlddc New Player

It's not minimal. Gear tiers are BEYOND close atm.
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

yep wrong person... #phonefail
    • Like x 1
  11. Sabigya Steadfast Player

To everyone.
    There is no entry level gear, the first set of gear costs valor.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheWhiteFace New Player

Supporting this, there is still strategy in PvP. However, it's based more on counters and conservation of power consumption.
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You forgot depending in PvE items and stats to win. Wait.. that was pre41 nvm.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheWhiteFace New Player

*WhiteFacePalm

It's not about entitlement, it's about PvP being a sport. I think I helped a little with the anti-entitlement stuff... I don't give a care about better gear. I care about PvP being a fair sport for all people. I want all people who are interested and willing in participating in PvP to show their true skill and their passion/interest in the sport.

It's basically an advanced version of RPS which I find interesting, even if other MMO's have done it DCUO may do it just slightly different. I like people like you who can take an idea that everybody looks one way at it and invert it yet still retaining it's validity/truth. Still though, my counter-entitlement argument still stands.
  15. TheWhiteFace New Player

I have a slightly better idea than that... Why don't we create some match-making for Free Gear (any tier, any level, any equipment, ect.) arenas so that players have more choices for location and game-mode? Doing this means that we would not be confined to open world areas in DCUO for Free Gear, "arenas."

Did I reply you my KoD idea and/or my bare-bones idea? Doesn't really matter. KoD is, "Kinds of Duels" and the bare-bones idea is an arena with no WM, no gear variation at all, no powers, custom characters (your character), no consumables, no trinkets, nothing. Just the counters. KoD offers up different types of duels, like PvP gear duels, PvE only gear duels, any gear duels, and bare-bones. KoD goes hand in hand with bare-bones. In fact with my idea/suggestion in the above section you could call it KoP for, "Kinds of PvP." Which would specifically and obviously be for arenas.
  16. PawnofDCUO New Player

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You dont have to like mine, and I dont have to like yours, but what we shouldn't do is alienate the player base or the community by being so closed minded and self centered that we fail to take into account the other parties interests.
    Everyone is entitled to play PVP, even if we fail to like the present format and favor something with a lot more variety in terms of player interaction and ability. Your comments are counter productive here IMO, and basically non-constructive when it comes to developing the PVP player pool, I wouldn't openly suggest to anyone to not play, it shows great weakness on your part, and a true lack of desire to see the PVP community flourish. I know that cannot be your intent.
  17. TheWhiteFace New Player

People aren't entitled. They're free.
  18. PawnofDCUO New Player

This would be the opposite of non-constructive. The individual took ideas and suggestions based on a variety of players and at least attempted to appease us...A lot better job, then simply telling everyone to not play PVP...

KUDOS WHITEFACE.
    • Like x 1
  19. PawnofDCUO New Player

Thats debatable in many parts of the world, back on topic.
  20. TheWhiteFace New Player

Thanks. (There's always the like button too.) Do you guys think I should write a thread about this? I have like 2 threads I want to create for PvP and I don't know if I should. I'm not really the most knowledgeable about PvP like the Enquirer or Sabigya. So I'm a bit hesitant to do it because of well... Just that. I'm not really that knowledgeable. That doesn't mean I can't/won't learn, but still...

But of course! I always get off-topic. Which is obviously one of the reasons why I'm still an active member. That and I haven't contributed all that much like the Enquirer or Sabigya. So therefore I don't get a whole lot of likes.:p