I'm happy pvp turned into just block breaking & WM

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Nerf Everything, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

Is this what they call balance pvp?? It is do bad now, I just laugh when I'm in a arena.
    • Like x 2
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

What was it previously?
    HT spamming, Power spamming, Heal spamming, Tank power spamming, Ht trinket spamming.
    • Like x 7
  3. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

The old pvp you actually had to know how to. Every role had & objective. Now it's just trash.
    • Like x 3
  4. Joykiller Dedicated Player

PVP is now like everyone getting to bat in T-Ball - everyone is equal and we all get to feel good about ourselves! At some point I believe they'll just give you the same amount of Marks for winning or losing. Keep everyone happy.
    • Like x 9
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well that's what happens when someone cry's about pvp they nerf this or that as fast as they can it's funny you don't have to pay to pvp and they spend so much time messing around with it just imagine how better this game would be if the same focus that is put on pvp was turned to the more important issues in the game .
  6. Nerf Everything Well-Known Player

Also I forgot to mention after you make your guy as strong as possible to just get nefed when you enter a instance.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You make your character "strong as possible" in PvP through PvE.
    • SP
    • Mods
    • Trinkets
    • HT Trinkets
    • HT Mods
    • Even some gear pieces. [Ring of OP, Neck of OP] etc.
    • Like x 3
  8. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

I take it that you have been exposed on your countering skills?
    • Like x 3
  9. TheWhiteFace New Player

There's a good chance of that. However... Should we really be laughing at these guys? Or rather pointing this stuff out and technically being a bit inconsiderate even though he posted the thread in the first place? Nah. If you didn't aim for that in the reply then elaborate.
  10. Ninja'd Dedicated Player

Telling someone being "exposed" isn't really being inconsiderate, but if you insist there are many more ways to say it tactfully instead of being straight to the point. To be fair unlike other threads that stated their opinions on specific game mechanics; this thread doesn't have criticism on any game mechanics from the thread creator.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheWhiteFace New Player

I guess that's a fair point. However it kind of is being a bit inconsiderate. It's only inconsiderate until you ask/inform the person if it is ok. Perhaps you should have asked him that specific question on a P.M.

Anyways... This is getting a little silly and off-topic. I would like to leave that to the Funhouse, but we all know the Funhouse wouldn't allow this kind of commentary or rather discussions. So... Why don't we talk about ways to fix the CC, or rather direct some people to a thread about ways to fix the CC?
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Because its already going into fixing. It just will take a while due to it touching fundamental code.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheWhiteFace New Player

That doesn't exactly mean we just stop with the discussion.
  14. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Noone is stopping the discussion. Players would rather complain about how their stats are not OP anymore and how their fav map's marks changed rather then pressing CC issues that affects PvE and PvP.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheWhiteFace New Player

But of course! However I was talking about the CC discussions specifically. I know why some aren't talking about it. :D
  16. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There are many, just buried under those said threads. The "main" one being linked in my sig.
  17. TheWhiteFace New Player

Yes, yes, yes... There we go. Direct or link the threads to the people of this thread. Since it's not pressing the true issues of course. However when you said,
    I took it like as if you thought there wasn't a reason to keep talking about CC. Unless that's what you truly think then by all means my apologies!
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

The ONLY issue I have with current PVP is the over-reduction in Heals and Shields (or other mitigation options) for Healers and Tanks respectively.

How anybody could enjoy PVP in the state it was before GU 41 is beyond me. Arenas were an absolute joke with people rolling out in full PVE gear, literally able to 1 or 2 shot people with ease. Before, it was run out, get some WM combos off, kill someone and then get killed without being able to really put up a fight. Now we're more balanced to how we were before WM was introduced. We actually get to fight, actively counter and think about what our opponents are doing instead of just blindly DPSing.

Not to mention how absurd the HT mods and trinkets were. Target pollution is no longer an issue (at least less of one), certain mods like the tumbling master mod that were exploited to an extreme extent are no longer available, etc. This update has only 1 issue, heals and damage mitigation (by tanks). Everything else is fine and arenas are as good as they have been in months.
    • Like x 5
  19. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This is true, but just removing pve from pvp like they did would have been enough. Tbh it's not needed right now, any player could go in with any gear, granted it won't have any op stats like players who had on pvp gear, but a player can still que in pvp gear and compete. The ht mods and pet/snowman trinket should have never been allowed in pvp. To make all gear mirror each other was just tomuch imo
  20. ThunderlesStorm New Player

How did this thread go from pointing out that everyone seems to want to just spam ranged WM and is now about cc effects? Back on point, yes, the ranged WM spam is getting a bit ridiculous. I've had to go out of my way to locate and interrupt players the whole match.