I'm glad some people don't like the update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 27, 2021.

1. MrWood Well-Known Player

Yeah Demon doesn't play the same game as everyone else. He generalizes a lot and sums up the wrong answer for the wrong grouping a lot.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Those are really 2 bad examples. Both Coke and MS are going strong, which might be what DBG is counting on. That no matter how many they tick off, there will be more to replace them. Until there is a Pepsi or other truly competing product, like a real Marvel MMO, it's likely in the end things will work out fine for DBG. The only real difference is does DBG have the deep pockets of either of those 2 companies to weather a storm if people do leave in droves?

BTW...as you and I are not likely to leave, the company staying strong is still a good thing. Again..no matter how much I personally dislike the changes and forced aspect of them.
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I never meant to imply that I was happy with the changes.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No I know you are not. Just saying if DBG ends up like Coke and MS after burning their customers with their failed initiatives, the future for them is bright indeed.
  5. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

google this. should find an article to read. I can't link it on the forums because of their blocking it. Just tried in the funhouse and links and using the www's name was blocked.
    Q2 2021: What the heck is going on at EG7 and Daybreak and who the heck owns Cold Iron
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? Coca Cola had to backtrack within 3 months and bring back the original Coke with Coke classic.

No one replaced anyone.
    New Coke lost a LOT of customers.... Coke had to backtrack to bring their customers back.

Yes Coke are still going strong.... but they took quite a hit with New Coke and would not be here anymore if they had not brought the Real Coke back very quickly.... New Coke was completely discontinued in 2002.

New Coke was one of the worst idea any company ever had...... until the Clamp of course. ;) ;)

You would think that people would have learned from the New Coke disaster.... but we see companies trying the New Coke strategy over and over.... and fail every time.
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

??? If they follwed Coke's example as you suggest to get a bright future as you say..... they would need to do what Coke did and backtrack right f**ing now.

Will they?? We shall have to wait and see. :oops:
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

check the plumbing in the Daybreak building for lead pipes! Nevermind, just a result of generations of homes using lead pipes.
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

They didnt, some fragile users will take a single update where something changes where they will completely check out the system. NGL not really feeling bad for several people such as those saying "Its my right to trivialize this content with everyone in it"
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I took OPs advice. Wasn't bad.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like I said, I didn't know if DBG had the resources to weather the storm....if there indeed is a storm. If they did not...and there was...I'd guess you are right.

From many responses, some are happy with the update....so likely it's not as bad as the New Coke rollout. I'm not holding my breath for any rollback announcement anytime soon.
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

This will be my final take on the subject matter.

The clamp, just like every major update DCUO has had in the past will receive major backlash. Especially when players were used to a certain system for a long amount of time. It’s normal. Do I think DI will be f’d because of this update? Not really no. The update just came out and I do think that things will die down once new content actually comes out. This is all just a major overreaction to a very minor situation imo.

The main argument I continue to see from players that aren’t into the clamp say that they don’t even want to play old content. Meanwhile they don’t have to. That’s why the max CR increased by 5 instead of 10. This current “episode” is just something to do until the new episode comes out. That’s how I think about this update tbh. If you have no desire to run old content guess what? You don’t have to. Nobody is forcing you to. The argument just sounds like “I want to trivialize content” If you have no reason or desire to run old content. Then do what you did pre clamp and don’t run it. Seems like a simple solution right?

While I do enjoy the clamp myself. I can’t speak for everybody and in updates especially like these. The community will be divided it’s expected. When you change a fundamental aspect of the game you will always be met by backlash. A lot of people don’t like change at the end of the day but I do think that in the long run. An update like this will lead to a higher skill level of the average player but you never know. I just think it’s too early to call the clamp a fail when it just came out. Y’all will most likely forget about the clamp because new content should be here in a few months.
    • Like x 4
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I know that this is not precisely the topic here, but as for "leaving" the game, that is a choice only an individual player can make. IMO it borders on disrespectful to say "If you don't like it, take your balls and bats and go home"

And NO, I am not saying it was the OP's intention to be nasty or disrespectful. It seems as if this is just the way people debate in a society where politeness and a willingness to see other points of view as valid has become a sign of weakness to so many people.

It also short circuits productive debate which more often than not leads to good ideas from both sides

As to the game, as a Launch day player, I have seen many players leave over a single DLC. It happened with replays, WM, AM and even because players just didn't like the then current DLC gameplay or story line.

In the early days, I saw most of my first league leave over replays. They were all nice people and good players. But they saw that as a game breaker and left. I saw it as something that was optional and stayed. I wasn't "wrong" and neither were they. It was individual choice.

I was never a fan of CR differential. My feeling was that it dumbed the game down. But there was enough that I still liked about the game that I kept playing and eventually CR differential went away.

I would caution against leaving over a single change UNLESS it breaks the 51-49 rule. If you are having fun more than half the time, I would suggest sticking around. If you are enjoying it LESS than 50% of the time, it may be time to move on. It is after all, only a game and there are many other GREAT games out there to play.

At the end of the day, only the individual can decide whether to stay or go.
    • Like x 3
  14. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed. The stat clamp is what brought me back after 4 years away. I'm loving roles being needed to complete content again. I have missed my friends here.
    • Like x 4
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

There won’t be a rollback at all. This is the game going forward. All that will happen is some fine tuning on the stats clamp, hopefully. As it stands now with everything, the stats clamp, the new membership rewards, the revamped Journal…, I’m not a very satisfied customer at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

We don't know that for sure.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

In the next DLC i hope they give you guys something good. Since this update really did address a few big "big ticket" problems for me. Im once again sharing the word about DCUO \o/. So heres to hoping the DLC makes up for this one.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The server population spikes with every major update, no matter how popular or unpopular that update is.

Again, you are claiming with no evidence that " players that hated the game now enjoy it". That's anecdotal at best. It's like saying that "9 out of 10 Taliban members are happy that the Taliban now controls Afghanistan". That doesn't prove it's a good thing. It just proves that the people who advocated for this change are happy with what they advocated for. That's obvious and would be entirely expected.
    • Like x 1
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

well since you like this update so much, you will soon learn there are things called scripted attacks. No matter how good the tank is, they will loose aggro during that time. Soon I will be hearing people complaining tank is not holding aggro for Brother Eye.
  20. TheDrone Well-Known Player

So, ONE player says he likes it and that proves that it's popular. By that logic, I, as a person who does not like this Update, have proven that people who liked DCUO now don't like DCUO because of this update.
    • Like x 1