I'm glad some people don't like the update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 27, 2021.

1. MojoDuul Active Player

I have been enjoying the stat clamps and yes there are people in the forums who tell other people to stop playing and there are pve players who want pvp removed from the game sadly.
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

If you can provide the data to back these claims that would be fantastic, otherwise this is just anecdotal evidence. A fact is something that is proven to be true, claiming that players who hated the game are now enjoying it, is not a fact. Again that is just anecdotal evidence coming from your personal experience and doesn't represent the rest of the community or player base.

People on the forums are very quick to use anecdotal evidence as if it was factual and that's foolishly dangerous.
    • Like x 2
  3. JSnaples Committed Player

So you are telling me non of the criticism is valiid at all? Also wtf does someones name have to do with their opinion? You sound extremely ignorant acting like peoples opinion only has value if they have an "OG name" this stat clamp is trash and you are lying to yourself if you dont say the receptions are very mixed to say the least
    • Like x 1
  4. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

*hand raises as well*

I'm having the most fun I've ever had in DCUO since I started back in 2012!! (^_^)
    • Like x 6
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I quoted what you mentioned and my comment was directed towards that specifically, not what you said previously.

Your points are not facts, there's no data to back your claims whether you like it or not. I don't agree with anyone in particular in this thread but throwing around baseless claims as if they are facts is arrogant.

Someone agreeing with your narrative doesn't automatically make it a fact, if that was the case, the people you're arguing with would also be stating facts, which is not the case. Everyone is arguing about who's right and who's wrong when in reality everyone is wrong.

Here's an example of a fact: Some people hate the update and some people love the update. Deal with it.

That's factual.
    • Like x 3
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I usually use names like TheRealDemon when providing examples because those players tend to be the newer and most inexperienced ones. Those players are often sheep and and they complain A LOT.

See what I did? You can't just label players based on their names, that ridiculous. Also, you need to stop dismissing people's complaints and criticism in every thread because they don't align with your narrative. Be better, my guy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

You seem to think that those people making their feelings known in game chat are somehow an accurate sample of player feelings in general. The only people these folks speak for are the goofy souls who constantly feel the need to vocalize how they feel with little or no prompting.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I always enjoy a good rant against an unspecified "they."

It's so useful.
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

I am one of the returning players responsible for the spike in population, the allies are fun, the hub and everything it offers is fun, the escrow gone + inventory is fun, the stat clamping however, NOT FUN! mostly in the HP Department. It is no fun getting one shotted over and over again. even the time i got 2 shotted by zod who leaped to me, then hit me and i was dead. im guessing the tank lost aggro, so me and my dps didnt stand a chance. in ELITES, this is prob acceptable, in event though???? c'mon!

players can claim "git good" all day long, but there is nothing i can do ingame to increase my hp pool to combat the one shots or 2 shot deaths. i mean, i have the hp, but i am not allowed to use it. I am okay with us not one shotting bosses, but them one shotting us i am not okay with. it doesnt make for an enjoyable time ingame, and does make it seem like a time sink as opposed to something fun that i am working towards.

if there was something i can build towards, the way augments build up making the content easier, sure i would love that. but as it stands now, the one shotting going on now, will be the same a year from now, there is no progression i can do to overcome it, so its no fun.

so after reading a lot of your comments, i thought i would reply to you to tell you my thoughts and to politely ask that you dont speak for me when you say everyone is liking it. thanks!
    • Like x 6
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

But trade chat is like the cesspool of chat, id rather go to general shout chat at least in the new hub is rather respectful
    • Like x 1
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

a recent returning player, great perspective to offer. TY for feedback. To clarify,
    1. what are your Origin Augment ranks?
    2. do you use/what rank are adaptive augments?
    3. do you have/what rank are augments?
    4. How many Skill Points?
    5. In a league to get them bonuses?
    Personally i returned this past February. Ranked up Origin augments in 2 months? Have been able to keep them maxed out with each increase over time., adaptive augments still working on them for both roles. I do have max Flashpoint adaptive augments used most of the time., My highest artifact is a controller role 162, Amulet of Rao. SPs, 393. I got one item from a Promethium Lockbox and apparently resulted in 4 more skill points last night. It felt like a bug.

PS, @devs, moving camera during pick up interactions is not necessary. Stop it. Exobytes that are invisible but heard and whatnot. Let me continue to control the camera to see stuff happening around me like it does the entire game, except for those interactions. You want to cut fat from an old game, cut that out entirely.
    • Like x 1
  13. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Done and more done, this is a mess of a dlc heck its not even creative recycling of old content
    • Like x 3
  14. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

isn't this the definition of a troll post?
    • Like x 1
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

edit to post above. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    3 artifacts. not augments again
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

dont like the new update? then use the custom aka original on duty window.
    • Like x 1
  18. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea thats cause all of us who like it are busy playin it smh come on man, seriously? Thats your argument? Thats the best u got? A few cry babies in HoD……. Please
    • Like x 1
  19. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Spot on. As a person who has been playing since launch (literally launch day, but ofcourse like 4 different breaks) I actually love this update. So what we are clamped a little? My sp, augments, artifacts, allies, you know things I invested in over time finally are giving me satisfactory results. Content feels more smooth, it's not all 10000 percent health multiplier on everything end game anymore. I like it so far. Only time will tell though. People just dont like change and honestly half the people wouldnt know what direction to take with this game. So honestly they'd be better off just being quiet instead of crying about it. Things change. Things evolve. Dont like it? Take a break. Still dont like it after the break? Then you know where the uninstall button is.
    • Like x 2
  20. BƖack Dedicated Player

Could you please share the thread or show a screenshot where you saw Mr. Panderus annouced that?
    • Like x 1