I'm glad some people don't like the update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 27, 2021.

1. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

<some pretty toxic stuff misdirecting anger at a strawman playerbase>
    • Like x 3
  2. JSnaples Committed Player

Yeaaahh no. Lots of people dont like this update
    • Like x 20
  3. JSnaples Committed Player

Wow great logic lol I could say the same thing to people before the update "Dont like high crs carrying you through instances? Then leave!"
    Sounds like you are just ******** about pvp though. If you dont care about pve then how arr you even still on dcuo lol pvp hasnt had an update in like 5 years
    • Like x 7
  4. JSnaples Committed Player

Lol who tf is having fun? And no those people do play the game thats why they are making those threads dont try to brush them aside
    The people in the chats saying how much the update sucks thats who. You are in trade chat 24 7 im sure you know who im talking about. Lots of people dont like the stat clamping and for good reason
    • Like x 9
  5. BumblingB I got better.

You know, posts like this is the reason why we have so much hate between players. Can't we all just play together w/o the vitriol?

This is a growing period, unlike the CR Differential, this has advantages to what it is. There is going to be pains and bugs going with it and reporting problems is definitely helpful. So players voicing their distaste for it is part of the process. Yes, it would be good if they gave more feedback than just "hate it hate it hate it", but sometimes that is helpful too.

When Game Update 47 came about, that one had some backlash that could be on the level of what a riot would be on here and other social media. (I mean, it's one game, how big could it actually be in backlash.) They forced it and the game suffered only to revert it back 2 years later with Stats Revamp.

This current change is different and really it's not all bad. There is also the confusion aspect of the growing changes. New HQ, new vendors, new ways of playing, etc, that adds onto these feelings.

In the end of the day, everyone, PvP or PvE players alike, loves this game, otherwise we wouldn't be upset of a change.
    • Like x 18
  6. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Ha!!! Thatt’s rich ^^^ Reminds me of a certain red head at a podium

.....whatever you have to tell yourself
    • Like x 5
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m trying to give specific feedback where I can because I’m really not against the idea. But the way it is right now is just too much for me.
    • Like x 3
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I like PVP but the I don't like the new update at all. Any kind of Stat Clamping in this game is a terrible idea and No I am Not Going To Leave. There is nothing wrong with anyone stating their opinions, but being rude to others is wrong. If the community does not speak up then nothing will ever change and we see this throughout history. When people allow atrocities to happen , then they continue. However when people stand up and speak their minds and let their voices be heard is when change can happen
    • Like x 1
  9. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

strange considering when i go to the HoD it is hard to find anyone who likes it. I go in shout chat and ask what they think and all i hear is hate.
    • Like x 5
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I think I saw Panderus say that DCUO had something in the works in regards to PVP last week.
  11. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

i do not care if pvp gets updated. i just want it to be good. i would play the same ol maps over and over for years if the pvp was like it was in 2013 and i would never get tired of it. I do pve and I am good at pve i just find it easy compared to pvp.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Understandable, you were starting to get comfortable and the rug got pulled out from under you.

I spent several hours yesterday doing various things and trying out older instances via Omnibus.
    Things I notice:
    • There is no such thing as out-gearing anymore. Which is a disappointment.
    • You can instantly tell players that have never stepped foot into an instance either the way they are playing or if their CR is below the NPCs. I had to help a few with mechanics.
    • It's like how the game was when I first started in a way that players start to do revolving door in the instance. Because the in progress feature is bugged right now, ended up last boss in several alerts.
    • Newer content made Post AF3 needs a balance pass on some bosses. Since we can no longer out-gear the boss, snowballing can happen that doesn't really happen from older content before AF3, since those got balanced with CR differential and/or stats revamp.
    • Playing your role is actually preferred. I saw healers and tanks in alerts and it made for a smooth fight. I played controller, though I'm stronger as a DPS. It was helpful.
    Hang in there and try to not let the anxiety of what is changed take away from what you can accomplish.
    • Like x 8
  13. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I dont hate the update. But people here are inhaling from an awfully large tank of copium if they don't think there are some glaring issues that still need to be looked at. The episode is only a couple days old and as usual I expect some changes to be made. The first few weeks on live is just an extended test.
    • Like x 6
  14. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

what goes around comes around. they been telling us pvp players to leave the game for years now it is time for them to swallow their own bitter medicine. all we wanted was some changed to pvp and we offered constructive criticism but then the pve players come and tell us to go away.
    • Like x 1
  15. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

try being a pvp player in a pve players world. all you get is people being rude to you. pvp players are second class citizens in dcuo and not even the devs care about us.
    • Like x 2
  16. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

unless they turn back the clock and make pvp like it use to be i am not interested.
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

You are reaching
    • Like x 2
  18. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

want me to post the threads where the pve players basically tell pvp players to go away? i can find them and post them for you, may take some time but i can.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

A) Not everyone tells you to leave. I don't like PvP at all, but I'm not going to tell you to leave and I've been on these forums for a long time. It is always the same ones that act that way and they themselves either hardly play or stopped playing. There are also the PvE elite players that do the same.
    B) This thread says otherwise on your constructive criticism. You are upset, but this is not a way to make it better. I've ran with you before in game, I believe. You are a good player. So please, be more constructive in the posts. I'm sure PvP is a monster that will be eventually addressed.
    • Like x 5
  20. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Literally me.
    • Like x 2