I'll admit. The season is to hard.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Broken Soui, Oct 2, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Or Technical Support. :p
    • Like x 5
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

All I need to say to you about instructions on the screen is: Avoid the Sonic Blast!
    • Like x 2
  3. darkscarletx Loyal Player

While the instance is easy for level 30 and above, I find it stupid to let level 10 in there in the instance's condition. They dps most of time and don't know support roles. I'm talking about new players but even new alts, I'm sure it can be hard. Like the OP says, it is suppose to be fun, not a struggle and I agree.

What are you trying to do there devs? It makes no sense to me and a lot of people. This is stupid.
    • Like x 3
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The assumption is that people want to learn, and that's a faulty premise. All this accomplishes is making everyone miserable, and they step away from the game. No righteous lesson to the great unwashed; just people that say "screw this" and go do something else.

Also, it would help if the so called pros could learn their power sets instead of griping about roles. Yesterday in DC Elite, I had a nature healer in bug form who always had a power bar at zero; and even with me giving every scrap of power I could find, it stayed at zero. The nature healer said this was the troller's fault.

Ever hear of hive mind? A healer in bug form shouldn't ever need power. It's easy mode. But at least the pro knew that the troller was supposed to give power, I guess.
    • Like x 2
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont think its too hard. I think the reward doesnt compensate enough for the difficulty.
    • Like x 5
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Haven't been paying attention to the recent updates, so correct me if i'm wrong, but nature's bugaboo form is the only support role power to get that AM power back break right? I know fire tanks had that too, and it was wicked awesome, but then Derpy McDerps Alot decided Fire couldn't be that awesome, and stole that away from it. I haven't used nature's bug form in a while, and it no longer fits the toon (based on Ivy), but if bugaboo mode is the way to go for power efficiency raisins (aka, the greetest), then Brundlefly is going to hijack my heal spec armory.
    • Like x 1
  8. PaolaFranco New Player

Im agree the reward is too bad and the event is too long

Blancarosa USPS hero
    Sorcery Healer
    cr 136 194 sp
    • Like x 1
  9. megamanexe Committed Player

i pugged it. got 4 dps..seemed pretty okay. dont know why ppl cant beat it
    • Like x 1
  10. JSnaples Committed Player

Another unfun too hard to beat event..ugh..guess I won't do this seasonal either. Dc please stop making events crazy hard, it's supposed to be for fun, not cause an outrage
    • Like x 1
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Well at it's current condition, it wasn't really tested or balanced. It was like the summer event, the damage is to high and why groups struggle. Not so much people don't know what to do, it's the surviving is the real issue. I was in a group with a couple people under level 30 we couldn't even put a dent in Klarion's health. kept my distance, and I was either 1 shotted or 2 shotted.
    • Like x 1
  12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its a 10 minute run at best. However some people are getting 15 minute runs, or not completing it at all. Plus many new players dont know the mechanics.

Its sad because it seems the seasonals have more mechanics than the endgame raids.

The seasonal is just too hard for a lvl10 player who gets 1 shotted. The boss health was supposedly lowered and defense is not a stat that is clamped.
    • Like x 4
  13. Dibrie Committed Player

Coming for a 4,5 year veterand, stat clamping isnt the problem, problem is damage vs stats, its just not proper tested.

Any who diss agree fine, but in noway is this fun for a freshmen lvl10, the mechanics isnt that hard to graps, the damage outputs from the boss is just to much. it isnt just well tested any can disagree , fine by me
    People have the right to complain or cry or any of those kind words :rolleyes:

Isnt there a statclamp Tunso test :rolleyes:

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 1
  14. Dibrie Committed Player

Maybe is the perception of judgment from testers, waaay offf with the playerbase perception of easy or hard.

And we need to reconsider the testing protocols, i wont say anyting more, because they gives bannes out for less :rolleyes:

Greetz Dibrie
    • Like x 3
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I know there are normal and good players, but I'm just confused at why anyone would think the event is hard.
  16. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

I still have to agree. Today on one of my toons I ran the event with 2 tanks, myself (dps) and a level 27 dps. We had no problems.

People are talking about a Dr Fate glitch, which I've never encountered. But besides that possibility, the event just isn't hard at all.
    • Like x 2
  17. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Thought it was obvious I was talking about stat-clamped seasonals. Since they were introduced, every single one has included this exact same pile of complaints about difficulty and instance length. After 10 months of that the design goal is clearly not trivial and fun instances.

This same argument pops up with Legends PVE events too. They also are not meant to be a trivial fun run that just gives you stuff. It's not hard, but you do have to pay basic attention to finish them.
  18. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Because it IS hard to a lot of pugs. It's a seasonal. Not end game content. It's supposed to be fun, and super easy. Which it is not at this present time.
    • Like x 4
  19. SnowStar Committed Player

While I have seen my CR 134 toon clamped down and 1-shot repeatedly while blocking in the event, I have also had successful runs. I agree it isn't an ideal set-up for a crew of level 10's / less than 20's. But, I just had a really fun run on my mental troller alt at level 14 - 2 dps, 1 heal - we wiped twice but then we got things together like clock work and won against the Pilgrim. my vit is 1622 buffed in the instance, and my power out was 83111. I know nothing by t7 standards but fun. I had to work to keep the level 19 healer powered up but so fun. I'm not a veteran troller with any of my troll alts so it's fun to work on them (I have gadgets and light too).
  20. SnowStar Committed Player

You have to get people to pay attention and the "P" in Pug does not mean paying attention. No response in group chat, people just run ahead and leave people in the hallway. I am tempted to use LFG, but I don't want to interrupt SM chat. BTW I have no problem with SM being in game. Something has to be done (which they have with the health drop on Klarion) to help out PUGs at lower tiers/CRs
  21. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ok well Ive changed my tune a little since I just got the Boo Utility belt last night. This is the only cool thing about this years Halloween event. I can summon all four of my boos all at once? The whole family? Awesome!....:cool: .....seems long over due though.

And I guess I dont really have a problem with the instance being so hard now. At least not as a healer now that I know I have to stay on top of it. In fact I could probably solo the thing. As a healer do yo know how many times Ive gotten thanked for coming in and saving the day? Yesterday I saved 3 groups that were all in there for like 30-40min. Then I walk in and we finish in 6min. Thats ridiculous.
    Then its all "OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU.... you saved the day!" .....Well people, its called playing as a support role. And why isn't anyone playing any support roles anymore? Every single person is DPS in the Halloween instance. There are other things in the world besides DPS people, and as you can see its kinda necessary for this instance. You think others might try to play Healer or Troll or Tank for once and see what happens.
    But I guess it feels good to be needed. Too bad its only for a lttle Halloween event.